• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

Rinoa

As someone who lives and breathes GH, I'm all up in this. Can you only play with the main characters? I wonder who the tan chick is, and if there's an equivalent of 6 nandos/villagers battling each other in the ring.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This thread makes me want to try out Guardian Heroes because I really dot understand the hype behind it at all. Looks like a standard beat'em'up to me.

I'll have to try it this weekend.

Rinoa

This thread makes me want to try out Guardian Heroes because I really dot understand the hype behind it at all. Looks like a standard beat'em'up to me.

arnie_true_lies5ias2.gif

You haven't lived until you played against 5 other people in an arena as the village god and kamehamehaed across the screen.

then get hit once and stay stuck on the floor because you can't block, so you zoom to the front of the screen and block the camera

Busaiku

As someone who lives and breathes GH, I'm all up in this. Can you only play with the main characters? I wonder who the tan chick is, and if there's an equivalent of 6 nandos/villagers battling each other in the ring.

In the main game, you only have access to the main story characters.
Outside of that though, there are dozens of characters you can use, like old ladies.

I'm digging the impressions, keep 'em coming.

Any more about the online specifically? Everything from how it works, what you can do, and people's experience would be helpful....

Busaiku

I'm digging the impressions, keep 'em coming.

Any more about the online specifically? Everything from how it works, what you can do, and people's experience would be helpful....

So far only played co-op, but all you can do is just set up a lobby.
You can't invite anyone or anything either.

You can play through the bonus missions in easy/normal/hard.

The netplay was fine though.
There were some framerate problems, largely due to the large number of things on screen (like 16 enemies, the 4 player characters, some items).

So yeah, Allegro just murders everything with the power of rock.

Does he have a disadvantage? He seems be a very quick acting character with no deadzones.

HyperHip

So I just realized that
NPC characters are available during free play to level up!
This was NOT in the JP version.

You will unlock more playable characters as you play the story mode.

Esura

Banned
It's impressive how this game is fully voiced, and well too. I'm impressed.

Yeah, I am distributing points more evenly than I generally do. Normally I put everything into MURDER POINTS. :3

I wasn't gonna put any points into those until the Tutorial told me what Mind and Piety is for. :p

Holy.

Shit.

Marco Neko's shop music is the greatest thing I've heard in quite some time! :O

Artbook ordered. :3

No seriously, The Empurrium theme is the best yet!

A very catchy theme.

I hope this game sell well enough for Atlus to consider Senran Kagura afterwards. This and Senran Kagura are the games that got me to get a 3DS in the first place as I figured their localization would of been a shoo in since there wasn't much 3DS games at the time. Least I got one out of the deal.

Busaiku

Does he have a disadvantage? He seems be a very quick acting character with no deadzones.

He sucks in the air, and doesn't do as well with fast projectiles, since his moves are slow.
I still have trouble with Baku, despite being like 10 levels higher than when I last played that level.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Got my copy from Newegg, but the outer box is squished :( I know that they usually ship games in padded mailers, but they should really make exceptions for games packed in soft cardboard boxes.

Now I'm torn as to whether or not to return it because I've really been wanting to play it right away.

ttocs

Got my copy from Newegg, but the outer box is squished :( I know that they usually ship games in padded mailers, but they should really make exceptions for games packed in soft cardboard boxes.

Now I'm torn as to whether or not to return it because I've really been wanting to play it right away.

Is anything damaged? If not, I'd just play it. But if something is actually damaged, return it for sure.

massoluk

Banned
I must be missing something. How do I pick the latter androgynous weirdoes I unlocked for campaign? I only get to select up to that cowardly guitar hero sage. I want to use the Kungfu dudes.

It's impressive how this game is fully voiced, and well too. I'm impressed.

So far Juppongi is my favorite.

I hope this game sell well enough for Atlus to consider Senran Kagura afterwards. This and Senran Kagura are the games that got me to get a 3DS in the first place as I figured their localization would of been a shoo in since there wasn't much 3DS games at the time. Least I got one out of the deal.

Me too.

I want to play Senran Kagura god damn it! Stupid region locking. >:O

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is anything damaged? If not, I'd just play it. But if something is actually damaged, return it for sure.

Yeah, it's just cosmetic damage to the outer box, though I never like it when I purchase a brand new game and it arrives looking like someone stepped on it. I think I'm going to let my impatience win out on this one and just keep it.

URGH. . . I wouldn't fault you for returning it. This has happened to me in the past with Amazon too. My BlazBlue:CSEX was delivered all squished. >:|

Hopefully my copy from NewEgg isn't all cocked up.

Well the outer packaging is damaged which is a problem when that's part of this wonderful first print run. Part of it is me wanting to have the mintiest of mint packaging for my own peace of mind, and the other part is wanting to have the mintiest of mint packaging in the event I resell the game to somebody else.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So I just realized that
NPC characters are available during free play to level up!
This was NOT in the JP version.

Why is this spoiler-tagged?

I don't have anyone other than the standard characters available in free play. The NPCs are only playable in versus mode.

andymcc

Banned
got this yesterday and started playing it this morning.

it feels like an amalgam of a bunch of beat 'em ups i loved while growing up. i think i'll love this game.

massoluk

Banned
Ok, after spending some time with this game, my 2 cents:

1. Turn out I prefer the D-Pad to analog pad for this game after all, much easier to execute a move. Too bad 3DS D-Pad is in a very awkward place, but what can you do.

2. What a wasted opportunity with the touchscreen. Could have use it for special moves and other shits.

Other than that, loving the PRG aspects and old school hack-n-slash actions.

jackal27

Banned
Gonna go pick it up in about an hour! I'm sitting in class and playing Playstation games on my PC at the moment. Ugh Analytical Grammar.

I'll give my impressions later tonight or tomorrow. Anybody have a favorite character? I really wanna try out Ali-baba.

gunstarhero

Loving this game so far - but I'm a little confused on how magic and lock on works...

Granted, I have opened the manual - but it seems confusing. Magic button seems to simply create a burst...and that's it?

Lock On button does a strike that displays a lock on bar... but i'm not sure what to do next.

Bururian

So my copy is currently 'in transit' in the city I live in, so it'll probably be waiting on me for when I get home. Tonight. After midnight.

:(

Loving this game so far - but I'm a little confused on how magic and lock on works...

Granted, I have opened the manual - but it seems confusing. Magic button seems to simply create a burst...and that's it?

Lock On button does a strike that displays a lock on bar... but i'm not sure what to do next.

It's not that difficult.

Did you play the tutorial? Play the tutorial.

Lock on targets a particular enemy (the one in the yellow circle) and gives a damage bonus when you attack them, and from what I recall of the training mode, anybody that gets between you and the locked on foe.

MP is used for special attacks or bursting. Burst effect varies on the weapons and equipment you have on. IIRC you start with a weapon that gives you invulnerability to knock-back when bursting.

Training mode takes all of three minutes. Do it.

gunstarhero

It's not that difficult.

Did you play the tutorial? Play the tutorial.

Lock on targets a particular enemy (the one in the yellow circle) and gives a damage bonus when you attack them, and from what I recall of the training mode, anybody that gets between you and the locked on foe.

MP is used for special attacks or bursting. Burst effect varies on the weapons and equipment you have on. IIRC you start with a weapon that gives you invulnerability to knock-back when bursting.

Training mode takes all of three minutes. Do it.

Thanks man! I actually did the training mode, but for some reason I thought there was more to the magic/bursting button. Guess not.

Awesome, awesome game. Going to go do the Training Mode again - clearly I was paying attention. :/

Only played the first 5 campaign missions or so but I'm liking it a lot. The single screen(More or less) stages hasn't really bothered me like I expected. It seems like leveling up the characters will be fun too.

I just hate how poor this game runs with 3d on. It just seems to be DS level 3d backgrounds and a bunch of pre-rendered sprites. Not sure why it tanks even when there's only a few enemies on the screen. Oh well, it's playable enough.

So this has online co-op?

Yes. I haven't done it myself, but there's co-op and versus modes listed in the manual. Can you play co-op story mode online guys, or is it just co-op Free missions?

Thanks man! I actually did the training mode, but for some reason I thought there was more to the magic/bursting button. Guess not.

Awesome, awesome game. Going to go do the Training Mode again - clearly I was paying attention. :/

I kind of blame the training mode for just being video and not letting you learn by doing, but it covers the basics. ;)

Only played the first 5 campaign missions or so but I'm liking it a lot. The single screen(More or less) stages hasn't really bothered me like I expected. It seems like leveling up the characters will be fun too.

I just hate how poor this game runs with 3d on. It just seems to be DS level 3d backgrounds and a bunch of pre-rendered sprites. Not sure why it tanks even when there's only a few enemies on the screen. Oh well, it's playable enough.

That's unfortunate. Sadly the whole 3D thing works as well for me as Magic Eye pictures, so 3D is off all day, every day for me.

Esura

Banned
So far Juppongi is my favorite.
He is so stupid, which is funny. :D

Being a Laura Bailey fan, Solange is my auto favorite by default. I know I'm beating a dead horse but...goddamn she reminds me so much of Leina Vance. Both are heir to a land, both blonde, both got big tits, both got little armor, both are extremely optimistic and shonen hero-esque, both got cool older siblings...its like the developers of this game are huge fans of Queen's Blade.

Me too.

I want to play Senran Kagura god damn it! Stupid region locking. >:O

I would kickstarter a localization of it if it was even feasibly possible.

Arla

Atlus went out of their way to cover Solagne up in promotional material. The art they used was original Japanese art but they decided to show her in that alternate outfit instead of the original which is a shame. They even left out wallpapers that showed her wearing her original outfit. The boxart blatantly covers her breasts and they put Zozo in front of Solagne in an image at the site so Zozos hair covers her Solagnes breasts.

I really don't see how they'd go about promoting Senran Kagura. The in-game stuff for CoP is left the untouched, I'm glad for that but I'd rather have some else bring SK over.

Aksys, XSEED or NISA, that's just me though.

Esura

Banned
Atlus went out of their way to cover Solagne up in promotional material. The art they used was original Japanese art but they decided to show her in that alternate outfit instead of the original which is a shame. They even left out wallpapers that showed her wearing her original outfit. The boxart blatantly covers her breasts and they put Zozo in front of Solagne in an image at the site so Zozos hair covers her Solagnes breasts.

I really don't see how they'd go about promoting Senran Kagura. The in-game stuff for CoP is left the untouched, I'm glad for that but I'd rather have some else bring SK over.

I feel ya. Needless censorship is annoying but a price I'm willing to deal with for the Atlus-Quality-Seal-Of-Approval. I wish Atlus did it because they usually go hard on their localizations but Aksys and NISA would be cool too. Maybe not XSEED because they would probably make it some lame DD-only eShop game. They seem to be pursuing DD hard lately.

Ryuukan

I feel ya. Needless censorship is annoying but a price I'm willing to deal with for the Atlus-Quality-Seal-Of-Approval. I wish Atlus did it because they usually go hard on their localizations but Aksys and NISA would be cool too. Maybe not XSEED because they would probably make it some lame DD-only eShop game. They seem to be pursuing DD hard lately.

If the game is untouched, censor away. They could've sold this in solid black box for all I care.

NichM

Banned

Aksys, XSEED, and NISA would have had to do all of those same things.

Arla

Aksys, XSEED, and NISA would have had to do all of those same things.

Any examples of them covering up breasts? I know NISA removed the loli scrubbing mini game from that one game but I could care less since I have no intention of buying it in the first place.

Top Bottom