• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Green Party files for Wisconsin recount, audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
You do know that Jill and Hillary are two different people, right?

Clinton's team is getting in on the recounts. It also says something about Hillary's supporters who didn't let it go, and are therefore, according to her words, a threat to our democracy.

Jill Stein has no credibility to lose by requesting a recount and she has zero chance of winning the election with a recount. But if Hillary wins the recount maybe Jill Stein gets a sweet spot on Hillary's cabinet... And Hillary doesn't look like a fool if the recount comes up empty.

It's pretty much win-win for all parties involved.

I'd say at the worst it's 50/50 Hillary is pulling the strings.

If hillary wins....it means those 7 million will be refunded to jill.

Jill/her party wins 7 million usd

I'm going to throw my hat into the conspiracy theory ring: Hillary is most definitely behind this.
Man, if only someone could leak her emails saying she's behind this. As well as the DNC.

Clinton's team is getting in on the recounts. It also says something about Hillary's supporters who didn't let it go, and are therefore, according to her words, a threat to our democracy.
They're getting in on it because the recounts are happening and will affect her campaign either way. What is wrong with you?

RedHill

Banned
A. Clinton's team is not Clinton.

B. Clinton's supporters are not Clinton.

And C. That tweet was about Trump not conceding. Hillary conceded. A recount isn't the same thing.

RedHill

Banned
What about asking for a recount is a threat to our democracy? Being sure threatens what? Because I keep saying that statement thrown around with zero substance.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
How long will a recount take anyways? I just read they are starting it this coming week if everything gets squared away. When do the results come out.

If we are going to conspiracy town, I'd say it's the Russians. What better way to destabilize a country than to rig an election for one puppet to win, then have your other puppet provide evidence that the election was rigged. It would be total chaos, the Trump supporters would never accept the presidency being taken from him now.

If we are going to conspiracy town, I'd say it's the Russians. What better way to destabilize a country than to rig an election for one puppet to win, then have your other puppet provide evidence that the election was rigged. It would be total chaos, the Trump supporters would never accept the presidency being taken from him now.

I feel like there's a suicide in your future, comrade.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Man, listen, your political posts are almost as shitty as your Street Fighter posts. Almost.

Calamari41

41 > 38

If the Russians have that much undetectable control over our system, then we might as well just surrender now.

FyreWulff

in an observational role, as they did for the original election, along with trump's campaign, and any international observers

MaulerX

Why do people keep saying this? What a nonsensical thing to say. We know it doesn't because of the EC but it's stop a fact that more Americans wanted Hillary.

Actually more Americans voted against her than those that voted for her. She was a plurality winner, not a majority winner.

Man, listen, your political posts are almost as shitty as your Street Fighter posts. Almost.
ClockedT tbh.

I can't believe HRC is getting the blame for this too. Omg.

Hillary created Trump. Hillary got Trump elected. Hillary is now trying to get herself elected instead.

Is there anything she can't do???

RedHill

Banned
Actually more Americans voted against her than those that voted for her. She was a plurality winner, not a majority winner.
With that logic more Americans voted against than for any candidate... What are you even saying? More Americans voted for her than they did the other candidates individually. If you want to reach and add Trump, Jill, and Gary's together sure but that isn't how an election would work on any reality.

qcf x2

A recount =/= not conceding

This is basically the electoral equivalent of instant replay.

Of course it = not conceding, it's impossible to concede + demand a recount, because demanding a recount is not something that somebody who presently accepts the results would do. "Instant replay" a month later, after a concession speech/call, after the President-elect has been briefed on data that carries the highest classification, after key staff members have already been chosen to replace the outgoing ones, etc. Yeah, sure, that's comparable. LOL.

This is all a Jill Stein game and MILLIONS of people are proving how easily manipulable they are. 7 days ago: Who is Jill Stein? Now: Jill Stein is a true champion of the people, a heroic figure who rescues the Hillary supporters from certain doom. She's getting advertisement/exposure like she literally never would have otherwise AND she is going to profit off of it, all thanks to some really silly people.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
As they should.

Lol at Conway trying to attach Clinton to this.

Why is anybody surprised by this? I've been saying for the past few pages that this strengthens Trump's rhetoric. People saying this is "trolling" Trump are misguided. He absolutely has fuel and so do his supporters now to rub this in their faces and that's exactly what he does.

This is why the aduit is important, even if it doesn't change one of the results. From one of the cybersecurity experts

https://medium.com/@jhalderm/want-t...d-look-at-the-ballots-c61a6113b0ba#.pv5qngde4

No this has been debunked over and over as well.

I can't understand from your guys' responses: is this legitimate or is something else going on?
It is very unlikely to change anything but fragile trump supporters are crying that someone dares question the legitimacy of the election (something that Donald himself did on many occasions) and are trying to blame Hillary for it as usual.

Probably best to just move on tbh.

Of course it = not conceding, it's impossible to concede + demand a recount, because demanding a recount is not something that somebody who presently accepts the results would do.

Hillary conceded and didn't demand a recount. These evident facts invalidate the rest of your post.

MaulerX

With that logic more Americans voted against than for any candidate... What are you even saying? More Americans voted for her than they did the other candidates individually. If you want to reach and add Trump, Jill, and Gary's together sure but that isn't how an election would work on any reality.

Is it not a fact that she was a plurality winner? It's obvious that applies to everyone but to say that she should be the President because more Americans voted for her is disingenuous at Best when we all know/knew the EC rules.

Theonik

salary as president for four years of excruciating 24/7 work = $400K*4=$1.6M

half of the recount 'lawyer fees' & 'election integrity efforts' for a few days' of gofundme donations = $3M

not even including the income from a few months of campaigning.

i know which I would pick.
To be honest, the money the president gets is pittance and anyone going for office would be paid at least 3x more in private jobs in the same level. Running for office is a public service and the kind of person who is running for it should have the desire to push policy, where this exchange doesn't apply. (you are not running for the money so you can't be bought to take the fall)

So is Trump's team. Everyone with a stake in the election gets involved to ensure no shenanigans happen. Also Trump's campaign is looking to do recounts in NV and AZ as a response.

If the Russians have that much undetectable control over our system, then we might as well just surrender now.
Well... People really need to understand the risks of electronic voting though, state espionage is no small thing.

FyreWulff

Wisconsins margin was pretty small, I don't think it it's that big of a deal. Recounts almost always change numbers, which in itself seems odd to me.

it's just the nature of human counting and accumulating errors. That's why it's always good to have laws on the books that automatically trigger a recount if the margin is within a certain % of error.

RedHill

Banned
Is it not a fact that she was a plurality winner? It's obvious that applies to everyone but to say that she should be the President because more Americans voted for her is disingenuous at Best when we all know/knew the EC rules.
Saying that she didn't receive the majority of the vote by combining votes for all other candidates is delusional at best.

Glass Joe

I dunno... Didn't Trump simply say back then that if the results seemed odd to him, he'd have to see if he'd dispute it? And he got tore up by the press and Democrats for saying that. "A threat to our democracy!" said Hillary. At least he was honest about it.

Hillary conceded, and now this is happening and GAF is happy about it?

I dunno... Didn't Trump simply say back then that if the results seemed odd to him, he'd have to see if he'd dispute it? And he got tore up by the press and Democrats for saying that. "A threat to our democracy!" said Hillary. At least he was honest about it.

Hillary didn't file this recount and idk which GAF you're seeing because most of it is people saying that nothing will change.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Clinton was honest as well...not sure what you are saying here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom