• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

massoluk

Banned
I *THINK* I have added everyone that posted friend codes in this thread so far.

Tried my first 4 player co-op online. Holy shit, does this game lag, it's almost unplayable. Finished it nevertheless by spamming whatever...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Tried my first 4 player co-op online. Holy shit, does this game lag, it's almost unplayable. Finished it nevertheless by spamming whatever...
It varies. I'd go so far as to say that about 80% of my matches have been good on that front but I almost always host and, based on past experience, I expect most other 3DS users don't have their routers in order and ruin everything for everybody.

olimpia84

Online in this game is pretty much unplayable unless it's 2 player. Any more than that and the game comes almost to a stop.

Added everyone in the list

Here my code once again to add to the list in case it get buried:

2621-2608-3510

I've been playing 4 player versus pretty exclusively today and yes, many times its unplayable......but every now again everyone has a good connection and it flows :)

Koroviev

Can anyone tell me about the different stats? I don't have the game manual with me atm and Google is failing me :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can anyone tell me about the different stats? I don't have the game manual with me atm and Google is failing me :(

Hit the home button, click on instruction manual at the bottom of the screen, goto the page about leveling up.

Did I just blow your mind?

Yuterald

So, I went to my Gamestop to throw down $5 on Zone of the Enders HD Collector's Edition and I was told I could pick up my Code of Princess reservation. I was considering cancelling the game because I'm pretty fucking broke at the moment, but to my surprise I had it payed off! I guess when I had money (lol) I was trying to pay off games that were closer to release. I picked it up so here's my friend code!

1461-6195-7275

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are only four campaign mode characters but every campaign mission is unlocked in free play after you beat it.

hitmon

There are only four campaign mode characters but every campaign mission is unlocked in free play after you beat it.

Ah thanks, thought my game was broken or something. Looked like there were more slots available under the 4 current campaign characters.

Sixfortyfive

Lol at that dragon god mission, good stuff 645!
Super Armor ftw.

The only co-op mission available to me that I haven't cleared is the final 2P "protect the villagers" mission. That's going to be rough unless I partner up with a healer, 'cause that villager AI is dumb as bricks.

Sixfortyfive

Well I got 99 Hel on me if you wanna bang it out :D
If you're available search for my lobby. Enter password 0645.

In this stage there are two villagers starting on opposite sides of the screen. Divide and conquer at the start and then check up on their HP when you can.

Skilletor

Welp:

20121011_203204.jpg

Character models animate really well.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Added you. Wanna co-op? My lobby password is 2070

Ahh sorry. Was too focused on progressing in the solo campaign to check the thread; and now I'm going to bed!

Such a great fucking game! Just got to the tower after farming Baku a few times! Got much loot and 2 levels on repeating that mission!

Solange is level 32 now! :D

Here are my guesses for the other characters:
Ali - Cindy Robinson (totally sounds like her boyish roles)
Zozo - Michelle Ruff
Allegro - Yuri Lowenthal

jackal27

Banned
I bought it yesterday and have been enjoying it quite a bit despite how much shame the character designs bring me, haha. I wasn't really digging it at first and kind of regretted purchasing it at full price, but I've warmed up to it.

I've been mainly playing Ali. I like how fast she is and you can land some sick combos if you use her right. She has a couple of pretty useless techniques though.

Still, this game isn't perfect. I never been a fan of 3D models turned into 2D sprites, no matter how well animated they are. Slow-down can be annoying. The way things are structured mission-style as opposed to being one, flowing world is irritating to me. Online is laggy and some things feel unfinished or janky. I think that all of this is simply a result of the game being a very early 3DS game in Japan though.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game, but those nagging issues can really add up over time. I may sell this one when I'm finished with it if anyone is interested. Still, I'm not that far, so we'll see.

Koroviev

I love this game. This is the first time in months that I've drained my 3DS battery in a single sitting. I would still be playing right now if I had a charger on hand.

Some thoughts:

- I'm not finding the plane switching to be very useful. Since the enemies always come to you (once they realize you're there), my strategy is to wait in the middle in a guard stance, have them gather around me, then start a burst and combo them all.

- The game is decidedly rather easy. For the first 10 or so levels, I boosted nothing but the attack Stat and had no issues. I've now added some points to vitality, speed, and piety, but attack is still my primary Stat for Solange by a large margin. I haven't experimented with the other characters yet.

- I had some difficulty with one of the bosses around Lvl 20. At first I thought it might be my build since it's so skewed in favor of offensive strategies, but then I employed some blocking and was able to take him down without issue.

- I really like the characters. The writing is witty and does an excellent job of imbuing each character with a distinct personality. As others have said, the game benefits from poking fun at itself.

- The game looks great in motion. I haven't noticed any slowdown in 2D campaign and the characters animate well.

Overall, this is a very solid addition to the 3DS library. I would recommend it to anyone on the fence, even those without prior experience with beat-em-ups. The game exudes charm and the combat feels great. The game is not at all hampered by the mission structure. For me, it gives it that "just one more" quality.

I really wish I had a charger right now :(

I want a sequel and would buy any platform it appears on.

Hopefully we get a sequel, however I'd like it to stay portable. These icky 3D/Polygon graphics look better on portable screens. At higher resolutions and larger displays they look like garbage.

Same thing for Ikkitousen on PSP, which IIRC was also polygon models.

Honestly after seeing so many awful images of this game I was prepared for the worst, but it managed to work out on the 3DS.

Plus since other companies are hellbent on not earning my money, Agatsuma can keep taking it. :D

Sixfortyfive

- I'm not finding the plane switching to be very useful. Since the enemies always come to you (once they realize you're there), my strategy is to wait in the middle in a guard stance, have them gather around me, then start a burst and combo them all.
Plane switching has some recovery, so you can bait a lot of the grunts and some bosses by forcing them to switch to catch up with you.

Bururian

Alright. Everyone that was on the list in the OP, I've added. Some have already added me, but some of you. Get to adding me!

One night soon, I'll be hosting all freaking night. Passworded game obviously.

Arla

Finally got it. Played a couple of missions. Loving the characters and plot. It's charming as hell. The actual gameplay so far is pretty meh. I've only played as Solange so far though.

Playing this just makes me want Senran Kagura even more.

In online co-op I can only choose from the four campaign characters, Tsukikage and Master T, and 2 ??? ( just haven't gotten that far).

However, I hosted a co-op online game and someone was playing as some old grandma lady......am I overlooking where I can choose from all the other characters in online co-op or is that something that gets unlocked later?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Are these models or sprites?
I thought they were models, but then people keep saying sprites.

I'd say they were models, rendered into a spritesheet. Easiest to tell by the very 2D-style animation, and the fact that you never see different angles of the same attacks.

duckroll

I got it! I got it! Yay! I only played a few short quests so far. I'm surprised, the game is really funny. Lots of hummor, and crazy shit. Pretty fun. It'll take a while to dig in to the actual mechanics though. The script and voices are pretty good, and I'm digging the music too. Too bad about the terrible compression in the video scenes though, lol.

Sushigod7

I'm breaking down and going to see if I can find this at retail today. I'll add everyone when I get it and hopefully get into some co-op tonight.

cjkeats

Still no sign at retail, but my Amazon copy shipped yesterday. Should arrive late next week.
At least this thread made me realize I'm not the only one standing out in the rain watching the party.

Lan_97

Finished the campaign last night with Solange. A few comments:

- Really fun overall, and lots to do if you want to play/level other characters.
- The dialogue is surprisingly good. Though, Juppongi talks way too slow.
- It's odd only having access to the same 4 members of your group during the campaign.
- I feel like the whole game could move 1.5-2x faster. Framerate isn't that great either.
- Why is there no practice mode?!
- This is a complaint for many games for me, but I hate not being provided with detailed information about what each stat/skill does.
- Sprites are nicely animated, but the 3D models ->2D sprites lack some character. They are very blurry up close, and it's clear the source 3D models weren't that detailed to begin with.
- Looking forward more!

Finally got it. Combat does feel really slow, and I'm going blind trying to see what's going on in the back row on a non-XL 3DS. Hard to put down though, and once I got the hang of Zozo, everything's clicking for me. Really enjoying it so far.

- This is a complaint for many games for me, but I hate not being provided with detailed information about what each stat/skill does.

Tutorial explains what each stat affects.

Lan_97

Did you play with the 3D on? Turning it off makes a HUGE difference.

I didn't see an option in the menu so I just turned it off with the slider. I didn't see an immediate difference so kept it in 3D the rest of the time. Though visually, I much prefer the game in 3D, partially because I dislike the 3DS display in 2D mode.

Finally got it. Combat does feel really slow, and I'm going blind trying to see what's going on in the back row on a non-XL 3DS. Hard to put down though, and once I got the hang of Zozo, everything's clicking for me. Really enjoying it

I could not imagine playing on OG 3ds.....everything would be microscopic

Top Bottom