• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacbois

At least 13 mosques have been attacked since wednesday, one burnt, several tagged and defaced.

Lots of mosques all around France displayed support to Charlie Hebdo and condemmend the attack, saying that it was also an attack on Islam.

People on twitter have been using the #JeVoyageAvecToi hashtag to protect arabs & muslims from racist/islamophobic attack during their commuting as sadly a lot of those attacks already happend.

KingFire

Banned
If they really wanted to die as martyrs, there was no point in escaping the Charlie Hebdo headquarters. They were trying to survive.

If they died, they believed that they were going to heaven and meet 72 virgins (per Islamic Hadith) as martyrs. If they survived, they would carry another attack at some point in the future.

It is a win-win situation for them.

RangerX

Banned
I don't think that right now they are making love with 70 virgins, giving high fives to Allah, wondering how the coran words are now stronger and the world will take example from their actions.
Terrorists always lose, they may seem to win for some days but in the end they lose. Everyone loses and that's it, probably Europe will embrace even more far right ideas but that's not what they wanted.

That is most certainly one of their aims. They want to divide and segregate french society so that people start becoming suspicious of muslims. That could make muslims feel isolated and push them towards these sickening groups. I know most french citizens will stand in solidarity with their Muslim neighbours but the rise of FN is worrying and and I can't help but feel this will galvanise the FN. I hope I'm wrong.

dosh

Le Monde reports that a press conference will be held at 10:30pm (french hour - that's 3 hours from now).

faridmon

At least 13 mosques have been attacked since wednesday, one burnt, several tagged and defaced.

Lots of mosques all around France displayed support to Charlie Hebdo and condemmend the attack, saying that it was also an attack on Islam.

People on twitter have been using the #JeVoyageAvecToi hashtag to protect arabs & muslims from racist/islamophobic attack during their commuting as sadly a lot of those attacks already happend.

Sad stuff all around!

Alx

Totally unrelated failed jewelry robbery. One man taking two people hostage, police on site.

Hopefully they can talk some sense into him, since he's probably there for the money. "Hey we already had to handle two hostage situations today, and the criminals got killed each time. Won't you surrender ?"

Nuthead #1 in the printing shop confirmed he was funded by al qaeda.

Nuthead in casher supermarket interviewed by the same channed oO This one was linked with nutheads in printing shop, but was backed by isis.

And Coulibaly too, he wanted to talk with the police, but he was way ISIS.
He said that they synchronized with the brothers to act at the same time.

Addi

Holy fuck at BFMTV having interviewed the terrorists on the phone today, both the charlie dude and the kosher guy! They sound so fucking casual when talking.

Nugg

Nothing islamistic this time. A burglar thought it would be the perfect day to rob a jewelier store and has now taken hostages after GIGN arrived from the kosher market. Apparently.

Not the same guys from the kosher market. Montpellier is far, they can't teleport.

Vire

CNN said:
• Hayat Boumeddiene, the 26-year-old woman wanted in Thursday's fatal shooting of a policewoman outside Paris, escaped Friday from the grocery store in the confusion as hostages ran away, Alliance Police Union spokesman Pascal Disand said. She'd been in the market with Coulibaly, the other suspect in Thursday's deadly incident. The FBI also said that French police were trying to find Boumeddiene.

Is this true? How does this happen? Isn't there tons of video footage of the incident also?

Mael

Nothing islamistic this time. A burglar thought it would be the perfect day to rob a jewelier store and has now taken hostages after GIGN arrived from the kosher market. Apparently.

What a day for the GIGN!
They finish their job in Vincennes and they have to handle a situation in Montpellier!
waht?

Jisgsaw

Jesus, they talked to the hostage takers through the phone....

The fuck

Well (don't know if it was already reported in the thread), that helped the RAID in Vincenne a lot, as he forgot to put the phone of...

Really, they did do a number of very dumb things, even aside the pointless killings.

Edit: and aparently, not a single hostage died (...yet, some are severly injuried) during the raids.
Respect.

Wanchan

Is this true? How does this happen? Isn't there tons of video footage of the incident also?

She didn't escape, she wasn't even there today (at the kosher shop).

Amedy Coulibaly was from ISIS, he just wanted to kill cops & jews at the same time as the Kouachi Brothers (he knew the brothers).

The 2 Kouachi brothers were from Al'Qaeda Yemen and were financed by some American arab (don't have the name).

Those are infos given by them at phone with journalists (they wanted to talk to Journalists to give a message to France).

Source is BFMTV live : http://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/live-video/

Pacbois

I'm kind of angry at BFMTV, contacting the terrorist is already bad, but broadcasting the calls just hours after the hostage takings is irresponsible, it might be damaging the investigation and fuels the terrorists message, especially to Jihadist supporters. This is so wrong.

Koren

Charlie Hebdo print run going from ~60.000 to one million.
For the next issue only... I guess many people will buy it just to show support (I'll probably do this, and I'm not fond of Charlie Hebdo).

The most ironic thing is that they were on the verge of bankrupt, so the terrorists may have help them to stay afloat (if they can find cartoonists and journalists). They gather something like five time more subscriptions in the last two days (alledgely from Arnold Schwarzeneger, too) than the whole last year. And even the french government is thinking about a offering them one million euros to reestablish themselves.

Mully

I'm surprised CNN is still reporting that Boumeddiene escaped the market. Multiple sources are now saying she was not there at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the language barrier seriously affected coverage by English speaking news outlets.

azyless

can't find it, source?
I've been on BFM TV all day, but I think by now every news outlet agrees on it, except maybe trash like Sky news. French media in general has never said anything about her being there, so I don't know why others did.
If you're talking about being in contact with them, they just aired the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom