• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

Koroviev

Played it for couple hours now. Gameplay is very fun and voice is good. The negatives for me are its abit too easy and turning 3d on will cause slowdowns during gameplay.

How is the pace of combat? Does it feel as "sticky" as it looks in the JP version?

And have you noticed any slowdown otherwise?

zroid

Banned
hrrrrrrrg, my pre-order has gone unfulfilled and it shows out of stock. Perhaps I was too late and they ran out.

Or more likely the shipment just hasn't reached the warehouse yet.

Looks like brick n' motar GameStops may have it today. One store in my area is already showing "in stock". Hopefully I get a call before my lunch break so I can pick it up before rush hour tonight.

Soul Beat

Just picked up my copy.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that other people pre-ordered this game in town. Now I just need to hunt them down.

How is the pace of combat? Does it feel as "sticky" as it looks in the JP version?

I haven't been following the JP version, I like the combat it similar to guardian Heroes. I dont recall encountering any slowdowns when I was playing in 2d.

Esura

Banned
You remind me of my friend. He will buy numerous copies of a game that does something like Code of Princess is doing with the first run stuff, then list it on amazon down the road for an exorbitant amount of money.

I hate him.
I usually buy multiples of the same game if it's rare but not to resale. The collector in me. :(

Had I not gotten Black 2 I could of gotten more than one copy of this.

Bururian

I usually buy multiples of the same game if it's rare but not to resale. The collector in me. :(

Had I not gotten Black 2 I could of gotten more than one copy of this.

That is definitely different than what he does.

I do hope my copy ships soon. It's weird to not have had it already ship.

The only "slowdown" I've noticed playing it is that the attacking/comboing is stretched out a bit so because of that and the fact that the animations aren't super fluid during these attacks it makes it feel like there's lag when there really isn't (i.e. all of your attacks connect properly and whatnot).

It's mostly an issue for people who played a lot of Golden Axe and the like since they play faster. You get used to it after a couple hours, though.

Haven't noticed any of the slowdown I saw in some of the Japanese videos yet.

HyperHip

Yeah framerate is stable now. Also Solange has a new fireball attack added to her spin attack move, which is now d,f+b as opposed to f,f+b/a.

It's really going to suck if I get this today as I have no way to play it. I think I may have enough cash to buy a battered 3DS off someone on Craig's. I don't really want to go that route, but I guess it beats staring at a box on my desk.

Koroviev

It's really going to suck if I get this today as I have no way to play it. I think I may have enough cash to buy a battered 3DS off someone on Craig's. I don't really want to go that route, but I guess it beats staring at a box on my desk.

Post a wanted ad in the BST thread. A lot of people have been posting very good deals on the original 3DS + games.

Letep

Amazon order is being delivered today.

I think this is the first handheld Atlus game to ever be available on Amazon on release day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got a call yesterday from the GS I ordered my first copy from (I only cancelled it on Friday when I went in to pay off Pokémon) and now my Newegg copy is circling around me.

Sometimes I hate delivery tracking because while I don't exactly live in the middle of nowhere I am nowhere near a UPS distro center so you'll see a package get closer and closer and then suddenly stop for eight hours in a place at the other end of the state.

Amazon also said it should be arriving today. Now I just have to accept that I'll probably spend an hour or two on Analogue: A Hate Story and not devote the entire evening to Code of Princess alone.

Shipped from Gamefly, should be playing by Thursday.

1lYF1.gif

My mail order Princess arrived and I wasted no time sticking it in
my 3DS

I'm busy at work, but I can't wait to get this
3DS
out of my pants and play with it!

HNNNNG!

Wait. . . What's going on in this thread?!?! :O

I got it!!!!!

But can play it like in 5 hours :(

In the meantime here is my FC. so we can play online: 2664-2125-3755

The artbook/Cd case is beautiful <3

A4x0heZCMAAfeOf.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got the game and played the first few story stages, so I can't comment on the difficulty (it's way too easy, but this is just the beginning of the game..the first few story missions are zero or one star difficulty). Also don't know if this is just Solange herself, but everything feels a bit slow...as if there is a delay in attacks. The character does have a huge, heavy sword though. The framerate is also not completely stable and the lack of 60FPS hurts.

Still seems fun despite the negatives.

Baron

Is this game more a straight-up brawler like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage, or is it more a 2D Phantasy Star Online-type game, with loot? I'm up for some loot-generating fisticuffs, if so.

Lyte Edge

LOL, one of the guards just called Solange a prostitute and said "it's not my fault you're dressed like that!" I think that's a first.

Lyte Edge

Is this game more a straight-up brawler like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage, or is it more a 2D Phantasy Star Online-type game, with loot? I'm up for some loot-generating fisticuffs, if so.

It's neither, but closer to something like GA and SOR with some RPG elements. It's just like Guardian Heroes.

Effect

LOL, one of the guards just called Solange a prostitute and said "it's not my fault you're dressed like that!" I think that's a first.

I was wondering if how she's dressed was actually acknowledged in the game. Does her clothing ever change?

RM8

Jelly, so much. At best I'll have it in 3 days, at worst in 9. Can't believe retailers around here (Mexico) don't even know it exists :/

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Do bosses still plane shift right in front of you when you change planes?

Heard that exploit was one of the biggest killers of difficulty in the original

Decided not to pick this up in the end, but interested in the changes from Japanese version

Pangya

How are the versus options in this game? Are there options to turn off plane switching and such to have a straightforward 1v1? I loved playing the Bleach DS series and this looks like the next closest thing I can get for some versus action.

HyperHip

Got the game and played the first few story stages, so I can't comment on the difficulty (it's way too easy, but this is just the beginning of the game..the first few story missions are zero or one star difficulty). Also don't know if this is just Solange herself, but everything feels a bit slow...as if there is a delay in attacks. The character does have a huge, heavy sword though. The framerate is also not completely stable and the lack of 60FPS hurts.

Still seems fun despite the negatives.

I hate the 60 fps cocktease they give after the quest. Also Solange handles A LOT better then the JP one imo.

OmegaZero

I hate the 60 fps cocktease they give after the quest. Also Solange handles A LOT better then the JP one imo.

That's good news.
Can't wait to see the changes to the other characters if there are any.

How are the versus options in this game? Are there options to turn off plane switching and such to have a straightforward 1v1? I loved playing the Bleach DS series and this looks like the next closest thing I can get for some versus action.

Oh god, don't even get me started. Loved the series.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Played through the first level to get a feel for the game. Does Solange have any use for MP besides burst? None of her moves seem to consume any.

cjkeats

Crap I thought this was later in the month. I'm on vacation and doubt the wal-mart in this tiny town I'm in will have it. I hope it's still around town when I get back next week, I want that artbook.

Glad to see the positive impressions.

Top Bottom