• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

duckroll

Hmmmm. . . what does the average non-franchise/licensed 3DS game sell in Japan these days? Say, Senran Kagura?

There isn't really an "average" unless you're specifically talking about certain genres. Sengan Kagura is a bit of an abnormality. It got pretty popular even though it was seen as a niche release, and is doing pretty well. The original sold over 60k, and the Burst release is over 80k iirc.

There isn't really an "average" unless you're specifically talking about certain genres. Sengan Kagura is a bit of an abnormality. It got pretty popular even though it was seen as a niche release, and is doing pretty well. The original sold over 60k, and the Burst release is over 80k iirc.

:O

Then the solution is for Agatsuma to double down on the double-D's and double sales! :3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's likely if they kept their budget goals in line that they might have made a decent profit on 30k sold.

RedSwirl

WTF is up with this framerate man. I've only played the first battle, but is it always like this? Does turning off 3D make any difference?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Loot shows up quite prominently on the post-mission rewards screen; and anything new has a bright NEW tag next to it when browsing your inventory (which is sort-able, btw).
I mean, how much easier can it be?

RedSwirl

Loot shows up quite prominently on the post-mission rewards screen; and anything new has a bright NEW tag next to it when browsing your inventory (which is sort-able, btw).
I mean, how much easier can it be?

I guess I've just been blazing past the post-mission screens. Anyway, how long is this game on average? I've been going through with Ali, and right now most missions seem to go by in just a couple minutes.

Mejilan

I beat the campaign with 2 of the 4 main story characters; grinded Solange up to level 86 and coasted with Allegro that wound up at level 50-something.
I did a small number of the free play and bonus missions, and spent precious little time in multiplayer.

My activity log has me at roughly 9 hours of total play time.

I've still got quite a bit left to unlock. I'm not done with the game yet!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does anyone else feel like some enemies have a ton of HP just for the sake of having a ton of HP? It just kinda seems like a lot of the enemies aren't balanced particularly well. They'll have an absolute shitload of HP, but be fairly weak in every other aspect.

Also how the hell do the chain explosions work? All I know is that I can throw a bomb with Ali, and then shit'll just keep exploding for a good ten seconds or so.

Koroviev

Does anyone else feel like some enemies have a ton of HP just for the sake of having a ton of HP? It just kinda seems like a lot of the enemies aren't balanced particularly well. They'll have an absolute shitload of HP, but be fairly weak in every other aspect.

Also how the hell do the chain explosions work? All I know is that I can throw a bomb with Ali, and then shit'll just keep exploding for a good ten seconds or so.

Oh god, I hate chain explosions. Can't even tell what's going on; everyone is just up in the air.

duckroll

I think the inflated HP numbers are just there to encourage the player to equip "Slayer" stuff to deal much more damage to that enemy type. The problem is, I don't see the point of ever equipping anything other than both Hi-Lvl Slayer and Low-Lvl Slayer, since that basically gives KILLER bonus to all enemies... lol. Yeah the game isn't really balanced well at all.

Lol. Chain explosions. Lolololol. Worst part of the game design imo. If a fight is going to have a lot of that, I just equip Flame Guard. :(

Mejilan

Since they did away with the over kill juggling/comboing, I'm actually kind of happy that they made baddies HP-tastic. It's really satisfying pulling off multi-digit combos against a multi-digit number of enemies. Simultaneously.

But yes, clearly it's there to encourage you to play around with equipment (also new when compared to GH).

Magical effects are generally "contagious" ala GH. So have a bunch of enemies mobbing you together, unleash a spell effect against them, and quickly switch planes in order to avoid catching the effect yourself. It's great for crowd control when you're trying to focus on certain key targets.

Bururian

After playing with Solange for long enough, switching over to Ali is really super nice for me. I'm enjoying her insane speed and attacks. equipping her with Hi-Level Killer and at level 9, I was able to
take down Liongate
with extreme ease. It's almost unfair.

Etzer

Finally beat the campaign with Solange, Lv. 86. I really enjoyed it, although some of the quests were frustrating.

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I can cheese just about every stage in this with floating, spark spammin', ground burnin' Zozo. I didn't die until Juppongi and I seem to be gaining 3 or 4 levels on some stages.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Spark spamming works wonders on Juppongi, too.

Lately though, I'm finding that Zozo isn't nearly as strong as she used to be. I mean, she's right about the same level as the rest of my party, but she doesn't seem to do nearly as much damage as she used to. Huh.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Helga's ability to walk while guarding is kind of interesting. I might max out her speed just to abuse that.

Does anybody know the difference between her down, down+A and down, down+B specials? I know the B version heals allies and the A version doesn't, but I haven't checked anything beyond that.

EDIT: I only have one co-op quest left to clear: the 2P bonus quest "Undead Assault," where you have to protect 2 villagers from a lot of undead enemies. Anybody have tips on this one if you've managed to clear it? I'm leveling Helga to 99 right now to see if she fares well. (I know that healing magic hurts undead enemies, and the barrier skill might be useful here.)

Sixfortyfive

What do you guys think would be the most efficient way of organizing co-op/versus sessions? 3DS functionality leaves a little to be desired, unless I'm missing a way to be alerted of messages the moment I receive them...

I keep playing trying to convince myself I like this, but wow is it super repetitive and the slow down during action with not much going on, on screen is horrendous. Even with 3D off that should not be doing that, hell it's not even 3D its drawn sprites, I know the 3DS is capable of more than this.
While complaining it is fun to just run around and mash buttons, but not sure I'm going to finish this, think the hype train got to me for a mediocre game, IMHO.

ryushe

I'm starting to think the low framerate/lag thing is done on purpose to highlight just how much faster you and the game feels once you get your speed leveled up.

RedSwirl

The heck is piety for? Is it even useful for Ali? And when do I get to play as the other two chosen guys who show up after Zozo?

Sixfortyfive

I'm starting to think the low framerate/lag thing is done on purpose to highlight just how much faster you and the game feels once you get your speed leveled up.
I think some people are confusing slowdown for hitstop. The game only really slows down for me a lot in 4P matches or when there's just a dozen+ enemies on the field.

The heck is piety for? Is it even useful for Ali? And when do I get to play as the other two chosen guys who show up after Zozo?
Piety = MP. It can be useful for melee characters because you get to abuse burst more with more MP.

Bururian

What do you guys think would be the most efficient way of organizing co-op/versus sessions? 3DS functionality leaves a little to be desired, unless I'm missing a way to be alerted of messages the moment I receive them...

Tonight, around midnight I plan to play for a good while. If you want to co-op some games, I'm more than up for it. I can host or you can. I've not cleared the campaign yet, so I dont have everything unlocked. I'm monitoring this thread while at work, so just let me know if you're up for it.

Sixfortyfive

Just ran into "NYChrisG" in a versus match. I wonder if it's him.

Tonight, around midnight I plan to play for a good while. If you want to co-op some games, I'm more than up for it. I can host or you can. I've not cleared the campaign yet, so I dont have everything unlocked. I'm monitoring this thread while at work, so just let me know if you're up for it.
What time zone? I'll probably be around.

HyperHip

Decided to take a quick break from Sistah Hel and tried out Master T in PvP. So many options in the air! Blocked divekick to fireball pressure, add in some whiffed jumping strong to a crossup jumping weak, this Guy is an aerial mixup machine!

Sixfortyfive

Thank you. With that I ask would you like to co-op?
Sure, just open a room and I'll be in there.

Let me know roughly what difficulty you're starting on so I know whether I should use this as an opportunity to level up my weaker characters or not.

Baconbitz

Banned

Let me know roughly what difficulty you're starting on so I know whether I should use this as an opportunity to level up my weaker characters or not.
3 star with Solange. LVL 22. Room is open.
Edit: I'm gonna create a room with a password so I know it's you. Password will be 2435

Sixfortyfive

I can't join your room. If other people are joining and keeping me from getting in, put up a password.

EDIT: I don't see any room using 2345.

Sixfortyfive

It's not that bad.

Keep making new sessions if you want to play or just let me know when you're done.

Sushigod7

Finally got to put some time in tonight and love this game. I can see putting a lot of time in for all the characters. Only played Solange so far trying to get the combos down and doing some grinding to level up. Sooo happy I have a XL for this!

Bururian

I have Solange at around 36, and Ali at 10. Tsukikage is level 5. Going to try and work on Ali, but I have her equipped to take on higher level stuff

Edit: Room is created, and the password is 9034

Edit 2: I have the room set up as a 4-player bonus quest, so anyone is free to join in.

Javier

Just finished Campaign Mode with Solange. She ended at Lv. 60. Now it's time to do the Campaign with the other characters and the Bonus Quests.

I have to say, after playing through many RPGs and story-heavy games with tons of cliché characters and plot point, this one feels like a real breath of fresh air. At no point the game takes itself seriously, the dialogue is hilarious, and the characters are all funny and pretty likable to boot.

Really hope we get a sequel, or another game in the same vein.

Sixfortyfive

I have Solange at around 36, and Ali at 10. Tsukikage is level 5. Going to try and work on Ali, but I have her equipped to take on higher level stuff

Edit: Room is created, and the password is 9034

Edit 2: I have the room set up as a 4-player bonus quest, so anyone is free to join in.
Is there a reason you're replaying the same handful of stages?

Top Bottom