• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh man the Royal Giant is SO GOOD! Glad I upgraded him in prep for this update. Throw a dragon in front of him and he can take out 30-40% of a tower easily. I don't think people know how buffed he is now with the range so they don't really pay attention to him, haha.

edit: why do people keep playing the giant PEKKA? I can beat her with 1 elixir skeletons everytime. At least provide some support for her.

spyder_ur

Sounds like I need to use the Royal Giant.

My stock deck for awhile (that has taken me to the top of the Neogaf Elite clan) has been Spear Goblins, Bomb Skeleton, Minion Horde, Poison, Arrows, Bomb Tower, Hog Rider and Balloon. General strategy is to use Bomb Tower and Skeleton to block lanes, wait for an opportunity to rush with both balloon and hog. You'd be surprised how often that works, especially if I can suppress lesser units with arrows or poison. Thinking of switching to Royal Giant instead of skeleton, and perhaps losing minion horde in favor of regular minions since the group gets taken out so easily by arrows (which is in most decks) or a variety of other stuff.

I hate, hate, hate playing against decks with 3 or more defensive tower cards. Almost always end in draws.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
One open spot in Neogaf clan (the one ending in 9PQ). Please post here to help us validate GAF membership. Request and we will get you approved quickly. Remy's main rules are 1.donate and request and 2.No drama allowed.

totowhoa

Banned
The new updates today are fantastic across the board. Somebody just shared a replay of a battle with a dude who had the 3 new legendary cards (two were level 2 already lol). They look really interesting.

Not a fan of the Fire Spirits now though

wonderpug

Neo Member
Bomb tower nerf seems really good. It doesn't feel like it's been made useless, but it seems a lot more in line with other towers now.

spyder_ur

Bomb tower nerf seems really good. It doesn't feel like it's been made useless, but it seems a lot more in line with other towers now.

Yeah it's a good change. I've used it forever and it's definitely not useless now; still the best defense against Hog Riders or Barbs I think. You used to poison it and it felt like it would still last 30 seconds. You'd have to dedicate multiple cards to beat it, but now it feels balanced.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to use the fire spirits for. Arrows work well against hordes. I don't run hut decks really so it wouldn't fit there.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah it's a good change. I've used it forever and it's definitely not useless now; still the best defense against Hog Riders or Barbs I think. You used to poison it and it felt like it would still last 30 seconds. You'd have to dedicate multiple cards to beat it, but now it feels balanced.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to use the fire spirits for. Arrows work well against hordes. I don't run hut decks really so it wouldn't fit there.

Maybe taking out balloons or hogs? Not sure. Might switch out my small minions for it once its upgraded enough.

hollomat

Banned
I've actually swapped giant out for Royal giant in my new deck and I'm having success with him. He can take out bomb towers/inferno towers without them being able to attack him. These two would also destroy my giants.

I'm 2/2 so far with him, but we will see how it goes.

Updated the game, but every time I open the app, it gets to 50% and says it's updating, but it never does. On Android.

Edit: And now it finally works. Lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
First glance is that fire spirits are a bust, yeah. They serve the same function as arrows, but worse. The furnace might be interesting, though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Saving 1 elixir is good, but not sure they are worth using if that's the only benefit. I'm sure people will find good ways to use them though. Every card is useful in some way.

spyder_ur

Saving 1 elixir is good, but not sure they are worth using if that's the only benefit. I'm sure people will find good ways to use them though. Every card is useful in some way.

Yeah, and arrows are so steady and versatile, I can't really see the need to replace them. I was kind of hoping they would tweak the radius of arrows a bit in this update, they basically require no timing or placement at all.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I got 11 gold for a 3 crown win in arena 4.

Earlier I got 11 gold as well for a 1 crown win.

:/

Yeah they're doing a very poor job encouraging players to go for 3 crown wins. You don't get extra gold, or trophies, and it doesn't increase your chances at getting a better chest.

Encourages turtle decks imo.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yeah, what's up with no real bonus for getting all three crowns? That seems like it would make it not as much of a goal at that point.

ElyrionX

Arenas below 7 on TV Royale seem to be mainly 3-3 draws. I guess the battles themselves aren't exciting enough so the algorithm picks games with odd results.

I don't think they actually have some sophisticated algorithm in place to pick games. It's probably just the highest scoring games they can find that gets picked out for TV which explains all the 3-3s.

mercviper

I don't think they actually have some sophisticated algorithm in place to pick games. It's probably just the highest scoring games they can find that gets picked out for TV which explains all the 3-3s.

It's only as sophisticated as their matchmaking algorithm

spyder_ur

Why did I (
Scott
) get kicked out of neogaf elite clan? I think I was an elder/mod even? Did something mess up on my game?

I requested to rejoin if Joe or anyone else sees this.

coy

Why did I (
Scott
) get kicked out of neogaf elite clan? I think I was an elder/mod even? Did something mess up on my game?

I requested to rejoin if Joe or anyone else sees this.
Sup spyder! I'm in another GAF clan, but I still see you in the Elite one as the #2 name though clicking on your profile states you are not actually in any clan.

Something similar happened to me a month ago. I have no idea what happened, but I wasn't actually kicked out even though I had no associated clan nor could I read clan chat. It went away after a few minutes and a few restarts. It could be like that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm in arena 4 and I'm fighting people with leveled up arena 6 cards. This game is actual horseshit. If that isn't bad enough my opponents are still consistently a higher level than me and my cards aren't as leveled so I have to work extra hard to bring down their towers.

jengo

I'm in arena 4 and I'm fighting people with leveled up arena 6 cards. This game is actual horseshit. If that isn't bad enough my opponents are still consistently a higher level than me and my cards aren't as leveled so I have to work extra hard to bring down their towers.

Make yourself at home, Arena 4 is where the game begins and ends.

zoukka

I'm sorry to say that this will continue all the way to Arena 8.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
What do you think of my deck ? Currently kinda stuck in low Arena 5.
SJLB8O6.jpg

Top Bottom