• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

Koroviev

I got it! I got it! Yay! I only played a few short quests so far. I'm surprised, the game is really funny. Lots of hummor, and crazy shit. Pretty fun. It'll take a while to dig in to the actual mechanics though. The script and voices are pretty good, and I'm digging the music too. Too bad about the terrible compression in the video scenes though, lol.

The game really doesn't have much of a learning curve. I thought it would at first, but my first death didn't occur until a boss fight at level 20.

duckroll

The game really doesn't have much of a learning curve. I thought it would at first, but my first death didn't occur until a boss fight at level 20.

It's not really about how hard it is, it's just not fun playing an action game just mashing one button. It's much more fun now that I read up on the mechanics and know how to use combos and moves more effectively.

Koroviev

It's not really about how hard it is, it's just not fun playing an action game just mashing one button. It's much more fun now that I read up on the mechanics and know how to use combos and moves more effectively.

There are only a few combos, and they're very basic. Seriously, you'll pick it up in no time at all.

Bururian

So far, I haven't used anyone other than Solange as far as the campaign goes.She hits pretty hard, and once you get her speed up, I'm just tearing through things. It's kind of hilarious.

That Liongate fight was kind of tough, him and all the soldiers kept me in the air for 3/4 of that fight

Koroviev

So far, I haven't used anyone other than Solange as far as the campaign goes.She hits pretty hard, and once you get her speed up, I'm just tearing through things. It's kind of hilarious.

That Liongate fight was kind of tough, him and all the soldiers kept me in the air for 3/4 of that fight

That's what initially happened to me with
Juppongi
. However, after I learned to guard effectively, he was cake.

Bururian

That's what initially happened to me with
Juppongi
. However, after I learned to guard effectively, he was cake.

Will your guard break if you get hit too many times? That's what felt like happened in the mission I just mentioned. It would just break or something and I'd end up in the air for a bit.

HyperHip

Found it, I think.
Google translate makes it fairly readable.

It doesn't look like it's complete, but there appears to be a fair amount of information.

Good stuff even has the Powa Wave blockstring/combo for Hel lol. Seriously pvp is where it's at for this game.

EDIT: For those looking at the guide keep in mind all 66+Attack moves are now 26+attack in the English release.

Koroviev

Will your guard break if you get hit too many times? That's what felt like happened in the mission I just mentioned. It would just break or something and I'd end up in the air for a bit.

Yeah, a combo can break it. You're good for at least a few hits usually, though.

suikodan

I bought the game because of this thread. I like it so far.

Are there a lot of people online? Are the friend codes needed to play with others?

OmegaZero

Okay, my mind is full of fuck.

WARNING: LATE/END-GAME SPOILERS

If
Cocoa was in Milk's body
and
Distille was in Cocoa's body
, then who was
Distiny
?

Bog

Junior Ace
I've been putting all my points into Speed just because it feels soooo slow and sluggish right now in the early quests. Does that actually help?

Busaiku

Okay, my mind is full of fuck.

WARNING: LATE/END-GAME SPOILERS

If
Cocoa was in Milk's body
and
Distille was in Cocoa's body
, then who was
Distiny
?

Some random villain?
Or like the personified form of Distille or something?
I've been putting all my points into Speed just because it feels soooo slow and sluggish right now in the early quests. Does that actually help?
It definitely does, but what you need to do to really make it quicker is gather up the enemies in large groups and take them out that way.
Though of course this is much easier with Allegro than anyone else.

OmegaZero

Some random villain?
Or like the personified form of Distille or something?

I guess so.
What confuses me is that
Cocoa calls whoever's in her body Distiny (after Distille is driven away), and Distille also cried that out before she was killed in the "Destroy the Stone" ending.

lolmark

Love this game, but my only complaint I have is with the difficulty balance. I seriously spent way too much time retrying the "Enter the Ninja" quest with Ali. Had to grind several levels just to boast my vitality and defense.

OmegaZero

Love this game, but my only complaint I have is with the difficulty balance. I seriously spent way too much time retrying the "Enter the Ninja" quest with Ali. Had to grind several levels just to boast my vitality and defense.

With Ali, a really helpful move to get enemies off your back is her down - forward Bx2 special.
She'll stab the enemy, then move to their back and kick them away, allowing you to hopefully start a chain reaction that'll give you enough time to lock-on to someone or prepare for a combo.

Bururian

That fight you have to interrupt a lot so they can't get attacks off, otherwise, you'll get caught in a giant string of juggles from everyone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is how the end game spoilers work out.

Queen Distiny steals Cocoa's body because she wants to be young and beautiful forever. Cocoa steals Milk's body. Distille possesses Distiny.

A.E Suggs

Good stuff even has the Powa Wave blockstring/combo for Hel lol. Seriously pvp is where it's at for this game.

EDIT: For those looking at the guide keep in mind all 66+Attack moves are now 26+attack in the English release.

I have a set up for my Hel as well lol. Seriously though pvp is to much fun wish I could play people here, but i'm only borrowing someone elses 3ds for the time being until mine is fixed.

Sushigod7

Ok just got home with this game and Chick-Fil-A. I'm itching to crack it open later today. Looking through the artbook I'm getting serious "The Sacred Blacksmith" vibes. It's a ok anime on Netflix if you guys haven't seen it.

OmegaZero

This is how the end game spoilers work out.

Queen Distiny steals Cocoa's body because she wants to be young and beautiful forever. Cocoa steals Milk's body. Distille possesses Distiny.

Makes sense to me.
Also, when playing as the old man, I've noticed that some enemies that get hit by his heavy attack randomly die when they normally could've taken 10 or so more hits.
Can anyone confirm this?

olimpia84

Just beat a few seconds ago with Solange level 57. Activity log says 7 hours but I did some free play and online quests here and there so I'd say it probably took me a little over 6 hours for the story mode. Really fun game overall, the 3D effect is really nice, loved the character design and voice acting and the fact that the game encourages several playthroughs with different characters. Soundtrack is great btw

The downside is the slow combat and framerate when lots of enemies are on the screen and when playing online with 3 or 4 people. Too bad the developer couldn't fix this for the final product but oh well.

Busaiku

I guess so.
What confuses me is that
Cocoa calls whoever's in her body Distiny (after Distille is driven away), and Distille also cried that out before she was killed in the "Destroy the Stone" ending.

Yeah, that last part had me confused too.

Ryuukan

Ok, I took some advice in this thread and spent about 15 mins leveling Solange to 80 off the
Possession
quest, only took about 10 seconds a pop so it was easy.

With boss slayer and sunburst, it was a very quick fight.

Ramune

Got the game today after ordering it yesterday! (Prime shipping occasionally scratches a day off I guess because of my location) One of the few here without a 3D'd DS to play it on, but I've been down this road before and never regretted these decisions. Maybe sometime next month I'll join you guys!

OmegaZero

Do item abilities like Boss Killer stack if a character uses two items with those abilities?

Doesn't look like it.
I first equipped the "King's Badge (fake)" which had Boss Killer and V+20, P+20, and S-8.
I then used Ali's lock on attack on a boss with 3210 HP. It did 34 damage.

I then proceeded to equip the Champion Earring (which has Boss Killer and P+6, A+6, and S+6) as well.
To cancel the effects of the A+6, I also equipped Undine, which has Mind Up, V-6, P-6, A-6, D-6, M+20, and S-6.

Using Ali's lock on attack on the boss with the additional items equipped yielded the same results, with her attack doing 34 damage.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Is there a hard and fast rule on which attacks are based off of the Attack stat and which are based off of Mind (i.e. something as simple as "if it uses MP, then Mind, if not, then Attack)? Just asking so that I don't have to test it myself on a per-move basis.

I'm mostly wondering about Allegro's moveset right now, as some of the attacks he has that look energy-based don't consume MP.

Boss and High Level do stack, so do boss and low level when you start some serious grinding.
I think the question was whether 2 items of the same effect stack, not 2 different ones.

branny

I'm still on the fence. :(

Are mission clear time records in Free Play separated by the character you choose, or are they just general clear times like how it appears to be in Campaign? Can you play multiplayer versus offline with bots? What are all the modes, and which of those let you play as every character in the game? Are there multiple difficulty settings?

It's really hard finding what I'm looking for on YouTube. If footage isn't of the Japanese version, it's just an unboxing or LP of the campaign.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'll take a few of these:

- Can you play multiplayer versus offline with bots?
No on this. No practice mode either. In 3P/4P online co-op (not sure about VS), you can fill in some player slots with CPUs but at least 2 actual players have to be present in order to start a game.

- What are all the modes, and which of those let you play as every character in the game?
Campaign: main 4 characters only
Free Play (same as campaign missions, but without the story): everyone
Bonus Quests: everyone
Online Co-op: everyone except powerful boss characters
Online Versus (Ranked/Free): everyone except powerful boss characters
Online Versus (Ultimate): everyone

Not sure what restrictions apply to local multiplayer modes. IIRC there's no download play.

- Are there multiple difficulty settings?
In general, no, but some online co-op missions have multiple difficulties.

Top Bottom