• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarovitch

As not only a French citizen who strongly believe in the values of my country, but also coming from a algerian muslim family who prefectly integrated and respect those values and our freedom of religion, those last few days were pretty hard.

I know just hope that our nation will bond together to fight intelorance of every form and origin and not fall into the trap of hate. It's going to be difficult, but there maybe hope somehow...

Thanks for all the kind words of supports here, it was nice to see guys.

Now I'm going to get drunk with friends to get some relief. I'll go to the march on sunday, to show my support to my country and it's values, it would be nice meet a few french gaffers.

I'll get drunk tonight too, but as french canadian. Have fun with your friends.

As not only a French citizen who strongly believe in the values of my country, but also coming from a algerian muslim family who prefectly integrated and respect those values and our freedom of religion, those last few days were pretty hard.

I know just hope that our nation will bond together to fight intelorance of every form and origin and not fall into the trap of hate. It's going to be difficult, but there maybe hope somehow...

Now I'm going to get drunk with friends to get some relief. I'll go to the march on sunday, to show my support to my country and it's values, it would be nice meet a few french gaffers.

I'll be there if I manage to let go of my daughter.

As French citizen who strongly believe in the values of my country, coming from a moroccan jewish family I can tell you that I feel much closer to those who not only tolerate but actually accepts and embrace other cultures and faiths wherever they come from than to anyone who at first glance would be of my own.

These days were very very hard indeed and I especially feel for my muslim and arab friends and neighbours. I know I'm not alone.

Be safe, be strong mec.

The attack wasn't anti-semitic, Hollande, christ. It was anti-civilization, anti-freedom, anti-humanity. Get it right.

Here we go again. He unambiguously decided to go into a Jewish store to kill Jews. What the fuck do you call that?

Alx

The terrorists really fucked up with this if they thought it would silence people.

As much as the new focus and financial support will help Charlie Hebdo survive for some time, those guys did hurt it a lot still. Besides the killing of its major contributors, Charb's wife told yesterday how several of the remaining ones probably won't be able to continue because of the shock. There will hopefully be other people carrying the flame, but I'm afraid the real Charlie Hebdo may have been killed with those events.

As much as the new focus and financial support will help Charlie Hebdo survive for some time, those guys did hurt it a lot still. Besides the killing of its major contributors, Charb's wife told yesterday how several of the remaining ones probably won't be able to continue because of the shock. There will hopefully be other people carrying the flame, but I'm afraid the real Charlie Hebdo may have been killed with those events.
Absolutely.

Hashtag #JeSuisKouachi is trending on French Twitter....

picard-facepalm.jpg

wachie

At least 13 mosques have been attacked since wednesday, one burnt, several tagged and defaced.

Lots of mosques all around France displayed support to Charlie Hebdo and condemmend the attack, saying that it was also an attack on Islam.

People on twitter have been using the #JeVoyageAvecToi hashtag to protect arabs & muslims from racist/islamophobic attack during their commuting as sadly a lot of those attacks already happend.
By support, you mean condemnation of the attacks right?

Cause the mosque I went to today and a lot of the sentiment I've seen here is that Muslims don't support (vehemently condemn) the attacks but don't support Charlie either.

dosh

Tu m'étonnes. This has been exhausting and it will take quite a long time before any of this really sinks in.

This march is going to be something else.

Chaos17

Hashtag #JeSuisKouachi is trending on French Twitter....

picard-facepalm.jpg

Yeah,it happened with Meera too, usually young people who wants to be different until they meet the wife or husband or mother or father of the victim, then they become little kids saying "sowy".

I saw that on the tv, the mother of one the victim, she met some youngsters who were going pro Meera and they didn't brag anymore when they faced her. So silly.

Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the double assault was ordered directly and personally by President François Hollande (Source: BFMTV/TF1)

Addi

Holy shit, France 2 got a video filmed by a neighbour across the street from the supermarket looking almost straight in the main entrance during the assault.

Hari Seldon

I was busy all day and couldn't follow this, am I reading it correctly taht there were actually 4 gunmen? Two at the supermarket and two at the plant?

Interesting idea. Send all of those who were using that hasttag serious a policeman to friendly ask about it. Will teach most of them.
Not sure why the sarcasm from you but on a serious note, anyone sending a message that they are a terrorist should not be taken lightly. It should be investigated however reasonably possible.

Just heard the phone conversation between BFMTV, Coulibaly and one of the Kouachi brothers. That's weird as fuck, the terrorists just casually answered the questions like it was nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom