• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 9: Humble Pie, Driskel, 280,000 defrees, Driskel, riots, and more Driskel

Status
Not open for further replies.
this will look familiar to domer fans
xQSFmTK.jpg

(THU) Miami @ Virginia Tech by 4
(FRI) BYU @ Boise State by 7
Texas @ Kansas State by 14
Georgia Tech @ Pittsburgh by 7
Michigan @ Michigan State by 24
West Virginia @ Oklahoma State by 7
Arizona @ Washington State by 7
Temple @ UCF by 6
Ole Miss @ LSU by 10
Ohio State @ Penn State by 10
USC @ Utah by 10
Arizona State @ Washington by 8

10 picks, 12 points, not bad

He's not in the Mountain West anymore.

It's kinda funny how I see USC fans still wishing they had gotten him over Sark when there doesn't seem to be a discernible advantage to either.

USC's loss was interesting. They had 2 plays on offense to seal the victory. On third and 2 they called a PA pass to the FB in the flat, the FB was open and Kessler had the ball slip out of his hands and go incomplete. On fourth down they lined up in the I with Buck Allen at FB and Nelson Agholor (who played RB in HS) at TB. They faked the hand off to Allen and pitched to Agholor who had room to run, but he stepped out 2 yards short of the first. If either of those plays works out I think USC wins tonight.

On the one hand its amazing that they're as good as they are with only 48 scholarship players suiting up tonight, on the other hand the losses probably hurt their fans a lot.

Dunno if its been mentioned, but interesting story about SEC refs getting instructions on what to call posted on Foxsports.com by Mike Pereira.

jjasper

Morning after feeling ok about the rest of the year. Dobbs might not be as good a passer as Worley but he is good enough and his running ability really hides the offensive line problems. I like Worley he has really improved and has become a pretty good passer but it's clear at this point Dobbs is the future.

Also really interested what the committee does with Bama and Ole Miss. Will they do the typical poll shit where they don't take into account past results and react on a weekly basis or will they place Ole Miss ahead based on head to head.

lush

Morning after feeling ok about the rest of the year. Dobbs might not be as good a passer as Worley but he is good enough and his running ability really hides the offensive line problems. I like Worley he has really improved and has become a pretty good passer but it's clear at this point Dobbs is the future.

Also really interested what the committee does with Bama and Ole Miss. Will they do the typical poll shit where they don't take into account past results and react on a weekly basis or will they place Ole Miss ahead based on head to head.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Worley starts again when healthy. Staff either dropped the ball with QB situation or doesn't care about winning this year. Yet they still burned his redshirt, stupid however you look at it. Sucked to see the defense drop the ball last night, they deserved a night off I suppose though. That team would've folded in the 1st with Dooley.

Kacar

I feel like the coaching staff just knows that our O-line and JT weren't ready, probably more the O-line. We got up 17-0 basically only running and we wanted/expected them to open it up. And the moment we did JT threw 2 straight picks.

The D was great though. The final drive of regulation could of gone different. Bosa got a roughing call by falling and rolling sideways into Hack. Then Grant got one and the broadcast didn't even show it. But the refs were erratic towards both teams all night.

We should crush Illinois and maybe someway this game helps us against MSU.

On a random note, fuck Jonathan Waters, and fuck all of the TBDBITL alumni who refuse to let this shit go.

He deserved to get fired and he's going to lose his lawsuit. Move the fuck on.

Sorry, just venting on here because I know far too many people in the OSU band community, and I would probably ruin several friendships by saying this directly to them (even though they really need to hear it).

It's just fucking gross, especially now that they're turning it into a crusade against the new university president.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
On a random note, fuck Jonathan Waters, and fuck all of the TBDBITL alumni who refuse to let this shit go.

He deserved to get fired and he's going to lose his lawsuit. Move the fuck on.

Sorry, just venting on here because I know far too many people in the OSU band community, and I would probably ruin several friendships by saying this directly to them (even though they really need to hear it).

It's just fucking gross, especially now that they're turning it into a crusade against the new university president.

Sucks when other members of your fan base defend stupid shit doesn't it.

jjasper

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Worley starts again when healthy. Staff either dropped the ball with QB situation or doesn't care about winning this year. Yet they still burned his redshirt, stupid however you look at it. Sucked to see the defense drop the ball last night, they deserved a night off I suppose though. That team would've folded in the 1st with Dooley.

burning the redshirt was pretty much a last resort. Peterman is awful and they wanted him to be the QB and gave him every opportunity he just can't get it done. Also rumors about Worleys injury are that he is done for the year with a torn labrum and can't throw at all. They are basically giving him a chance like they have Gilliam. And yeah I am not so sure this year was about winning

After the Tressel shit, I'm used to arguing with dumb Ohio State fans. That part doesn't bother me.

What's frustrating in this instance is that I can't say anything about it.

However, if one of my band friends were to privately ask me for my thoughts, I'd be honest. Brutally honest. We're talking about numerous Title IX violations that Waters willfully ignored - violations that jeopardized the entire university.

I love our marching band, but I love the university far more. And the asshole band director's reputation is not more important than the university's reputation.

So fuck him.

holy shit i got to storm the field at tiger stadium last night. probably the craziest game ive ever seen in person. only thing that would have been better is if lsu had actually beaten bama in 2012

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
holy shit i got to storm the field at tiger stadium last night. probably the craziest game ive ever seen in person. only thing that would have been better is if lsu had actually beaten bama in 2012

We were all judging you for doing so. Did you feel it? Did you feel the judgement?

Plasmid

Enjoy it. Maybe now state will shut up about us rushing when we beat bama.

JCX

A solid part of the stadium booed an anti-sexual assault ad because Obama was in it for a second. smh.

Also don't get the rushing the field hate. They beat a top 5 team in a close game, completely warranted.

Jhriad

Nebraska wins easily and the AP drops them one spot. After the last few times they've done that this year alone (not to mention the past few years) I guess we should be used to it.

Nebraska wins easily and the AP drops them one spot. After the last few times they've done that this year alone (not to mention the past few years) I guess we should be used to it.

Auburn struggles and moves up a spot.

Last night Charles Davis said he thought Ole Miss would be out of the top ten. They only fell to number 7.

Jhriad

Looking at the Coaches poll and I think that poll looks better. Bigger drop for Ole Miss and a more realistic top 10 (although I wouldn't put Michigan State in the top 5).

TCU remained stagnant in both polls despite scoring 82 point against Tech. MOV still doesn't matter to pollsters, but we don't know if it will matter to the comitee or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom