• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see osu breaking the top 4 if the michigan game is close. which sucks because as much as i dislike OSU/meyer my personal dream scenario for the first playoff would be the 4 "powerhouses" (bama/fsu/oregon/osu). i imagine the ratings would be through the roof if things went in that direction, but OSU has to win big to make it happen IMO

I would not consider OSU a powerhouse at all in pure football terms. Clearly a popular team - so good for ratings - but they only have one true quality win this season (MSU). Clearly not enough to crack the top 4.

They would need to destroy Wisconsin in the B1G final to make it and I don't see that happening.

Enron

Banned
Sloppy ass turnovers on offense. Sloppy play = shitty coaching.

Fuck Mark Richt. Someone please uncover a scandal on this guy or something please.

ulua

Sloppy ass turnovers on offense. Sloppy play = shitty coaching.

Fuck Mark Richt. Someone please uncover a scandal on this guy or something please.

richt may have a history of blowing it in big games, but i dont think hes necessarily a problem at all. like someone said in a previous OT i dont understand how people (in particular said teams fanbases') call for richt & les miles jobs every year. its not like they are giving you the bo pelini record every year or anything. georgia fansjust need to accept that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a 2-3 loss team every year.

Nice run by Barrett... but they will need to do much, much more if they want to impress the committee.

TCU blew out a better Texas team by 38 points. OSU needs that type of performance to impress.

HeySeuss

It's scary that he's only a freshman. Every time we need a big drive or a big play JT puts the team on his back and makes it happen.

Sorry Brax, hope you're ok playing as speed back or a receiver.

Thanks for giving Carolina 3 points Stoudt. You insufferable jackass.

Please God put in the third string QB.

You know you suck as a QB when taking a knee is the best you have played all year.

Far better first half than I expected, at least we are making a game of it. Just have to hope that the wheels don't fall of in the second half.

A TD run against a mediocre Michigan team is not going to help his chances much at all.

I don't think anyone thinks he has a legit shot to win it, but he'll definitely be in New York. His numbers compare fairly favorably to not only this year's contenders, but the last few winners, too.

Enron

Banned
georgia fansjust need to accept that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a 2-3 loss team every year.

or a 4 loss team. Or a 5 loss team.

Or never winning conference titles. Despite being a top 10 recruiting class every year we haven't won a title in almost 10 years, and the last time we won one it was a down year for the conference.

"Accept mediocrity"

It's just not good enough.

cashman

Banned
or a 4 loss team. Or a 5 loss team.

Or never winning conference titles. Despite being a top 10 recruiting class every year we haven't won a title in almost 10 years, and the last time we won one it was a down year for the conference.

"Accept mediocrity"

It's just not good enough.

Georgia is a second tier program.

Enron

Banned

It shouldn't be. That's the problem. It pulls in first-tier talent year after year. It has first-tier facilities. The program has first-tier money. What is the missing piece of this equation?

It's coaching. It's been that way ever since the days of Donnan. Richt can get you there when the rest of the conference is in the tank

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

0 reason UGA should be a 2nd tier program and Bama a 1st other than coaching.

Georgia has a larger population and more recruits than the state of Alabama ever has year in and year out by a LARGE margin.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Why the hell was a whistle not blown before that fumble? Progress had been stopped for a good two seconds.

ulua

It shouldn't be. That's the problem. It pulls in first-tier talent year after year. It has first-tier facilities. The program has first-tier money. What is the missing piece of this equation?

It's coaching.

pretty much all of their first tier talent ends up in JUCO > another team for arrests/rules violations 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉

dont get me wrong, im not a bulldog hater by any means, but i just dont see how firing mark richt is going to turn the program around. if he were to leave we all know that kirby smart would end up being the head coach, and as great of a coordinator he is i don't see him producing the immediate results that the bulldog nation seems to want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom