• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk Walks Out of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojan X

Banned
Not anymore, he's with AJ now.

be8c7584a05a2861ecd4bd635125bc70_1024.gif

This is after Maria and Beth Phoenix too.

CM Punk with AJ? That lucky SoB! Damn.

You cant keep propping up Mania on part timers. They have been doing it for nearly six years now without creating new stars, something Nice ia frustrated by. But the crowd has chosen its new star and Vince will not have it. Vince is acting like a gaffer when it comes to girls. "GAF, a girl keeps sitting on my lap, asking me what I am doing this weekend and asking me if I have a girlfriend. What do I do?"

I barely watch it but that sucks.

WWE has a real problem at the moment with how there is a lack of genuinely big recent 'stars' - thus the continued efforts to bring back older guys.

Punk was one of those recent stars, and someone who was as up there now as any other big wrestler in the attitude era. That's rare these days.

Jamie OD

Keep an eye out at any Blackhawks home games. You'll be certain to find Punk there for the next few months. Maybe even Cubs home games too during the summer.

UberTag

You cant keep propping up Mania on part timers. They have been doing it for nearly six years now without creating new stars, something Nice is frustrated by. But the crowd has chosen its new star and Vince will not have it.
They have a serious issue on what to do with the Randy Orton vs. Batista match. It's going to get destroyed by the crowd unless Bryan is involved as well. And if he's involved, he has to win.

It's the only title match of any consequence because they unified the titles. It effectively HAS to main event WrestleMania XXX. But where the hell do you slot it? Do you have it after Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H? Do you have it after John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt? Do you have it after Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar? It can't go anywhere and not get completely massacred. They've effectively booked themselves into a corner.

Trojan X

Banned
now they can bring back Sting, right?

Sting is heavily rumoured to come back and be promo'd to heck straight after Wrestlemania 30.

Too many crazy crime lately. The fact that AJ Styles is gone from TNA made me further depressed about the program. The fact Batista won the Royal Rumble in WWE left a major bitter taste in my mouth. The on-going insanity of WWE creatives not listening to their fans and pushing absolutely bogus storylines and dismissing all the good wrestlers they have in their roster. There are so many problems with the companies it's unreal.

Holy shit I never even thought about Lesnar vs Taker

how does ANYONE care about that

Part timer vs part timer, hell do you even see either of then again afterwards?

iMax

They have a serious issue on what to do with the Randy Orton vs. Batista match. It's going to get destroyed by the crowd unless Bryan is involved as well. And if he's involved, he has to win.

It's the only title match of any consequence because they unified the titles. It effectively HAS to main event WrestleMania XXX. But where the hell do you slot it? Do you have it after Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H? Do you have it after John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt? Do you have it after Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar? It can't go anywhere and not get completely massacred. They've effectively booked themselves into a corner.

They fix it by having Bryan win the EC, main-eventing against Batista at Mania, along with Bray vs Reigns, Cena vs Taker, and Triple H vs Orton.

sajj316

I agree with his stance. Pushing part timers for short term profits/goals. You really think pushing Batista is going to get people to buy the network? Looks who going to be in the main events for Wrestlemania. Batista, Lesnar, Taker, and Mr. Hs.

Jamie OD

I'm convinced Orton Vs Batista was never going to close the show in the first place and Taker Vs Lesnar was because Taker has become the Mania guy now.

Hasney

Holy shit I never even thought about Lesnar vs Taker

how does ANYONE care about that

Part timer vs part timer, hell do you even see either of then again afterwards?

It'd be Brock Lesnar Vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania... I don't care if we never saw them again, that'd be huge and has the potential to be a great match. With guys of that magnitude, why would it matter what their schedules are like?

I'm convinced Orton Vs Batista was never going to close the show in the first place and Taker Vs Lesnar was because Taker has become the Mania guy now.

I mention this in the irc during the Rumble, but what they should of done is had it be Bray vs Taker let Bray take the win break the streak and become the new weird creepy guy for the WWE like Taker was growing up for us.

Bray is clearly one of the better guys atm IMO and honestly Taker is barley walking at this point he isnt going to make it to next year. Hell this year will just be a MMA spot fest between him and Lesnar anyways.

I bet I could plan out the match for them and it would be at least 75% of what we see int he ring I bet any of us could do it.

I agree with his stance. Pushing part timers for short term profits/goals. You really think pushing Batista is going to get people to buy the network? Looks who going to be in the main events for Wrestlemania. Batista, Lesnar, Taker, and Mr. Hs.

Sounds like the network might also be a problem for Punk. He stated that the WWE had yet to comment on what will happen to PPV bonuses once the network starts and full price PPV buyrates plummet. Sounds like the wrestlers might get fucked

he reminds me of the ultimate warrior... he will be back when Vince offers him a better contract/more money

ehh maybe, seems like his biggest issue is time off and no one is ever going to get that unless you get injured and even then you are expected back asap.

And if he goes back he will be stuck in the mid card I bet and he doesnt want that and he shouldn't settle for it.

he reminds me of the ultimate warrior... he will be back when Vince offers him a better contract/more money

He doesn't need money, also I'm pretty sure he said he didn't want to be one of those guys hanging around until his 40's.

Better to leave now anyway, he was looking jaded.

Hopefully he comes back at some point in the future, during a Wrestlemania and does a program with Daniel Bryan which would easily be a main event draw, otherwise there's very little else for him to do in the company.

sajj316

Sounds like the network might also be a problem for Punk. He stated that the WWE had yet to comment on what will happen to PPV bonuses once the network starts and full price PPV buyrates plummet. Sounds like the wrestlers might get fucked

Yup, that too. There's the professional reason and then a business reason. Have to take a stand .. I guess.

Already seen Lesnar beat by Triple H twice and John Cena once. Don't see any appeal of him being matched up with Taker.

If they didn't bury Ryback that would of been a decent end game.

Well we dont know because we dont actually know the cut the cable companies get from PPV's

belushy

Banned
I remember that I hadn't watched RAW, or wrestling in general, for maybe a year and half and I randomly was flipping through channels when I came across RAW and I decided to watch it and then that night he had that Pipe Bomb promo. Instantly made me start watching again. Can't remember when I stopped watching, but I think I got bored of wrestling again after a few months.

Still, Punk was one of my favorites for a time, and is definitely still up there. I hope he gets the rest he needs. He deserves it.

Just realized more then anything I hope this doesnt mean Punk is out of WWE2k15 I dont want to deal with shit CAW's for my next gen Punk

Hasney

Just realized more then anything I hope this doesnt mean Punk is out of WWE2k15 I dont want to deal with shit CAW's for my next gen Punk

Cut off is usually just after WM so he might not be in it. Even if 2K want him in, WWE may request him gone like they have done for departed talent in the past.

Ripclawe

Banned
He will be back part time after some rest and some adjustments to his contract regarding the WWE network and merchandise.

But if we get a Cesaro push out of it, then I am good with this scenario.

Hasney

He will be back part time after some rest and some adjustments to his contract regarding the WWE network and merchandise.

But if we get a Cesaro push out of it, then I am good with this scenario.

And a
Christian
one. That Elimintion Chamber is looking so good after Smackdowns spoilers.

Uh, I think he's just injured. If you watch when he gets eliminated from the Rumble, he's talking with the refs a lot and not getting up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh god please don't be true. Punk is the reason I started watching again. I think if he goes I go, especially considering how WWE seems to have fucked pretty much everything up lately. If Punk is gone, short of giving Bryan the title run he deserves I don't think there's a lot they can do to keep me.

Soup Bar

Wow this fucking blows. I hope he comes back in some form, even it's back at ROH, but this shit sucks. They didn't use him right at all after he came back for Payback. Summerslam might be the exception.

Hasney

I think they're going to throw money at him to come back after EC do WM then let him out of his contract early. The timing just before the Network launching is terrible for them as between this and the Rumble crowd, it looks like a sinking ship.

Give him his payday and the match he wants, then let him go once people have bought Mania via the Network.

And a
Christian
one. That Elimintion Chamber is looking so good after Smackdowns spoilers.
Dont get your hopes up. The Chosen One Drew McIntyre had a match you build a style and character around in the EC a few years back and they never sid anything him. Such a great talent.

I think they're going to throw money at him to come back after EC do WM then let him out of his contract early. The timing just before the Network launching is terrible for them as between this and the Rumble crowd, it looks like a sinking ship.

Give him his payday and the match he wants, then let him go once people have bought Mania via the Network.

now Im thinking of the MNW promo they air where Punk mentions the Taser incident and says its not a good idea.

Now Im thinking in 10 years some new guy doing this about letting Punk walk.

Cronox

Banned
I don't really follow wrestling, but CM Punk's interview on Marc Maron's podcast WTF was interesting and the guy has quite a background and love of the sport/art/whatever of wrestling. Hope things work out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom