• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[CLICKBAIT] Ubisoft CEO blames gamers for poor sales of Star Wars

>solid quality

nana changing GIF

Soodanim

"Ubisoft blames cuatomers for low sales. 'If they had just bought it our sales would have gone up, but they didn't.'"

Wasn't it Ubi devs wondering why they bothered with all the UI clutter when Elden Ring came along? There have been signs about their design choices for years, but a lack of willingness to adapt and make improvements. Failure is inevitable when you're like that.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Of all the peoples to blame… what a strategy

Disney is a bigger culprit to have run the franchise’s perceptions to the fucking ground in such a short span

Your team making the character based on an activist and then uglyfied. To make yet again a boring open world game when other companies have shown that open world can be good (Elden Ring + Zelda). Filled with bugs. Dumb AI. Stupid game mechanics like losing gun just by climbing a ladder. Etc

But damn you gamers

the simpsons adult GIF

Last edited:

HoodWinked

i saw this earlier and i don't really agree with how it's being head-lined.

Yves Guillemot saying gamers have extraordinary expectations and that 'solid' games aren't enough, is to me not him whining but a call to action. He's admitting to shareholders that their games are only 'solid' (which means they're actually bad since a CEO has to overstate their products to the public). Thus they will need to work harder and release better games.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ah yes, these morons now are trying to redefine "solid quality" for gamers, after they are too incompetent delivering anything good. How convenient for them.

Does he even wonder why the EA Star Wars games score and sell a lot better? Or is he so ignorant that his brain doesn't even go that far?

Jedi Fallen Order sold 8 million copies in the first 3 months.

I forgot who here said it, but that member said that the video game industry is probably the one industry where you have executives and developers insult their customers a lot. I won't say it's a regular occurrence, but I do think many of them should shut up, it's just a really bad look and unprofessional. There are plenty of games out there that are hits, maybe try learning what works and what doesn't and go back to the drawing board.

Radical_3d

It seems being retarded is a requirement for gaming executives!
The money is there to grab. They are just too stubborn about what modern gaming should be to get it. Idk why Ubisoft games didn’t tank day one but the thing is that you can’t keep a formula forever. Happened with all the formulas in the past and the signs of boredom in the market are there to read. But correcting course is slow in big companies. The question is, will Ubisoft survive the course correcting losses?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I forgot who here said it, but that member said that the video game industry is probably the one industry where you have executives and developers insult their customers a lot. I won't say it's a regular occurrence, but I do think many of them should shut up, it's just a really bad look and unprofessional. There are plenty of games out there that are hits, maybe try learning what works and what doesn't and go back to the drawing board.

Social media is ruining us as humans. We don't know how to act anymore.

FeralEcho

It's the entertainment industry in general,it happens regularly in the movie industry as well and it's just as cringe and embarassing. How these executives get in those high positions in the first place is perplexing to me,when at first sign of something not going their way they act like second rate twitter warriors. It's pathetic.

Mokus

Does he even wonder why the EA Star Wars games score and sell a lot better? Or is he so ignorant that his brain doesn't even go that far?

Jedi Fallen Order sold 8 million copies in the first 3 months.
Not to mention, EA's Star Wars needed a good amount of patching. It's not like gamers are unreasonable with the quality of the games but delivering something desirable and overall decent enough will still sell very well.

PeteBull

The money is there to grab. They are just too stubborn about what modern gaming should be to get it. Idk why Ubisoft games didn’t tank day one but the thing is that you can’t keep a formula forever. Happened with all the formulas in the past and the signs of boredom in the market are there to read. But correcting course is slow in big companies. The question is, will Ubisoft survive the course correcting losses?
Unlikely, the amount of incompetence here is skyhigh, even entry lvl foodchain worker would be fired after making so many crucial mistakes over and over again, yet this rich fuck can spout shit and keep his super high paying job no probs- sooner or later reality gonna hit his old ass and it wont be pretty :messenger_sunglasses:

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Boss Mog

They hire activists who make design decisions based on DEI rather than what gamers actually want and then they double down by saying stuff like "This game was not made for you" or "Don't like it, don't buy it" and then they act all surprised and indignant when it doesn't sell.

Last edited:

Power Pro

These gaming CEOs have GOT TO BE FIRED!!!!! What's happening in the gaming business world? It's feeling like gaming media and the gaming executives hate their consumers and listeners these days.
Yeah, it's really ridiculous how businesses in general treat the customer these days. We are like a barrier between them and our wallets, and they resent us for it. Rather than earning the customer's money, they expect it. Rather than providing something that people want, they keep providing what they think we should have instead. When people don't want the crap they're offering, it's our fault I guess.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Unicorn-Overlord-Sales_09-23-24.jpg

New IP, very niche genre, no PC release and came out same month as FFVII Rebirth and yet they still managed sale well.

Meanwhile Ubisoft using one of the most popular IP in the world with mass appeal gameplay style with massive budget for marketing…..Im sorry Ubisoft you have no one but yourself to blame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom