• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

By the way has anyone on GAF made any sort of graphic (ribbon or such) we can add to our avatars to show our support and condolences?

SgtCobra

No.

10900194_10153076723188812_2171619200432787835_o.jpg
My point still stands, they succeeded in their mission.

And the police also made a statement. "Fuck with us and you get a bullet. We're not going to give you a split second of thought." You can spin it any way you want.
Yes sure, they died as martyrs though, just as they wanted. They killed those poor people, their life had no further meaning anymore.

Please, don't try to think I'm sympathizing with those sub human terrorists. Feel free to disagree with what I'm saying, that's okay, it's just how I'm seeing things.

MilkyJoe

"According to reports in the French media the denouement of the two hostage situations in Paris happened after French security forces crept into position on the roof of the printworks moments before opening bursts of gunfire.

Their two suspects, the Parisian brothers Chérif and Saïd Kouachi, reportedly launched an audacious escape bid, charging out of the building firing at the security forces before being cut down in their tracks."

What a bunch of morons.

Who are those guys?..

Heh..

Pacbois

On Twitter, there are numerous users talking about a possible bomb threat in Bordeaux. No French media has picked up on this to my knowledge nor do any of the users give any sources, so this is likely false. Don't fall for it.

There are a lot of suspicious packages reported on Paris metro network, probably because of a sense of fear with the commuters, however, none have been confirmed. There will be a lot of those in the next few days, sadly a logical consequence of what have been happening.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
We should make fun of these assholes and ridicule them and humiliate them.

Let's not allow them to be martyr, show them for the utter fools they are.

"Hostage" of the #Dammartin was actually hidden. The Kouachi brothers were unaware that he was thereBFMTV
"This man, hidden in a carton, informed the police."

Blog_Paper_Toy_papertoy_Snake_in_a_box_Anonymous_pic2.jpg

Balls of steel.

BFM reported cellphone signals were scrambled around the printing shop.
Why would he ask for information on them if he could communicate with them ?
Why would he execute 4 hostages and how did they know 4 hostages were killed ?

It's just that there are a lot of ambiguous elements that don't make any sense

Nevertheless, this is a really sad week for humanity.
There are ways to communicate that don't involve Cellphones.
All he needed was a TV and he would have know if something happenned on the other incident.

Maybe a communication was set-up by the special forces BUT we have no way to know if a communication or a negociation was possible.

They probably killed hostages maybe when he took hostages or maybe in order to keep control , who knows ? We are lacking information on what happenned INSIDE.
"According to reports in the French media the denouement of the two hostage situations in Paris happened after French security forces crept into position on the roof of the printworks moments before opening bursts of gunfire.

Their two suspects, the Parisian brothers Chérif and Saïd Kouachi, reportedly launched an audacious escape bid, charging out of the building firing at the security forces before being cut down in their tracks."

What a bunch of morons.
Totally . I wouldn't imagine what they could have done if they knew they had a leverage nearby.

MilkyJoe

There are a lot of suspicious packages reported on Paris metro network, probably because of a sense of fear with the commuters, however, none have been confirmed. There will be a lot of those in the next few days, sadly a logical consequence of what have been happening.

YYeah, this happened for a while after the London bombings

Joni

Yes sure, they died as martyrs though, just like they wanted. They killed those poor people, their life had no further meaning anymore.
If they really wanted to die as martyrs, there was no point in escaping the Charlie Hebdo headquarters. They were trying to survive.

Needlecrash

"Hostage" of the #Dammartin was actually hidden. The Kouachi brothers were unaware that he was thereBFMTV
"This man, hidden in a carton, informed the police."

Blog_Paper_Toy_papertoy_Snake_in_a_box_Anonymous_pic2.jpg

Balls of steel.

HOLY SHIT. The hostage literally pulled a Solid Snake and lived to tell about it. Glad the hostage is alive.

SgtCobra

If they really wanted to die as martyrs, there was no point in escaping the Charlie Hebdo headquarters. They were trying to survive.
Didn't they say they wanted to die as martyrs on the phone or something like that? I agree that their actions contradict their words.

Joni

Now anyone will call to make bomb threats and claim they will attack there and here just to create fear.
And they will be punished like the people that did in the past.

Didn't they say they wanted to die as martyrs on the phone or something like that? I agree that their actions contradict their words.
Yes, they said after a 50 hour escape attempts leaves them trapped in a giant building surrounded by thousands of agents, helicopters and a fucking tank. Actions speak louder than words.

Koren

So whats the latest. Can someone get me up to speed please ?
The two brothers responsible for the attack on Charlie Hebdo wednesday were trapped in a factory this morning circa 9am, at 50km north-east of Paris. There was a young man trapped inside. They said they would die as martyrs. After negociations all days, they apparently ran out near 5pm, and GIGN had to shot them down. No casualties among policemen there, both terrorists are dead, the man (not really an hostage, apparently) is safe.

At 11am, another attack was launched on a jew supermarket inside Paris (Vincennes). Apparently, a man entered and shot everywhere in the shop, and some may have been wounded/killed, and took around 15 customers in hostage. He was identified as the man responsible for the murder of a young policewoman yesterday. He know the younger brothers, and ask for a safe exit for the two brothers. Shortly after the assault in the factory, RAID assaulted the supermarket. There's a badly wounded policeman, and another lightly wounded. The terrorist was killed, and apparently another man, possibly an accomplice. And unfortunately, also three customers were found dead, killed before the assault (when they entered the shop, or before the assault). There's also four customers hurt among the dozen that were freef.

abzyshaid

Banned
roddymansfield 1 minute ago
Sky sources: French investigators say there is an unidentified body they suspect may be a fourth gunman.

sky news

MrKaepora

Yes sure, they died as martyrs though, just like they wanted. They killed those poor people, their life had no further meaning anymore.

Please, don't try to think I'm sympathizing with those sub human terrorists. Feel free to disagree with ehat I'm saying, that's okay, it's just how I'm seeing things.
No they died like idiots who will not be remembered.

I would like for them to be captured alive only to toss them into a dark cell for the rest of their lifes, but if death is what they wanted, I hope the devil has a special place for them in hell.

I don't think that right now they are making love with 70 virgins, giving high fives to Allah, wondering how the coran words are now stronger and the world will take example from their actions.
Terrorists always lose, they may seem to win for some days but in the end they lose. Everyone loses and that's it, probably Europe will embrace even more far right ideas but that's not what they wanted.

chadskin

According to the police, there was at least one police man injured in the grocery store assault. A journalist of the German Bild posted pictures on Twitter showing a lot of blood on a sidewalk near the store which is from said police man.

SgtCobra

I would like for them to be captured alive only to toss them into a dark cell for the rest of their life, but if death is what tey wanted, I hope the devil has a special place for them in hell.
Totally agreed.

I don't think that right now they are making love with 70 virgins, giving high fives to Allah, wondering how the coran words are now stronger and the world will take example from their actions.
Terrorists always lose, they may seem to win for some days but in the end they lose. Everyone loses and that's it, probably Europe will embrace even more far right ideas but that's not what they wanted.
Perhaps you're right, their "win" is only temporary. They will be forgotten but I hope their victims won't.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

You sure? One of the goals of terrorism like this is to cause more right wing ideas to spread to further alienate a minority which then leads to more of them becoming radicalized.

StayDead

What a bunch of morons.

That in no way was an escape bid. They can say it is all they want but those people went out to die. Someone who does what they did these past few days is smart enough to know they wouldn't have ever escaped. It was most certainly assisted suicide.

Benedict

That's exactly what they wanted. Polarising the society.

kmax

More right wing influences = more alienation against minorities = more radicalization = more terrorism.

The question if they win or not depend on how we act. It's up to us.

StayDead

Killed a newspaper, dead in a printing shop.
Being an Islamist and dying in a Kosher shop.
Gotta love the irony.

You know that Kosher foods are consumed by Jews and not by people of Islam right? Islam has Halal which is similar, but not the same as something that is Kosher.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Yes sure, they died as martyrs though, just as they wanted. They killed those poor people, their life had no further meaning anymore.

Please, don't try to think I'm sympathizing with those sub human terrorists. Feel free to disagree with what I'm saying, that's okay, it's just how I'm seeing things.

If youre win conditions are "Kill a bunch of unarmed people, then die" then it's really hard not to "win"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom