• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

NichM

Banned
Any examples of them covering up breasts? I know NISA removed the loli scrubbing mini game from that one game but I could care less since I have no intention of buying it in the first place.

Sure. It's easy to find if you spend any time comparing.

41b6NV459QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61u1xBhOX1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If the game is untouched, censor away. They could've sold this in solid black box for all I care.

No cover should be so embarrassing that it alienates potential buyers. I love the art, but this is just necessary pragmatism.

(unless it's ESRB as someone above said.)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
No cover should be so embarrassing that it alienates potential buyers. I love the art, but this is just necessary pragmatism.
Yep.

Honestly, if I hadn't already played Guardian Heroes I would not have even considered touching this game.

Arla

I see about Neptunia but did they also censor the character renders and promotional material for the characters?

I know Atlus censors breasts, I meant examples of the other publishers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
God I forgot how dumb the cover is for Tactics Ogre PSP.

CoP is pretty amazing. I like the 3D but I might try it again tomorrow with it off to see if I like that better. It doesn't chug as much as some people in this thread would have you believe but it does start to work hard when a ton of enemies are on the screen.

Effect

I'm not noticing that much of a difference really. It runs better when less enemies on screen with the 3D on and off. I'm willing to deal with the slowdown at the moment.

Downhome

I got Code of Princess from newegg today. I'm not what you would call an Atlus fan, I've rarely if ever played any of their games. I never played Guardian Heroes, so I can't compare CoP to that one. The only real reason that I bought this one is because it looked like an interesting beat em up, and it could end up being rare, expensive, and impossible to find. I hate when games like this come out, then I later decide to try it out only to find that it would cost me so much more, and by that point I say screw it and just forget about it.

Anyway, I cracked it open and played the first two or three "missions". First off, the booklet included is great, and I'm sure the CD is awesome as well. As for the game, it's beautiful and I'm very glad I picked it up. It's not exactly what I thought it would be - a stage seems to be a large screen than an entire scrolling "level" and instead of freely moving anywhere you want you actually hit a button to go up and down between different "planes" so to speak. But still, even with those unexpected features I can't help but to love it. I'm not even that big of an anime fan but I'm perfectly fine with the story and performances. There seems to be full voiceover for all characters, so that pulls you in even more so. Even the 3D is great, presenting great depth in the different missions, although there does seem to be a bit of slow down with it on, but it isn't that big of a deal.

It is a beautiful game, tons of voiceover work, and awesome beat em up gameplay. If I were you, I wouldn't ignore it like I know a ton of people will, given out different it is from most games that are major successes on the system. It absolutely deserves a look, and I'd do it sooner rather than later.

Einbroch

Banned
So I thought the game was "meh" until I learned about special moves and how to combo your B and A attacks together. I was just jamming buttons then pulled up the command menu and now I'm comboing enemies together like a champ.

Sixfortyfive

What's it mean when the word Killer pops up as you strike an enemy?

So I thought the game was "meh" until I learned about special moves and how to combo your B and A attacks together. I was just jamming buttons then pulled up the command menu and now I'm comboing enemies together like a champ.
Solange still seems too brainless. Never was a big fan of the strong and straightforward characters, but I'm just trucking through with her until I beat the game before I start experimenting with other characters.

Einbroch

Banned
Solange still seems too brainless. Never was a big fan of the strong and straightforward characters, but I'm just trucking through with her until I beat the game before I start experimenting with other characters.

I'm playing Ali.

Y-A-A-A-A-B-Air->A-A-B is just one combo I've got working. Her vvA wrecks groups.

cjkeats

No where local seems to have it here up north. Local eb had no idea about it. Ordered off amazon, so I'll be waiting till next week. Atlus and Canada seem to always have trouble.

Played the first couple of missions and really like the game. Sola he felt very straightforward and then I tried out Ali and was completely confused by her movements.....in a good way, I liked that she felt completely different ;)

Really enjoying the humor as well.

The very first battle it chugs a bit however but that doesn't bother me much, this game seems to have a lot to offer.

Giolon

Atlus went out of their way to cover Solagne up in promotional material. The art they used was original Japanese art but they decided to show her in that alternate outfit instead of the original which is a shame. They even left out wallpapers that showed her wearing her original outfit. The boxart blatantly covers her breasts and they put Zozo in front of Solagne in an image at the site so Zozos hair covers her Solagnes breasts.

I really don't see how they'd go about promoting Senran Kagura. The in-game stuff for CoP is left the untouched, I'm glad for that but I'd rather have some else bring SK over.

Aksys, XSEED or NISA, that's just me though.

I've never seen Solange in any sort of alternate outfit. She's always got the same metal bikini doesn't she? Atlus has been quite creative in "censoring" her with text and shiny light though.

Also, can anyone tell me what Sister Hel's Down, Down, A move is supposed to do? It does the same sort of animation and MP drain that her Down, Down, B does (which heals her) only I haven't been able to notice what the actual effect of the move is.

Sixfortyfive

The stop-and-go pacing of the game and the short levels are a good fit for a portable game, but it kinda puts a damper on co-op, especially when your party disbands after every level.

I think I need to try out the other characters and give VS mode a whirl.

So is there some kind of limit or can you just keep spamming the ultra quick "leveling up characters" tutorial until the exp gain is too minimal?

duckroll

I'll give Atlus a hard time whenever there are decisions which involve actual content removal, or stuff which hurts the consumer directly. But it's really hard for me to even get remotely worked up about the sort of "covering up" they do for promotional art and game covers when it comes to stuff like Dragons Crown and Code of Princess. It's simply understood that there are different values in America and in Japan. If you want to promote your game in any sort of mainstream manner at all, and you don't want people to get a poor impression of the game and prejudge it before they even find out what it is, you probably don't want to use some of the artwork in its original form for some of these games.

Atlus works hard to bring these games out in English, and they generally pick the ones with worthwhile gameplay and interesting ideas. It would be a bit unfair to spit in their face just because they are trying to promote a game as something more presentable and hoping that more people take interest in the gameplay before forming preconceptions. On the other hand, if a business decision means there is missing content or features removed, then sure, we should all bitch away. :)

OmegaZero

I JUST GOT THIS.
IT'S TIME TO CODE PRINCESSES.

Wait, both of the copies I ordered are slightly bent and scuffed.
NEWEEEEEEGG!!

EDIT: Also, agreed with duckroll.

Busaiku

Does anyone with the Japanese version happen to know if
1 of the
ending was changed, in terms of dialogue?
When Schwartz was hugging Solange at the end of the "keep magic" ending, why would Solange knock him out? Was it really just related to her clothes, which she never really reacted to before? Or was there some incestuous tone in there in Japanese?

Just hosted a four player online co-op, it was a slideshow but still a lot of fun haha

I can't seem to find many people hosting....:(

Eusis

I'll give Atlus a hard time whenever there are decisions which involve actual content removal, or stuff which hurts the consumer directly. But it's really hard for me to even get remotely worked up about the sort of "covering up" they do for promotional art and game covers when it comes to stuff like Dragons Crown and Code of Princess. It's simply understood that there are different values in America and in Japan. If you want to promote your game in any sort of mainstream manner at all, and you don't want people to get a poor impression of the game and prejudge it before they even find out what it is, you probably don't want to use some of the artwork in its original form for some of these games.
Yeah, at this point it's more about being frustrated with how stingy significant chunks of Americans can be (and retailers like Walmart that might carry on regardless of how big that group is) than an actual reason to be angry with Atlus or whoever. Though everyone has their limits, and even if some of those examples are the kinds of coverage I find exasperating there's stuff like Mugen Souls that definitely went too far and needed some cuts.

olimpia84

My Newegg copy was supposed to arrive tomorrow but to my surprise it arrived today a few hours ago. Came in a padded envelope and thankfully the box received no damage at all.

As far as the game goes, I'm very early into the game but I'm absolutely LOVING this game. Fantastic presentation, love the voice acting, great use of 3D, good soundtrack and good combat system (I haven't delved into the command list yet to learn the advanced combos).

I think I'll play with Solange on my run through the story mode and then start leveling up the other characters. Thumbs up to Atlus for bringing this over here, I'm hoping this game exceeds their expectations saleswise!

I love that while hosting a 4 player co op I can kick out people who try to get me (by spamming the ok/not yet button) to start the game before I have 4 people :)

The last couple 4 player online games have run much more smoothly. I'm still hosting so I'm glad it's gotten better.....for whatever reason.

A.E Suggs

Square Enix censored legs:

Check out the girl in blue at 10 o' clock:

vjOZn.jpg
WaUDe.jpg

She looks better with tights in my opinion, but the change is still stupid seeing how they still left some women legs uncovered. I'd also like to think that covering the ass should take priority over the legs but whatever still a great cover and its identical at least.

ohlawd

Woot finally got the game. Eff you Canada!

I played for about an hour and a half. I'm loving this game so much.

Lucentto

Banned
I want this game but I don't have a 3DS yet, fuck. Might just get it now to ensure I won't have trouble finding it later.

Wow, this sucks.

I am visiting an out of town friend next weekend who is a BIG Guardian Heroes fan (we played it together so much when we were roommates), but he doesn't keep up on games as much as I do. I was going to surprise him with the game and hope he would grab a copy so we could play multi-player over the weekend.

My copy was lost (or stolen) today. UPS apparently left it on my doorstep, I am in an apartment.

I can't fathom it was stolen though and if it was, it HAD to be the one guy across from me, our apartment is tucked away in a back corner and upstairs, any package would be invisible to all but the two doors up there. And I'm not sure anybody gets home from work as early as I do around here.

Anyway, UPS support told me to contact the shipper (why? they were not the irresponsible party here!) and Newegg immediately opened a ticket to have a replacement sent. But that will take seven to ten days.

So my only option to have this in time for my trip would to grab a copy locally and return the replacement there later. It's kind of scummy, but I don't know what else to do. And then again, wasn't the pre-order a special edition? So I wonder if my replacement will even be that or the game only.

I'm in a crappy mood from this.

duckroll

Wow, this sucks.

I am visiting an out of town friend next weekend who is a BIG Guardian Heroes fan (we played it together so much when we were roommates), but he doesn't keep up on games as much as I do. I was going to surprise him with the game and hope he would grab a copy so we could play multi-player over the weekend.

My copy was lost (or stolen) today. UPS apparently left it on my doorstep, I am in an apartment.

I can't fathom it was stolen though and if it was, it HAD to be the one guy across from me, our apartment is tucked away in a back corner and upstairs, any package would be invisible to all but the two doors up there. And I'm not sure anybody gets home from work as early as I do around here.

Anyway, UPS support told me to contact the shipper (why? they were not the irresponsible party here!) and Newegg immediately opened a ticket to have a replacement sent. But that will take seven to ten days.

So my only option to have this in time for my trip would to grab a copy locally and return the replacement there later. It's kind of scummy, but I don't know what else to do. And then again, wasn't the pre-order a special edition? So I wonder if my replacement will even be that or the game only.

I'm in a crappy mood from this.

The replacement should also have the artbook and OST. My understanding is that the entire initial print run of the game contains the extras. In future if they reprint the game, it might not have those extras.

Maybe Nich can confirm?

NichM

Banned
The replacement should also have the artbook and OST. My understanding is that the entire initial print run of the game contains the extras. In future if they reprint the game, it might not have those extras.

Maybe Nich can confirm?

Yeah, that's how all our first-run bonuses work. Hope you get the problem settled. /:

duckroll

Yeah that sounds like a really shitty situation. It sucks to look forward to showing a friend something, only to get boned by delivery woes.

Ah, thanks for the info, both of ya. :)

I may grab an extra copy locally this weekend and then figure out how to deal with it when the replacement shows up.

Maybe it can be a Christmas gift if I feel too scummy returning it, heh.

P90

Atlus works hard to bring these games out in English, and they generally pick the ones with worthwhile gameplay and interesting ideas. It would be a bit unfair to spit in their face just because they are trying to promote a game as something more presentable and hoping that more people take interest in the gameplay before forming preconceptions. On the other hand, if a business decision means there is missing content or features removed, then sure, we should all bitch away. :)

My feelings and thoughts exactly. Atlus is a great conduit for many "niche" games for us J-philes in the west. I think we should not "bite the hand that feeds".

HyperHip

Decided to spend some time in PvP today. For the most part my connections were pretty good with only 2 slideshow matches. Sooo many Solange players online with like the occasional Tsuki, and boy are they a pain to deal with. Despite this I managed to overall get 2nd on Ranked with Sistah Hel.

Sushigod7

Ah, thanks for the info, both of ya. :)

I may grab an extra copy locally this weekend and then figure out how to deal with it when the replacement shows up.

Maybe it can be a Christmas gift if I feel too scummy returning it, heh.

Sorry to hear that sucks doesn't hurt to ask your neighbors and say hey did you see a package out here today? You should be ok though as the others said the replacement will have everything in it. Keep the 2nd if you end up buying one they will probably sell out at some point and you can make your money back. I'm going to order this from Amazon just waiting to sell a few more things on Ebay for extra cash! My hype is returning for this game after all the positive comments.

Top Bottom