• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V Brave New World |OT| More than Content Tourism

Oh god, I was hoping I just missed the preload on my system...

:(

Some people have been data mining expansion material that is already delivered to Civ V installs, so at least some of it has already been pushed to people who have bought the game on Steam. There will probably be another unlock and download at midnight though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Some people have been data mining expansion material that is already delivered to Civ V installs, so at least some of it has already been pushed to people who have bought the game on Steam. There will probably be another unlock and download at midnight though.

Civ V is serious business.

Esch

Banned
You guys ever get that tingly feeling in your butthole when you're really excited or nervous for something?

So many feels

You guys ever get that tingly feeling in your butthole when you're really excited or nervous for something?

I had a slow coastal start w/ Elizabeth yesterday w/ Atilla's Court 10 hexes away, playing on Deity.

There was feeling in the butthole but it was not tingly.

traveler

Not Wario
I am actually pretty sure I have cleared 2200 hours over the years on those games, if my Steam counts are right and my estimate of Civ IV is somewhat accurate.

Thinking about making a section in the OP for some of the stuff in Maddjinn's stream on Friday-worth doing? The only big bits of new stuff that I saw were the +2 faith from pearls/gems pantheon, Iron reveal moved to Bronze Working, and Lighthouses giving +1 hammers to sea resources.

Not sure there's really enough new material in that alone.

I haven't kept up with the changes as much as I did for Gods and Kings, though, so maybe one section worth adding would be a review of the overhauled older Civs, similar to the reviews for the new civs.

There are only two real changes to existing Civs that we know of: Arabia's UA is getting reworked (don't worry bazzar and camel archers are still crazy OP) and France is getting their UA reworked to ( City of Light: Great Work tourism theme bonus doubled in the Capital ) and getting a unique improvement that helps with tourism and culture to replace foreign legions (which are now available via freedom tree).

If once we get the game we start seeing tons of other small changes I will make another section in the OP.

Sounds good

Not sure there's really enough new material in that alone.

I haven't kept up with the changes as much as I did for Gods and Kings, though, so maybe one section worth adding would be a review of the overhauled older Civs, similar to the reviews for the new civs.

There are only two real changes to existing Civs that we know of: Arabia's UA is getting reworked (don't worry bazzar and camel archers are still crazy OP) and France is getting their UA reworked to ( City of Light: Great Work tourism theme bonus doubled in the Capital ) and getting a unique improvement that helps with tourism and culture to replace foreign legions (which are now available via freedom tree).

If once we get the game we start seeing tons of other small changes I will make another section in the OP.

I just verified integrity on my Civ V install.

sMgK4J0.png

Hype is at maximum.

FACE

Banned
I'm looking forward to Tom Chick's review, he's usually good when it comes to strategy games despite being overly harsh with CoH 2.

Enco

Barely started playing Civ V.

I've been trying to get into it for a looong time. Tried the demo a few times but got bored. Decided to trade a spare game for it a while back and just recently decided to load it up and try it out.

It was actually pretty cool! I ordered this expansion so I hope to get into it even more on release.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I started off Gods & Kings with the Byzantines to jump into the new religion system with both feet, so I guess for a similar effect with Brave New World I should start with Brazil for the crazy tourism. Or Venice for the sheer novelty of a civ that always operates in a sort of modified one city challenge.

A game with Venice, Austria, Portugal, and the Mongols seems like it'd probably be a pretty miserable experience for city-states, which sounds pretty great to me on account of I've never really liked those jerks.

zashga

Aw. Somehow I thought the DLC was releasing midnight yesterday instead of today. Gonna be a long, boring four hours until then.

Esch

Banned
Man, fuck Ghandi. He always overcrowds the continents we share and then starts wars he can't win.

It's Firaxis fault. They designed his civ to be ideal for tradition/cultural victories then programmed his AI to beeline for nukes, be a warmongerer. Most hated Civ enemy besides Attila and Catherine.

Ghandi's nuclear beeline only happens a bit later in the game. If you catch him in a classical/medieval war you can steamroll him for ph4t wonder loots.

traveler

Not Wario
Just got finished winning a culture victory with Genghis. Boy, that was sloppy. Did not deserve to win in the slightest. Was supposed to be a domination run, but I've always tended towards the other win cons and I found myself completely without horses for the longest time. Only ended up with 2 max after getting contained by Napoleon so I just set up my usual tall empire and let it go.

TINGLY FEELS

tumblr_mgzzxsQBQx1rj6x5to1_1280.jpg

The facial expression really sells it.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Arabia on the right map is fucking unstoppable. Get happy bonuses and production bonuses from religion, and build a cluster of trade connected cities and it's like 1000 gold per turn. Someone surprise declares war on you? No problem, buy 10 units and destroy them. Need that demanded resource? No problem, trade your duplicates with the civ that has it or rapid build a city next to the desired resource (buy aqueduct + granary + whatever makes sense for the city).

Wonder if their bonus is changed with brave new world.

Right map = one with rivers and production. If you get tossed in hills, GG.

Top Bottom