• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

Koroviev

Probably depends on how fast it sells. This first run DOES have extras that won't stick for future prints, but I dunno if I recally care that much. Then again, ACE+ blew me away with Xenoblade's music, and even a little more of that would be fantastic.

But, damn, it's really just too packed in this period.

Oh yeah, I don't really care about those. I mean, it was nice to have those things when I preordered Catherine, but not in any way necessary. I'm not even sure where the art booklet is at the moment.

And I can wait on most things. I'd just rather not miss this if it is going to become elusive. I wasn't expecting such positive feedback, lol.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Played for a few hours. Hashed out around 8 story missions 2x each and a handful of the bonus side missions that open up apace with story progress. Have the four core party members for the campaign and another dozen or so enemies and NPCs unlocked for the versus modes. Solange is level 10 or so.

Will post more when not on a phone, but I'm loving it. The GH homages, similarities, and throwbacks are endless. The script is legit funny and the slightly naughty Saturday morning cartoon VA nails it.

Digging the more deliberate pace of the combat and the persistant leveling and looting that GH lacked. No branching paths is a bummer, but the 4-character campaign, 8-character side missions, double-digit-character free play and vs. modes do a solid job of making up for it.

Was concerned that the shorter arena-like missions were going to be a drag, but in practice it's not very different than the GH formula of brief fight -> cutscene -> repeat. This is more portable-friendly and grants you plenty of opportunities to spend level up stat points and mix up equipment. It'll make grinding for exp, gold, and loot that much faster, as well!

I've only played in 3D, and there is quite a bit of slowdown. Will try in 2D tomorrow and report back. Need to grab my FC as well...

Two thumbs way up.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I don't think there's anything wrong with Jim's reviews. He has established his preferences with respect to games. If they don't mesh with yours, then simply ignore his reviews. For most Japanese games, I either look for Dale North's review or consult with RPGFan.

reviewers should ideally be people who understand most any kind of game and can critically view them well, not a bunch of people wearing their preferences on their sleeves. yes, I know, they're still everywhere, but why act like you should actively seek out people who agree with you?

Koroviev

reviewers should ideally be people who understand most any kind of game and can critically view them well, not a bunch of people wearing their preferences on their sleeves. yes, I know, they're still everywhere, but why act like you should actively seek out people who agree with you?

Generally speaking, a review is ultimately an opinion. I mean, two reviewers will typically note the same features, but they may very well differ with respect to how they perceive those features. I think it makes perfect sense to seek out reviewers who view your ideal features favorably.

Eusis

I think a bit of both can be best. Ultimately the purpose of a review is to figure out if you'll like a game or not, so knowing you agree with a person, roughly at least, helps a lot. At the same time though, yeah, they do need to be fairly cool headed and able to analyze the game so their reviews can be useful to anyone.

Koroviev

Played for a few hours. Hashed out around 8 story missions 2x each and a handful of the bonus side missions that open up apace with story progress. Have the four core party members for the campaign and another dozen or so enemies and NPCs unlocked for the versus modes. Solange is level 10 or so.

Will post more when not on a phone, but I'm loving it. The GH homages, similarities, and throwbacks are endless. The script is legit funny and the slightly naughty Saturday morning cartoon VA nails it.

Digging the more deliberate pace of the combat and the persistant leveling and looting that GH lacked. No branching paths is a bummer, but the 4-character campaign, 8-character side missions, double-digit-character free play and vs. modes do a solid job of making up for it.

Was concerned that the shorter arena-like missions were going to be a drag, but in practice it's not very different than the GH formula of brief fight -> cutscene -> repeat. This is more portable-friendly and grants you plenty of opportunities to spend level up stat points and mix up equipment. It'll make grinding for exp, gold, and loot that much faster, as well!

I've only played in 3D, and there is quite a bit of slowdown. Will try in 2D tomorrow and report back. Need to grab my FC as well...

Two thumbs way up.

Fingers crossed there isn't slowdown in 2D as per earlier impressions.

Amazon promises me that it will be here on Thursday.

ohlawd

lol I didn't know the release date in Canada changed to the 10th...

I went to EBGames only to have my hype shattered.

Tomorrow.... tomorrow is the day.

Probably couldn't ship it to stores on monday so it got pushed back. But yeah what an unpleasant way to find out about it.

OP updated with new friend codes!

Allegro rules.

Two shockers: ALI IS A CHICK?!

Then today: ALLEGRO IS A GUY?!

THE ROOM IS SPINNING!

Just a heads up There's a real art book and 2 DISC OST that was released in Japan. What we got are basically samples of both. Japan got the same with their copies of the game, the complete art book and ost are sold separately.

Sweet.

Mandate: I MUST OWN THIS ART BOOK, OR DIE!!!

Anyone get the samurai guy yet or the super mace nun? I'd love to hear some impressions on how those two play, hope they have great movesets

Not yet, I'm eager to unlock Master T Drakhen and his ULTIMATE MANIMAL ARTS!

Hm, seems that you get better item drops from co-op.

Sweet!

Does everybody get an item or is it whoever grabs it first? Sorry. I'm too busy stabbing fools to notice how item pick-ups work. :3

Love this game. Takes me back to the good old days. Fast and breezy with fun characters! Agatsuma! You have set the bar high on your first outing. I expect many great things in the future! :3

Now to find the /d Zozo art after she dropped that bomb about having random body parts. Fu fu fu fu!

hatchx

Banned

Same. I was bummed out. Almost bought Dishonored.....but I will wait for Code of Princess tomorrow.

Esura

Banned
Man, I'm afraid Solange is just way far ahead of any characters that join late.

Got her up to level 17.

Vit: 24
Piety: 1
Atk: 28
Def: 20
Mind: 5
Spd: 17

:D~

Almost looks similar to my Solange build, except I'm at level 23 and I put a few points in Piety (for the occasional Bursts) and Mind (for magic defense).

Busaiku

So I've been pumping pretty much everything into Speed and Attack for Allegro.
Some Piety too.

I died a ton against Baku.
So now some in Defense and Vitality...

Also Burst is totally useless when he's got a skill that doubles attack anyways.

It took me a minute to realize that Zozo is also wearing neither a shirt nor pants...

This requires further investigation!

Almost looks similar to my Solange build, except I'm at level 23 and I put a few points in Piety (for the occasional Bursts) and Mind (for magic defense).

Yeah, I am distributing points more evenly than I generally do. Normally I put everything into MURDER POINTS. :3

i got this game and its amazing thank you topic.

Woohoo! Mission complete! *snaps*

Okay, how do friends list things work here?

Do you just receive a notice if someone adds you?

Derp derp durrrr!

Anybody wondering you unlock the samurai and martial artist on the same stage, and the next stage you unlock Sister Hel.

Man.

I like pretty much every character in this game. It's total comfort food.

Jarsonot

Yeah this game's awesome. Definitely need blaze protect in multiplayer =)

I've started out switching 'em up a bit but I've been digging Ali for awhile. Quick as hell, fun move set, great in the air...

This is a pretty awesome game.

duckroll

Hopefully I'll have this game in 1-2 days. Didn't see it in stores today. Ordered it online locally. Hope it ships fast!

Seik

Banned
Totally forgot this game came out! :O

So reading these last pages, I guess the consensus is that the game is good? Okay I'll buy it this week! :D

Busaiku

Goodness, the difference between Normal and Hard is astronomical.
I mean 2 minutes to do Monster Strom on Normal, by myself, but then 10 minutes to do it on Hard?!

So, this game is freaking great so far. I've only played about an hour but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

There's some slowdown (even in 2D) but its not that bad overall. I haven't felt like I was unable to control anything at any point.

Busaiku

Also, Allegro is criminally good at taking out mobs.
Combined with party healing and attack boosts, he's easily the best character in the game.

Pikma

Banned
I can't wait to pick up my copy this weekend, and get Pokemon Black 2 as well. :D

I feel so guilty if I day-one PC games. There will be a sale. I just....must be patient.

I know your feel, that's why I waited for a Sleeping Dogs price-cut before getting it, glad I did, since I got it for like $4.99 the other day. I tend to get games day one, but only the most notable ones and the ones I really want to support, like Rhythm Thief and this game. :D

You are a solid human being. More people need to buy games like this.

It kinda really sucks that you can't just play through the entire game with a bro ala Streets of Rage or something.

To be honest, this OT is way more alive than I expected it to be, that's good news. :)

Top Bottom