• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 10: The Florida Georgia Line

B1Pd3JNCAAAAbYN.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anybody here have any recommendations for places to eat in Manhattan? My wife and I are there for the next week.

Meier

Anybody here have any recommendations for places to eat in Manhattan? My wife and I are there for the next week.
My wife and I went to NYC for 10 days this summer. I am pretty cheap so we didn't go anywhere super fancy, but OTTO was wonderful. It's from Mario Batali and the Italian dude from MasterChef. The dessert we had there was fantastic, but also make sure to get some Big Gay Ice Cream. The ice cream from Momofuku Milk Bar was overrated imo but the crack pie.. 😵

Draxal

Danny Kannell was excitement tweeting about how awesome this FSU team is. Although he was probably right about Louisville sweeping the SEC east this year.

andycapps

Danny Kannell was excitement tweeting about how awesome this FSU team is. Although he was probably right about Louisville sweeping the SEC east this year.

Louisville wouldn't sweep anything with Grantham coaching the defense. That second half collapse was so fun to watch when it wasn't my team anymore. And to think, they're paying him $1 mil/yr for this.

This needs to be in next week's OP.
8cMR9sc.png

Schmitty

Yeah, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Where are you staying? What kind of food do you like?

I personally LOVE the Red Lobster in Times Square!

andycapps

Not officially released pictures, but looks like these are likely the Lone Star Pride uniforms for this year that we'll wear this weekend -

Bleh.

Yaboosh said:

Not a local but a friend who is took me to the following places and they're amazing.

Patsy's Pizza - We went to the one in Greenwich Village. Really there are tons of good ones in NY. This one is one of my friend's favorites and was the best we had while we were there. Lombardi's is supposed to be one of the best, but my friend thinks it's overrated for how long it will take you to eat there.
Venieros Italian Bakery - They only serve dessert and coffee drinks. This place ruined me for cheesecake anywhere else. Couple times I've almost ordered one online and had it sent here. We got the NY cheesecake with fresh strawberries on top and a canoli. Both were the best I've ever had.

ag-my001

Duke by 7
Iowa by 7
Penn State by 4
NC State by 7
TCU by 14
Auburn by 7
Oregon by 14
SCAR by 7
Texas by 4
Arizona by 7
Arizona State by 10

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Might just be me being a hater, but I think not just FSU but all of college football is a step behind the last couple of years. I think both last year's Auburn and FSU teams were better than this years.

In general for a lot of teams I think this year's version might not be as good as the past few.

I fully admit this post comes off as salty. :/

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hearing that Kyle Allen will be starting over Kenny Hill this weekend for A&M. Not a bad time to put in a new starter considering the opponent this week.

Nothing concrete either way, but I'm leaning towards thinking that Patrick Mahomes is getting the start for Tech this weekend due to Webb's injury, and I'd definitely rather have my true freshman QB's first start be against Louisiana-Monroe than Texas.

Meier

Was looking at Michael Dyer's career stats. Dude must have hands of absolute stone. 7 catches for 32 yards... total?! He was the first player to rush for 3 TDs against us since Russell Wilson did it in 2010.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm hearing that Kyle Allen will be starting over Kenny Hill this weekend for A&M. Not a bad time to put in a new starter considering the opponent this week.

Nothing concrete either way, but I'm leaning towards thinking that Patrick Mahomes is getting the start for Tech this weekend due to Webb's injury, and I'd definitely rather have my true freshman QB's first start be against Louisiana-Monroe than Texas.

Remember when Kenny Hill was heisman trophy material? Lol

The University of Michigan will hold a news conference this afternoon to discuss athletic director Dave Brandon's future, multiple sources told the Free Press.

andycapps

Might just be me being a hater, but I think not just FSU but all of college football is a step behind the last couple of years. I think both last year's Auburn and FSU teams were better than this years.

In general for a lot of teams I think this year's version might not be as good as the past few.

I fully admit this post comes off as salty. :/

So far I agree. Though teams get better or worse as the year goes on. We may have some elite teams at the end.

The University of Michigan will hold a news conference this afternoon to discuss athletic director Dave Brandon's future, multiple sources told the Free Press.

Hammer going to drop.

Top Bottom