• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

dreamfall

Whoa, it was hard to find in these Suburban parts of Jersey. But victory! Found it at a Gamestop with such beautiful bonuses- Atlus does have some of the most incredible packaging. GAH! To finally get time to play, this thread makes me so happy!

Maybe I need to play more, but why does the combat feel so slow and sluggish? The framerate also seems to take a nosedive when in battles, and it just feels kinda clunky. I went into CoP expecting a fluid combat system, but I don't feel in control of my attacks at all.

Am I crazy?

hatchx

Banned
Just played a chunk of the single player and a chunk of online co-op. This game is awesome! I love how your characters stats carry over between modes, and you can switch characters that have separate storylines.

Gardios

Finally got around to putting some time into this. The script has already gotten a few chuckles out of me so far. :)

My FC: Lamario- 2277-7693-8205

Played the first six or seven missions. This is great, and the missions are small enough so far to just keep you going in that "just one more" kinda feel.

FC is 5284-1470-9856

NeoAthanasius

Neo Member
Just started playing my copy. It is fantastic, just as I was hoping it would be.

My friend code is 4597-0746-0670

I would love to play this game with some fellow gaffers!

Maybe I need to play more, but why does the combat feel so slow and sluggish? The framerate also seems to take a nosedive when in battles, and it just feels kinda clunky. I went into CoP expecting a fluid combat system, but I don't feel in control of my attacks at all.

Am I crazy?

Yes.

OP updated with added friend codes.

So glad to see folks are enjoying this. :3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also all the suggestions for balancing out your stats are nuts.

Putting almost everything into attack and HP/MP and then Speed is the way to go. Magic instead of attack for Zozo.

Allegro+some boss killing equipment+his attack buff I had over 200 attack by the final boss who I killed in three hits without grinding a single level.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
As far as stats go, I'm basically putting 2x as much into Attack as everything else for Solange and just building the rest evenly. Piety is debatable but I do like the longer burst time.

Munkyspace

Whoa, it was hard to find in these Suburban parts of Jersey. But victory! Found it at a Gamestop with such beautiful bonuses- Atlus does have some of the most incredible packaging. GAH! To finally get time to play, this thread makes me so happy!

NJ suburbs represent!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Piety is extremely good but there is an accessory available that gives +20 to piety and hp at the expense of eight speed that also has boss slayer on it so getting that and keeping it equipped means you don't have to dump points into those two for a long time.

The replacement should also have the artbook and OST. My understanding is that the entire initial print run of the game contains the extras. In future if they reprint the game, it might not have those extras.

Maybe Nich can confirm?

Wonder if this means I'll get the extras if when I keep the game from Gamefly.

As far as stats go, I'm basically putting 2x as much into Attack as everything else for Solange and just building the rest evenly. Piety is debatable but I do like the longer burst time.

Yep!

MURDER POWAHHHH!

Piety is nice if you have a weapon that can abuse longer burst period, but honestly I could probably have allocated those extra 9 points to VIT/ATK/SPD and still be doing just as well.

I suspect Mind may be more important in the long run if I'm recalling the purpose of the stat.

Busaiku

Seriously Baku was easily the toughest fight for with Allegro.
The rest of the game can't even remotely compare.
Especially not that pathetic final boss.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was hard until I noticed I had a piece of equipment with boss killer on it.

With that same equipment I beat him not ten minutes later with a level 1 Sister Hel.

Busaiku

It was hard until I noticed I had a piece of equipment with boss killer on it.

With that same equipment I beat him not ten minutes later with a level 1 Sister Hel.

I still couldn't do it even with those items.
Every other boss is easy, just not him.

I think it might just be Allegro.
Or my Allegro.
Can stat boosts from equipment go over the maximum value on the level-up screen?

You can't go beyond 160.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's funny I've had the in combat stat line say something above 160 when I had Allegro's ATK up spell on.

Wonder if this means I'll get the extras if when I keep the game from Gamefly.

Probably. They sent me the 3ds stand when I ordered Kid Icarus from them so they keep the stuff that comes with games around in their warehouse.

Picked this game up after work today but probably won't play it much until the weekend.

Esura

Banned
Farming Juppongi for XP is kind of annoying since he's runner scum, but Solange is now lvl.43! :3

I finished the game and my Solange is level 71.

After listening to the advice of the other poster, I maxed Attack and used that Champion Bangle thing that lets you do more damage against bosses. I steamrolled the later half of the game afterwards.

Good game right here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are only two really hard bosses in this game and one of them is late enough that should be able to kill them in only a few hits if you can get those in.

The other is Baku!

There is a non boss fight that can be sort of brutal if you want to challenge it and I've heard some of the bonus content is ridiculous.

Anyone down to play?

My friend code:
4124 - 4998 - 1885

OP add me! I'm adding the list now.

Done.

I finished the game and my Solange is level 71.

After listening to the advice of the other poster, I maxed Attack and used that Champion Bangle thing that lets you do more damage against bosses. I steamrolled the later half of the game afterwards.

Good game right here.

Yeah.

I found a new enemy to farm XP from that's an easy target and XP rich. :3

Now I'm trying to see if I can find items that will compliment each other. I'd like Boss Slayer and some other attributes working in unison.

I hope the queen has a big booby demon second form. :3

One thing I noticed that would have been handy for the largely unused second screen is to put a brief description of what each stat you can level relates to. Not required, but would have been super handy.

olimpia84

I finally hit a wall in this game. Is the Emble fight after you enter that tower. My Solange character is level 22...should I boost a few more levels before getting into this fight or am I doing something wrong? The main problem I have is that in said fight the enemies seem to have infinite respawn abilities so they keep bugging me throughout the fight =/

Ryuukan

Any tips for the final boss with Solange? I have to say this is one of the hardest fights Ive tried in all my gaming years.
It seems like her defense goes up 1000% in the third form

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Any tips for the final boss with Solange? I have to say this is one of the hardest fights Ive tried in all my gaming years.
It seems like her defense goes up 1000% in the third form
Never use heavy attacks. I always got knocked out of the start-up.

Top Bottom