• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

andycapps

I remember this week I said Bama would expose Ole Miss for being overrated. Im here to eat crow, Ole Miss took care of business. I do think the game would have been different if Bama were at home, but that doesn't matter now.

UGA looked fine today. Gurley is still a monster. Mason still looks like a head case, but Ramsey shows (rough) talent. Right indicated they're going to get him more work. So I guess that he's either moving on from Mason or he's trying to see if pressure will motivate him better.

mr.beers

DUMPBRASKA.gif

Reminds me of Billy Bob on Varsity Blues. Hope Cotton is okay.

Jhriad

The left side of the line has been a massive disappointment all year. They were supposed to be head and shoulders better than the other side but Moudy has played better than Cotton and Lewis pretty consistently. As is, this is done already. Linebackers and Safety play already coming into play like I predicted earlier.

Big 10 football, ladies and gentlemen.

Michigan State were easily the favorites for the game so it's not really Big Ten Football but it's a good characterization of Nebraska football in big games. Maybe this one will change but I'm not confident.

Jhriad

With Kenny Bell out that means we're down 5 wide receivers. Three for the year, one for the time being, and then Kenny. Call this one now. It's done.

Kacar

Left to see Gone Girl, it was awesome.

What happened with Bama in the 2nd half? Thought for sure coming into the game that they would win easily.

Jhriad

Geez. How did you guys manage to pull that off?

ACL tear in a game, ACL tear in practice, Bell, Reilly is out for the game with a minor injury from a week or two ago, and I forget what the other one is but I think it was another ACL. If you include Bell we're down 11 players with injuries. Almost all of them being starters.

Jhriad

Couple of turnovers later...

Sure about that lol?

Bell was our best deep threat because of his speed. Our other fast receiver, Jamal Turner, is out with an ACL tear. We're not going to have anyone to throw to downfield so even with every opportunity we're not going to be able to capitalize because we have no way to clear the box of all the defenders there to stop the run.

Bell was our best deep threat because of his speed. Our other fast receiver, Jamal Turner, is out with an ACL tear. We're not going to have anyone to throw to downfield so even with every opportunity we're not going to be able to capitalize because we have no way to clear the box of all the defenders there to stop the run.
agreed, unfortunately.

Plus Beck doesn't know how to use Ameer properly if he inst gaining 6 yards a carry

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Christ Reggie how do you drop that.

::edit::
Also Christ Jordan how do you drop that.

::edit2::
Aww yeah TD

::edit3::
Oh wonderful. Replay that will probably overturn.

Jhriad

agreed, unfortunately.

Plus Beck doesn't know how to use Ameer properly if he inst gaining 6 yards a carry

It sure would be great if Beck (our offensive coordinator) could pull his head out of his ass and realize he has a really good receiving threat in our Tight End, Cethan Carter. I'd settle for him realizing the tight ends are a receiving option at all really.

cajunator

Banned
I would assume they look at the first time he touches ball in the 2nd half then add them up and divide?

By like math or some shit.

no but I mean which data points? What is being added specifically? I see he has rushed for some ludicrous amount of yards but I dont see where 42 yards per is coming from. Maybe Im just tired from driving 500 miles today.

It sure would be great if Beck (our offensive coordinator) could pull his head out of his ass and realize he has a really good receiving threat in our Tight End, Cethan Carter. I'd settle for him realizing the tight ends are a receiving option at all really.
Our TEs are amongst the most offensively underutilized in the country.
this has been the case for a long time :( Even guys with good hands like Kyler Reed didn't get enough targets

Edit: they got into Armstrong's head. This game is over

Jhriad

this has been the case for a long time :( Even guys with good hands like Kyler Reed didn't get enough targets

Edit: they got into Armstrong's head. This game is over

Don't even get me started on Kyler Reed. Reed could have been something really special and he was wasted on us.

Talon

Can't believe Northwestern actually held them off in the second half.

Also, weird world we live in where the two Mississippi schools might actually be good teams

no but I mean which data points? What is being added specifically? I see he has rushed for some ludicrous amount of yards but I dont see where 42 yards per is coming from. Maybe Im just tired from driving 500 miles today.

cajun pls

example w/ random numbers that aren't real: say his first touch of the 2nd half in each game is 17, 32, 40, 50, 75, that's an average of 42.8 yards per carry

edit: actual numbers are 63+0+69+22+61=215, which is an average of 43? eh fuck it

Top Bottom