• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

Jrmint

Alienshogun said:
Sweet, level 10 clan (360). Now we just need a clan tag and that shit will be gold.

Get jelly.
Awesome, can't wait to jump in.

I was just looking at the unlocks list, and each 10 levels our clan gets we get an additional 2 hours of double xp. So at level 20 we get 4 hours of double, level 30 6 hours, etc.

I assume those backgrounds and emblem packs or whatever haven't come out yet?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jrmint said:
Awesome, can't wait to jump in.

I was just looking at the unlocks list, and each 10 levels our clan gets we get an additional 2 hours of double xp. So at level 20 we get 4 hours of double, level 30 6 hours, etc.

I assume those backgrounds and emblem packs or whatever haven't come out yet?

They are emblems and backgrounds for the clan page.

aristotle

w00tman said:
Apologies, posted in the other thread

Please add me for the PS3 network:

PSN: w00tmanUK

Added to the list. Check the elite website for your invite.

BaltimoreLarry said:
I finally got onto the ELITE website, but no invite. PS3 please.

Resent your invite. Hope it works this time. :)

aristotle

BaltimoreLarry said:
Got it, in there. So do I get a tag or something, or do I just add that myself. "GAF" I'm assuming.

You can add GAF as your tag. It's not mandatory. Once we level up the clan a bit more, there will be an extra option to use our own clan tag and clan titles. Since you've been able to join, you should see those options in the barracks now.

DRE Fei

aristotle said:
You can add GAF as your tag. It's not mandatory. Once we level up the clan a bit more, there will be an extra option to use our own clan tag and clan titles. Since you've been able to join, you should see those options in the barracks now.
Sweet. I was able to join. Double xp here I come! Can't wait to play with you guys. Are there many people on the west coast in this?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
iRobotZombie said:
Sweet! Gonna rock with GAF then in my clan tag. Until we get a proper decision

I like nGAF though, looks good.

Yeah, Xtortionist has been away, I'm sure he will get to it as soon as he gets back. I rocked nGAF in Blackops and I'm rocking NGAF now. I'm cool with whatever.

I'm going with "GAF", if that's alright. Primarily because we refer to each other as "gaffers" and NeoGAF is commonly abbreviated as just "GAF". Looks a bit cleaner too, imo.

Clan tag is up. Working on more invites.

edit - invite screen is fucked...not displaying my friends list. On the other hand, all invites that seemingly error'd last night appear to have been sent, so get on accepting them. I'll try for more invites later. Hopefully it's just a traffic problem.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Xtortionist said:
I'm going with "GAF", if that's alright. Primarily because we refer to each other as "gaffers" and NeoGAF is commonly abbreviated as just "GAF". Looks a bit cleaner too, imo.

Clan tag is up. Working on more invites.

That's fine with me. I gives a fuck, i just love GOOOOOOOOOOLD.....

Thanks bud!

Edit: Yep it's working.

Kaspanova

Neo Member
Alright, i'm down for whatever. I must say the writing on the in-game clan title is very clever!

Tried the clan tag in game and it comes up blank.

Edit: I see it now on the website. Got it in game! Shiny XD

X-Frame

The Xtortionist said:
Go into your callofduty.com account settings and click "enter Call of Duty Elite" on the upper right.

I've been trying all week -- and each time I've gotten the Throttled webpage.

As long as I still have a spot in the clan by the time this stupid thing opens up I'll be fine.

Xux

MarkMclovin said:
No, joining clans is available for free. You just have to be invited. Premium members do get more benefits as the clan levels up, though.

X-Frame

Wow, I actually connected this morning to Elite!

Figures it's when I need to go to work so I won't be able to play with it until tonight when I'll probably be throttled again.

I didn't see anywhere to make an Elite user name or anything -- it's just showing as my XBL GT, so I assume they're both the same automatically?

If so, Xtornist I guess I should be all ready to accept invites. I still need the regular XBL friend invite first IIRC.

Nice!

I'm in. Thanks, X. Bringing my pitiful k/d along for the ride.

I am good at objective based games though. Domination, etc.

There is a scary amount of information under Career. It's all there in my career's horrible glory.

def sim

Finally managed to get Elite to work by going through the clan links. Yay. Anyway, I want to join the 360 clan. Gamertag is default rance.

Scarecrow

Making an attempt to join the 360 clan. Sent a friend request to MW3 NeoGAF as well as the tag on the CoD site.
Mr Scarecrow/Mr Scarecrow

Radec

ELITE Status Dashboard
We’re honored with your ELITE demand as we’re experiencing peak traffic at this time. Please check back at a different time of day for a greater chance of getting back into the fight and follow @callofdutyelite on Twitter for live status updates

wtf..

been seeing this for days now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jesus, at this rate the 360 clan will be level 15 (and have the new title card) before we even get started, haha.

Just two members away from level 14 already.

aristotle

rance said:
Finally managed to get Elite to work by going through the clan links. Yay. Anyway, I want to join the 360 clan. Gamertag is default rance.

Is default rance right? I want to make sure I got it right in the list.

cwmartin said:
I would appreciate an invite to the prestigious GAF 360 clan. :)

Added your name to the list.

The Xtortionist is the one sending out invites. I'm just keeping up with everyone on the list to make it easier for both of us.

LowParry

I also have a friend who wants to join up as well. We usually play a lot so getting in with some GAFers would be great.

His GT is: x KOBAL x

Nori Chan

Aristotle pointed me to this thread cause he's a d-bag
jk dont kill me plz :(

And I sent a pm to Xtorinist already but might as well post it here as well.

GT: xGeneral Ice

aristotle

Noriega said:
Aristotle pointed me to this thread cause he's a d-bag
jk dont kill me plz :(

And I sent a pm to Xtorinist already but might as well post it here as well.

GT: xGeneral Ice

Why I outta!

I'll add you to the list.....maybe.

More of a general question here about the clans. I know there is the capability to have the basic version of Elite without paying. Are those people still able to join clans? I know right now that everybody automatically gets Founder status if they buy Elite or get it via the Hardened edition, but noticed that the clan I'm in doesn't have as much XP as the amount of members would indicate.

th3dude

BigBlue1974 said:
More of a general question here about the clans. I know there is the capability to have the basic version of Elite without paying. Are those people still able to join clans? I know right now that everybody automatically gets Founder status if they buy Elite or get it via the Hardened edition, but noticed that the clan I'm in doesn't have as much XP as the amount of members would indicate.

You can still join clans. The extra clan XP is from Founders who choose to use their 'founder clan bonus' XP on their clan.

Top Bottom