• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

sn1pes said:
You can still join clans. The extra clan XP is from Founders who choose to use their 'founder clan bonus' XP on their clan.
Thanks, it's what I thought was the case, but with the flakiness of the service so far, I thought perhaps it just wasn't giving us credit for everyone that joined.

X-Frame

Well, I'm back home from work and Elite is still working for me (free user).

Just waiting on invites now I guess. *hint hint*

lowemark

wow, elite finally let me link my account.
but no clan invite.
aristotle could you please send it again?
my callofduty.com name is the same as my PSN (lowemark)

aristotle

BackwardsSuggestions said:
Joined the PS3 link in the OP. 2nd in accuracy. YAY.

Sent you an invite just in case ;)

lowemark said:
wow, elite finally let me link my account.
but no clan invite.
aristotle could you please send it again?
my callofduty.com name is the same as my PSN (lowemark)

You bet. Check in about 15 seconds.

Edit: and sent. Hopefully it'll work for you now.

accepted clan invite. It's a shame that there isnt an option to see who in the clan is online. I need to play on a team that isn't just randoms.

aristotle

TestOfTide said:
accepted clan invite. It's a shame that there isnt an option to see who in the clan is online. I need to play on a team that isn't just randoms.

THIS!

I can't believe that haven't coded that in yet. Unless we all send each other invites, you can't find a random clan member online. Hell even Killzone had that :(

From Elite's twitter:

From 3-5 PM PST we'll be conducting maintenance that may make ELITE unavailable to some users. Thanks for your patience.

Xux

TestOfTide said:
Could've sworn it shows on the page after your Facebook friends on the in-game friends list. PSN's down, though, so I can't check. :(

X-Frame

Has anyone seen any other gold tags?

I haven't. I've been the only person with a gold clan tag so far playing within the past couple hours.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
X-Frame said:

I haven't. I've been the only person with a gold clan tag so far playing within the past couple hours.

Nope, and people tend to leave when I join too. I think they may think I modded, which could be a bad thing for my account.

kn1ves24

I haven't seen any other gold clan tags either. sn1pes and I were playing some last night and some of the randoms would make snarky comments about the tag and emblem thing. Haters gonna hate I guess.

I'm going to try and jump on sometime tonight, around 9-9:30 pm EST

Xux

TestOfTide said:
Xux said:
Could've sworn it shows on the page after your Facebook friends on the in-game friends list. PSN's down, though, so I can't check. :(
Yeah, I just checked and it's the last page on the friends list.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Add my name to the 360 list, please. GT is JUDDERMANG. I don't know if I got a clan invite or not b/c the Elite site is always "throttled"

X-Frame

Alienshogun said:
Nope, and people tend to leave when I join too. I think they may think I modded, which could be a bad thing for my account.

Played even a few more hours after that and still no golden tags. I feel special until more people realize how to get it and then everyone will be golden, but oh well.

The Xtortionist said:
You should have one pending.
Lol where/how do I accept it?
Does it show up under notifications in COD elite (because I have none) or somewhere else? I'm probably just blind.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. Thanks for the invite.

X-Frame said:

My clan has had them for a couple days now. Actually just hit the level 20 mark yesterday too though we are all still scratching our heads as to how the bonus double XP works as we haven't seen it show up as of yet for either the level 10 or level 20 mark.

aristotle

BigBlue1974 said:
My clan has had them for a couple days now. Actually just hit the level 20 mark yesterday too though we are all still scratching our heads as to how the bonus double XP works as we haven't seen it show up as of yet for either the level 10 or level 20 mark.

Their twitter has stated that they're still working on that stuff. You would think with a beta and the amount of pre-orders they knew they had, Elite would be up and running by now.

aristotle said:
Their twitter has stated that they're still working on that stuff. You would think with a beta and the amount of pre-orders they knew they had, Elite would be up and running by now.
Yeah even when the site is up and running it's still pretty flaky. Images don't always show up, some of the menus don't work properly such as just the simple ability to logout. I'd be fired if I released such a buggy app!

aristotle

BigBlue1974 said:
Yeah even when the site is up and running it's still pretty flaky. Images don't always show up, some of the menus don't work properly such as just the simple ability to logout. I'd be fired if I released such a buggy app!

No kidding. It's been in beta since summer and they still can't get it to work.

PS3 GAF!:

We will be having our weekly games starting tonight. Friday through Sunday clan meetup games start at 8pm Central. If you would like to join up, send me a message and I'll send you an invite to our chat room and to our games. Hope to see you all online!

I needed to get that out before Neogaf goes down for 15 hours.

aristotle said:
No kidding. It's been in beta since summer and they still can't get it to work.

PS3 GAF!:

We will be having our weekly games starting tonight. Friday through Sunday clan meetup games start at 8pm Central. If you would like to join up, send me a message and I'll send you an invite to our chat room and to our games. Hope to see you all online!

I needed to get that out before Neogaf goes down for 15 hours.

Nice. I will be on around that time.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone unlock this title?

It says I got it via Elite, but I don't know why.

2iuer9j.jpg

Edit: NM I see now, it unlocks in the regular tabs too.

It's the new clan title.

I didn't know we hit level 15, sweet.

rance said:
The updated 360 clan title looks better. Thanks whoever did that.

It's an auto unlock for leveling, at least, I think it is.

So im kind of interested in joining the xbox clan on Elite, what does it involve? (I know in the OP it says you add that gamertag), but im more interested in seeing the clan features on Elite. How does that stuff work?

aristotle

Could I get an invite to PS3 Clan please?

PSN: Adamm

I'll shoot you an invite when I get home in about 2 hours. Elite isn't working where I am at currently.

on that note: Our games last night sucked! I blame the lag. Hopefully tonight will be much better. We'll start up around 8pm central and shoot people invites to our chat and lobbies. Hope to see more of you there tonight!

Flunkie

Banned
Love the clan title and gold tag. I get so many messages on XBL saying, "How did u get ur clan tag colord."

Idiots.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Love the clan title and gold tag. I get so many messages on XBL saying, "How did u get ur clan tag colord."

Idiots.

Some guy asked to join our clan last night.

I sent him back a message asking if he was NeoGAF.

He replied

"I'm a elite founder" (Who the fuck isn't at this point)

To which I replied no.

He responded with "What?"

I replied with "No."

He still didn't get it.

"I can't join your clan?"

I left him to his own devices.

Touch

Okay, so I have no idea how this Elite stuff works. I didn't pay for it nor have I ever looked at it. What's this GAF clan I am reading about? How would I join?

Top Bottom