• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason, I thought he was on Bill Stewart's staff or something.

EDIT: Also, it appears he signed a 6 year deal, so good luck with that, WVU.

I remember the talk in the preseason about how he was practically guaranteed to keep his job after this season no matter what happened due to that contract.

TomShoe

Banned
I hope VT loses so we can have an excuse to fire Beamer, just too much poor management and inbreeding at every level.

Looks like aTm is going after venebles for DC. Offering 1.5 million. We may lose both coordinators before the first week of December is over.

We have several. CriggsMc something with a goat avatar and another wvu fan with a couch candle avatar.

Not an avatar, I just post the picture when we win. I don't really post during the week, and it's somehow worked out that I have been working every weekend we're on the road, and been at every home game.

AntoneM

We lived up to our expectations this year. How many divisions can say that?!

Pac 12 South exceeded expectations, but that's the norm out west. Conference of champions... until Oregon loses to Arizona and no Pac 12 team makes the playoffs.

TomShoe

Banned
As a VT student, this was the worst possible ending. I still hope Beamer gets fired. Worst season in years, mediocrity on every level.

Is there a worse power conference coach than Mike London? Yeesh

Kirk Ferentz is still at Iowa.

Chop Block U @ Georgia by 12
South Carolina @ Clemson by 6
Mississippi State @ Ole Miss by 4
Florida @ Florida State by 7
Minnesota @ Wisconsin by 14
Notre Dame @ USC by 7
Auburn @ Alabama by 9

Pac 12 South exceeded expectations, but that's the norm out west. Conference of champions... until Oregon loses to Arizona and no Pac 12 team makes the playoffs.

I don't know what would be worse. A doomsday scenario with 3 SEC teams
1. Bama
2. FSU
3. Miss. St.
4. Georgia (almost impossible now thanks to Mizzou winning the SEC-E)

Or...a doomsday with no SEC, and no Pac-12, and 2 Big 12

1. FSU
2. TCU
3. Ohio St.
4. Baylor

Ohio St. did pretty well today even though they didn't play. They can now officially say their loss was against a bowl eligible team, and Indiana's win against SEC champ Mizzou makes the B1G look strong considering Indiana went 0-8 in their own conference

Piggus

Just got a call from my dad, and we start talking about what's going on in the world of college football like we always do. We talked about the games today and about playing Arizona again, etc. And then he tells me that there's a 50% chance he has lung cancer.

Like football, many aspects of life just happen by chance. And all you can do is root for the outcome in your favor. I didn't think I'd be passionately rooting for someone or something other than my favorite team, but I don't care if the Ducks lose every game between now and the rest of my life as long as my dad is still around to call me up and bs about it or whatever else is going on in life. But I hope they at least end the season on a good note for him, just in case...

Sorry for being lame and sappy. Don't really know who to talk to and feel a little better by getting some feelings off my chest.

Go Ducks Dad

Just got a call from my dad, and we start talking about what's going on in the world of college football like we always do. We talked about the games today and about playing Arizona again, etc. And then he tells me that there's a 50% chance he has lung cancer.

Like football, many aspects of life just happen by chance. And all you can do is root for the outcome in your favor. I didn't think I'd be passionately rooting for someone or something other than my favorite team, but I don't care if the Ducks lose every game between now and the rest of my life as long as my dad is still around to call me up and bs about it or whatever else is going on in life. But I hope they at least end the season on a good note for him, just in case...

Sorry for being lame and sappy. Don't really know who to talk to and feel a little better by getting some feelings off my chest.

Go Ducks Dad

Gracious. I was there with a lung cancer scare with my dad almost 3 years ago. Had spots on both of his lungs, doctors seemed sure it was cancer, just needed a biopsy to confirm. Not one but two biopsies later, they found out it was just some infection or something, likely a reaction to some medication he was taking. Don't lose hope.

Now my dad has had 2 PSA tests (prostate) that show a significant likelihood of cancer, with a biopsy coming in mid-December. Hopefully, nothing comes of this, either, but if so, I can only pray it can be treated. Little mini rant here, but also a bit of hope, maybe... but the first PSA was in the early October timeframe, the second was in early-to-mid November, and now the biopsy is in mid-December. The doctors sure don't seem to be in any hurry to find out. Mini rant 2... you know how people like to cite Canada and waiting lists as arguments against universal healthcare? Yeah. Nothing like waiting for months in the United States for such "trivialities" as cancer tests.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Go Ducks Dad

Gracious. I was there with a lung cancer scare with my dad almost 3 years ago. Had spots on both of his lungs, doctors seemed sure it was cancer, just needed a biopsy to confirm. Not one but two biopsies later, they found out it was just some infection or something, likely a reaction to some medication he was taking. Don't lose hope.

Now my dad has had 2 PSA tests (prostate) that show a significant likelihood of cancer, with a biopsy coming in mid-December. Hopefully, nothing comes of this, either, but if so, I can only pray it can be treated. Little mini rant here, but also a bit of hope, maybe... but the first PSA was in the early October timeframe, the second was in early-to-mid November, and now the biopsy is in mid-December. The doctors sure don't seem to be in any hurry to find out. Mini rant 2... you know how people like to cite Canada and waiting lists as arguments against universal healthcare? Yeah. Nothing like waiting for months in the United States for such "trivialities" as cancer tests.
Damn, guys. Here's to hoping that it's nothing in the case of both your dads.

Jhriad

Chop Block U @ Georgia by 10
South Carolina @ Clemson by 4
Mississippi State @ Ole Miss by 4
Florida @ Florida State by 4
Minnesota @ Wisconsin by 11
Notre Dame @ USC by 4
Auburn @ Alabama by7

cdyhybrid

Go Ducks Dad

Sorry to hear that guys. Positive thoughts in both of your directions.

uclol

can't accomplish anything meaningful even with USC under massive sanctions.

meanwhile Hundley says he has "done everything I set out to do"

I guess bailing out of the biggest game of his college career was the last thing on the list

No point for Hundley to stay. He already graduated. Also the UCLA line from the first 5 games came back. I guess we'll get our title in either baseball, softball or soccer this year

Piggus

Thanks for the encouragement, and I'll be rooting for your dad too. :)

Damn, guys. Here's to hoping that it's nothing in the case of both your dads.

Sorry to hear that guys. Positive thoughts in both of your directions.

Thanks guys <3

lush

Tennessee ascending to heights unseen here in 4 years after today's Vandy game. 6-6. A bowl game. We made it. We're number one!

jjasper

Tennessee ascending to heights unseen here in 4 years after today's Vandy game. 6-6. A bowl game. We made it. We're number one!

Yet the fans yelling we were gonna go 4-8 or 5-7 are now unhappy cause going 6-6 is unacceptable. And you can tell after year 2 cause some coaches that had actual seniors of their team was able to win 9-10 games their second year.

Also they are wearing this on their helmet today:

B3nlOnaCYAAFW-r.jpg:small

lush

Yet the fans yelling we were gonna go 4-8 or 5-7 are now unhappy cause going 6-6 is unacceptable. And you can tell after year 2 cause some coaches that had actual seniors of their team was able to win 9-10 games their second year.

Also they are wearing this on their helmet today:

B3nlOnaCYAAFW-r.jpg:small
Eh, Volnation is Volnation. I do wish they'd have just played Dobbs this year as I think we'd have at least beaten UF, but what's done is done. A bowl game was my goal for this team. Hopefully they come out and stomp Vandy in front of an all orange crowd. Racing home from Charlotte, NC after visiting family and hoping to be back in Knoxville at kickoff.

That's badass, very nice touch by Butch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom