• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

red13th

Bomb Tower is insane, I have no idea how to beat it. I don't have much trouble with Hogs, I usually drop a Cannon, or Barbarians.
Just reached Arena 6 but I don't expect it to last lol

Made it to arena 7 last night with this deck. Bomb towers and hogs are too strong in this game right now. I stopped trying to counter them and just started using them until fixed.

LoVH6nxl.jpg
Bwyafxdl.jpg
Yep.

Bomb tower is a big joke right now.

It lasts way too long and has too much HP. You basically have to hand them an elixir advantage to get rid of it.

Some way just wait it out - but you can't do that because by the time it goes they've earned another one.

I came against some super try hard using the mirror on it. They had three out at once. Nothing you can do at that point.

J0dy77

Even just making Musketeer outrange the bomb tower would go a long way toward balancing it.

Yeah it's completely broken at this point. Even playing perfectly you end up cancelling each other and they just drop another. HP and time to come way down.

I was stuck between 1700 and 1800 until I have in and just started using it. Climb to 2000 was pretty easy from there. My tower is even level four and it handles level three giant skeletons, 5 giants and everything else.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My bomber tower usually dies to a Dragon/minion horde.

_machine

Made it to arena 7 last night with this deck. Bomb towers and hogs are too strong in this game right now. I stopped trying to counter them and just started using them until fixed.

LoVH6nxl.jpg
Bwyafxdl.jpg
Nice, I'm still on the edge of Arena 7, even though nearly all of my cards a level higher than you (been playing since SL). My deck simply got nerfed quite a bit in the last patch and even though it's still viable, I really have to play well to win and hope the opponent makes a crucial mistake.

chinoXL

the bomb tower is a beast to deal with especially if you rely on minion horde to kill it then dude tosses arrows at them and ur in the hole 5 elixir...i usually send a hog and musketeer to wax the tower. how would they nerf hogs though? they don't have a ton of armor they hit decent but with ice drop its lights out

Alur

Seems like it'd be easier to hit Freeze (and possibly Zap) than Hog Rider, but they already nerfed Freeze once.

He's definitely all over the place, though. Now that I've crested Arena 6 I hardly ever see a Prince, always Hog Rider. I hadn't ran into a Hog Freeze deck in a while til I got past 1900, then I hit 3 in a row. They are kinda predictable, though, so I don't mind it as much as the Bomb Towers and hut decks.

nampad

Damn this game. I dropped from 1959 to the 1600 range this evening. For whatever reason I just kept losing (well, I always got the worst combination of my deck as a starter). This is actually my worst dry spell and now I am facing even more level 8 players than before (I am level 7).

The worst is, my unfortunate drop started when I had to stop playing a game I have already as good as won (2-0 towers) because I wanted to sit down on the train after standing around for a while with a first class ticket. 30 seconds later someone came and told me I was sitting in his seat and the place I was standing around in was now taken too -.-

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My goodness. 4 straight loss. I've had enough. Time to sleep.

Lucky you, after my 7 straight losses I tried to fight my way back to Arena 4, took over 2 hours. Basically kept winning 1, losing 2, or getting a draw for a while. Only wanted to get back up because I had a bunch of chest to open ;_;

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Supercell’s Clash Royale on pace for $1B year after $110M debut last month
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/14/s...pace-for-1b-year-after-110m-debut-last-month/

The mobile publisher earned $80 million from it’s newly released head-to-head strategy battler Clash Royale last month, according to industry-tracking firm NewZoo. That figure does not include the 30 percent that Supercell gave to Apple and Google, which would put the game’s total monthly revenues closer to $110 million. Clash Royale is an online multiplayer game where two people send out units from their deck to attack each other’s defensive towers. It is fast-paced with a strong layer of tactics, and it is already on pace to bring in more than $1 billion annually — although that isn’t guaranteed. That’s something that only a handful of mobile apps have ever done. Gaming on smartphones and tablets already generates $34.8 billion in spending every year, but Clash Royale could bump that number up a few notches.

Alur

Only wanted to get back up because I had a bunch of chest to open ;_;

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, the chests you already have are already set in whatever arena you received them in. It says their arena below the chest, or if you click on the chest. Once you get an Arena 6 chest, for example, it'll stay Arena 6 even if you drop to 5.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Dragon counters bomb tower pretty well. Of course opponent can place musketeer behind bomb tower to counter your dragon, but then you know they're empty, and you can place PEKKA or whatever on other side of the Arena...and at that point you're just playing the game :)

Almost at breaking point with this game. Stuck at 1100-1250. If I vs a level 6 as a level 6 I usually win. If I get a level 7 I lose everytime and usually get 4 or 5 of them in a row. Super frustrating.

ta155

Dropped from 1200ish to just under 900 in the past week or so. Really frustrating and lost form for no obvious reason... I'm now tampering with my deck but I can't decide whether that's a good idea or not!

broz0rs

If you get a player to waste his arrows, Minion horde and Freeze spell combo works wonders. Tower just melts like butter.

JoeNut

Almost at breaking point with this game. Stuck at 1100-1250. If I vs a level 6 as a level 6 I usually win. If I get a level 7 I lose everytime and usually get 4 or 5 of them in a row. Super frustrating.

you just have to keep going until you can level up a card, then you'll tip over into winning more of them.

I've just gone from level 7 to level 8 barbs and it's made a noticeable difference

J0dy77

Bomb tower is pretty bad but if that's all you have then roll with it. It's one of the least popular cards being used.

The lifespan may need to be nerfed but it's not really a popular card.

What arena level are you? That might be why you're not seeing it. There is zero hard counter to this card right now and is a problem in the game that needs nerfing. It counters everything you see at arena 6 and 7.

Dragon counters bomb tower pretty well. Of course opponent can place musketeer behind bomb tower to counter your dragon, but then you know they're empty, and you can place PEKKA or whatever on other side of the Arena...and at that point you're just playing the game :)

You would think it does but it doesn't. Towers are always placed so that the dragon is eating arrows from both towers so you have to send in another card to distract. Plus the towers have to many hp and the dragon doesn't do enough damage on his own.

If I drop a musketeer to counter the dragon he gets melted. Now I have a full life musketeer and can have a dragon of my own tanking in front of him as a counter while sending a hog in the other lane.

The deck I posted last page that got me over 2000 was under leveled and I'm only level 7. Hogs and Bomb towers are broken, just use them until they're nerfed.

JoeNut

So all the top players seem to use elixer collectors, anyone got any tips on how to make them worthwhile? every time i play someone who uses them, i win.

hollomat

Banned
The lifespan may need to be nerfed but it's not really a popular card.

What arena are you in? I'm arena 7 and I'd say 60-70% of the decks I face have bomb tower.

So all the top players seem to use elixer collectors, anyone got any tips on how to make them worthwhile? every time i play someone who uses them, i win.

I use an elixir collector and can't see myself making any decks without it. I place it in front of the kings tower and between and my two towers. This way a rocket/fireball only hits it and not the other towers. It attracts hog rider/balloon/golem and keeps them away from my tower. All other units take it out first before my tower which also helps.

I usually wait until the opponent has used up all their elixir then hit them with a big counterattack that is enhanced by the elixir tower. Or I wait until a critical defense card of theirs (bomb/inferno tower) has been destroyed and do an assault.

JoeNut

Hmm ok, whats it best played with though, like a zerg deck or something? i use hog + freeze, not sure what it could replace

Karu

I want to join a clan but when I searched neogaf I saw these results. Which one should I join? And most of them are full already
GAF has still 2 spots open. You just have to mention you're from GAF (and who) in your request and you get accepted.

JoeNut

I'm clearing out Neogaf Elite tomorrow, so there'll be spots open then.

Btw i just used elixer collector and got my first 3 crown win in ages

hollomat

Banned
Hmm ok, whats it best played with though, like a zerg deck or something? i use hog + freeze, not sure what it could replace

Yeah I'm not sure it would work in that deck. I use

Baby dragon
Giant
Barbarians
Goblins
Goblin spears
Elixir collector
Minions
Arrows

I wait til I know they've already used counters to my deck (bomb tower/arrows/inferno tower) or are very low on elixir then do a push with giant and put the small units behind him.

Elixir collector helps quickly gain elixir for arrows or to drop barbs for defense.

hollomat

Banned
I want to join a clan but when I searched neogaf I saw these results. Which one should I join? And most of them are full already

There's toe spots open in GAF. I forget the clan code but the trophy count is around 19300. Just say you're from GAF in the message

That's a shame mate ! I'll remove you from clan but welcome back anytime if you change your mind haha

Sorry. Was an overreaction from my part.

I think I'm going to limit myself to only play 2 matches in a row, no matter if I lose or win.
That way I don't get tipsy if I got on more than 10 fucking losing streak.

JoeNut

Yeah I'm not sure it would work in that deck. I use

Baby dragon
Giant
Barbarians
Goblins
Goblin spears
Elixir collector
Minions
Arrows

I wait til I know they've already used counters to my deck (bomb tower/arrows/inferno tower) or are very low on elixir then do a push with giant and put the small units behind him.

Elixir collector helps quickly gain elixir for arrows or to drop barbs for defense.
Ok so my deck is, spear goblins, hog, freeze, zap, bomb tower, baby dragon, elixer collector, and i've just had 3 3 crown wins in a row, massively advantageous.
Sorry. Was an overreaction from my part.

I think I'm going to limit myself to only play 2 matches in a row, no matter if I lose or win.
That way I don't get tipsy if I got on more than 10 fucking losing streak.
at the way it's looking there'll be roughly 6 spots open tomorrow mate

hollomat

Banned
Ok so my deck is, spear goblins, hog, freeze, zap, bomb tower, baby dragon, elixer collector, and i've just had 3 3 crown wins in a row, massively advantageous.

Yeah it makes a huge difference having that elixir advantage.
If you get to the point where you have 2 elixir collectors on the field it's basically game over.

Agent

Elixir Collector is quite good. I find that if I don't get Elixir Collector in the opening card roll or within the first 2-3 I tend to be screwed with the deck setup I have. I have a 4.1 average which is a tad high so the collector is very helpful.

For reference my deck is:
PEKKA
Hog Rider
Ice Wizard
Princess
Skeleton Army
Freeze
Arrows
Elixir Collector

It's carried me to 2766 trophies so far. Once I can get things rolling it's usually game over.

JoeNut

Right ive cleared out 4 guys who were on zero donations and their trophies were the same as on monday. i've closed our clan so just send a request and i'll let you in, no trophy requirement, just donate

Par Score

neogaf (all lowercase) is legit, as long as you include your GAF name, and we usually have a few slots because we regularly clear out non-donators.

Top Bottom