• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V Brave New World |OT| More than Content Tourism

Question, since this thread is more active: [William] if i construct a farm on a marsh tile, can i build a polder over it once i get guilds? I know it says it removes the marsh...

kidko

Super hype! Great OT, subbed.

Sorry if you all already did this, but what Civ do you plan on picking first? Will you dive in with one of the new ones or browse them all again to see what might have changed?

Playing for culture seems like the obvious thing to try first, but it will be fun to explore the trade route system from the perspective of a warlord, disrupting other civs' attempts at trade.

Sblargh

Banned
I remember proxying something to play CIV 5 Vanilla 3 days before launch and then thinking "oh, boy, how stupid was that. It was just 3 little days!"

...it is making sense all over again.

Super hype! Great OT, subbed.

Sorry if you all already did this, but what Civ do you plan on picking first? Will you dive in with one of the new ones or browse them all again to see what might have changed?

Playing for culture seems like the obvious thing to try first, but it will be fun to explore the trade route system from the perspective of a warlord, disrupting other civs' attempts at trade.

I'm a hardcore Random player, but going Brazil first makes too much sense to pass on. Both because I'm brazilian and because of the tourism bonuses which make it the ideal civ to learn these new mechanics.

Esch

Banned
THBREEE MORE HOURS

3shcr0.jpg

dream

I know! I just outright freak out and think "get your filthy ideology out of my cities!" Then I basically go nuts trying to take the holy city that has the temerity to indoctrinate my agnostic citizens.

Steam tells me I have played 72 hours of Civ 5. That involves actually never playing any of the scenarios. I do random large map, pick a civ and play for hours on end. My gf always asks why I am playing the same game over and over. I love this game and cant wait to get this and start playing again.

Trigger

I'm not an atheist, but I also can't stand other civs sneaking their filthy beliefs into my empire. It's like someone sleeping in my bed or something.

Is it midnight east coast or west coast? Amazon keeps telling me midnight pacific time, which would really suck.

It better be Beast Coast time tbh. I'm not waiting for the lesser coast.

kidko

I'm a hardcore Random player, but going Brazil first makes too much sense to pass on. Both because I'm brazilian and because of the tourism bonuses which make it the ideal civ to learn these new mechanics.

I was thinking the same thing (though I'm not Brazilian I love the music :)

jph139

Listening to Calling All Dawns to get myself in the mood. Biggest strike against Civ V by far - lack of Christopher Tin.

Half an hour left!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I just bought it straight from Steam. NO NEED FOR THE SILLY GAMES. ONLY THE SERIOUS ASS GAME I WILL BE PLAYING TONIGHT
after i get done playing DOTA2 with my friends

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
My civy is ready!

Anyone notice how the va for the narrator is all aggressive as hell with the Huns intro! Lol

Facism

so i haven't been able to sleep tonight and am going to get breakfast. what's the best way to proxy this so i have something to do for next few hours of my descent into skittishness?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
The game just downloaded 6 megabytes, then popped up a "Completing installation" message when I launched it, but it's still Gods & Kings.

Nice false alarm there, Steam.

jph139

Reading over the first post and man, 2/5 or lower for Morocco? Am I reading that right? Desert is already one of the most advantageous starts in the game and that Kasbah is amazing.

You get Petra, a Kasbah, Desert Faith in your capital and you've got tiles producing 2 Food, 2 Production, 1 Gold, 1 Faith. Then add in bonuses for Flood Plains or Hills (though I'm not sure if you can put a Kasbah on a Flood Plain). Then you get culture and gold from trade routes - I think a well-situated Morocco is one of the most powerful forces in the game with just about every option open to them.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
A-yup, downloading for really reals this time. Oh huzzah.

jph139

Still downloading here - figure it'll be a few minutes, but I planned for that. I've waited this long, y'know?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
You guys are crazy. You don't start a new game of Civ 5 at midnight on a weeknight...unless you all are college dwellers.

Top Bottom