• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

duckroll

Hahahahaha.

- Invisible "achievements" with in-game unlockables
- Achievements and unlockables tied to online modes and rankings
- Super niche game on a portable platform

Lolololol. Who thought this was a good idea? Also, it kinda bothers me that there's no single player arena mode where you can fuck around with all the unlockable characters without playing with other people. :p

WELLINGTON: The New Zealand government on Friday blocked former heavyweight boxing champion and convicted rapist Mike Tyson from entering the country for a second time in as many weeks.

A visa allowing Tyson to attend a charity event in November was cancelled earlier this month after the show’s sponsor, the Life Education Trust, withdrew its support for the ex-fighter’s visit.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-10-137260-New-Zealand-confirms-Mike-Tyson-visa-ban

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Master T hits like a truck...

Hahahahaha.

- Invisible "achievements" with in-game unlockables
- Achievements and unlockables tied to online modes and rankings
- Super niche game on a portable platform
It was even better in the JP version if I'm reading that wiki correctly. You could spend gold to level up your characters in ranked mode, and presumably this lasted for 1 match only.

lol

soultron

Banned
Very pleased with COP so far. Played some 2P coop tonight and my glass cannon Solange kept getting KOd by the boss very quickly. Fun!

Also surprised I managed to grab a copy so easily. I thought this was going to be way harder to find. Even got the art book + CD thing even though I didn't preoder!

Ugh, leader board achivements are the worst.

Guess I'll finish off campaign, free and bonus missions, and then hound someone on a forum to see if we can boost to unlock, and then drop back off again.

Sixfortyfive

PSA: If you want to join my Undead Assault co-op session, please adhere to the following bare minimum:

- equip something that kills undead enemies quickly
- equip something that allows you to keep moving through enemy fire, be it super armor during burst, petrify immunity, flame immunity, etc
- please don't be underleveled
- try to knock enemies as far away from the old lady as possible so she doesn't end up suicide bombing herself
- divide and conquer during the opening part; protect whichever civilian is closest to you

Also, are there any particular characters/spells that wipe out these enemies super-fast? I'm using Solange who is decent enough for crowd control, but if there's a really efficient character for this mission in particular I'm willing to level up another.

EDIT: Finally won! And with a Zozo partner somehow. Would have figured that friendly fire would have ruined things, but her magic spells take down the last few enemies really quick.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So I just put this in for the first time during lunch today... was playing a few stages with Solange, I just made it past the part where the innkeeper tells me I need to leave town. Now, combat in the game seems a bit sluggish and dash/plane-jump doesn't feel as responsive as I would have liked.. could this just be because I have a low speed stat?

Sixfortyfive

Solange is definitely sluggish until you put a few dozen points into speed. Prioritize attack first though.

branny

My copy came today. I've been playing a bit and think the characters and enemies are alright, but I really would've liked if the game ran a little better (like...60fps...). Playing as Ali with speed pumped up helps make the slower pace a bit more tolerable for me while I'm still getting in the swing of things. I think these sprites are a huge step up from the ones in Guardian Heroes (Nicole's gives me nightmares, tbh), but I'm kinda sad that they look so crappy when you're actually fighting. (They look gorgeous during mission select.) I guess their lack of fidelity is to be expected when they're resized for battle on the 3DS's crap resolution screen.

So far, I have a few gripes that I knew I'd have before buying this. Iffy technical performance aside, not having offline bot support for versus mode is really, really stupid. The same goes with the lack of individual character clear times for missions. And the lack of difficulty settings. I may run into more complaints later on, but these are definitely disappointing right off the bat.

That said, the game's fun, and I'm excited to play more. Probably going to get an XL soon. :(

Sixfortyfive

I can't complain about technical performance in this game that much considering that I put up with slideshow 6P Guardian Heroes forever... You couldn't even start a match in that game with certain character combinations due to RAM limitations lol.

PS: Y'all should pick up the XBLA version of that game if you haven't done so already. Fantastic port.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Alchemia can go choke on my sword, damn it. What's up with that quest? I breeze through the game and BAM, 3 waves of some of the most annoyingly spamming enemies of the game + her, who can teleport and has frickin laser beams that can almost one shot me if it hits all they way.

I'm feeling like Atlus is flipping the bird right at my face.

Jesus.

Allegro is an annoying androgynous twink, but holy shit - he's easy mode all day for free. @_@

I figured I'd play him next since I like him the least. Next is Ali. Then Zozo.

Online only shit is kind of annoying. WTF Agatsuma? :|

Oh and with 3D gimmicks turned off I'm beasting with Allegro against multiple foes and crazy magic all over and barely getting any slowdown. :3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Allegro is god tier as far as the story mode characters go and even with the expanded free play characters is among the best.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Allegro was my second character to clear the campaign, and I hated every minutes of it.
Boring gameplay. Shit character design. Shit dialog. Shit voice actor. Little fucker.
I think Ali's going to be next, though the masochist in me is leaning towards Zozo because she seems less interesting than Ali and I'd rather end the fourth campaigns on a high note.

Sushigod7

Played some random co-op tonight it was a 3 person room with no slowdown pretty nice. I'm only level 22 Solange so have a long ways to go. Anyone order the art book? I'm tempted but just blew some money on old Star Fox games so it might have to wait till next month. Would like impressions if you have. Also debating the soundtrack but its $50

Really fun game. So far it's a slower, more RPG element heavy Guardian Heroes. It works well as a handheld game. I got to play a mix of offline and online earlier. Add me if you are low level and want to co-op. FC re-post: 3523-3466-7778

"It is illegal to be a zombie".

The writing in this game is fantastic.

Haven't had a chance to really dig in and I have just been spamming so far...i died on the Semble/Emble fight (also good dialog there).

Got to get a grasp on the movesets and grind a bit.

Solid game so far..

olimpia84

Are there are any differences in the dialog when you play the campaign with different characters? I'm playing with Zozo on my second run but so far I've skipped all the dialog by holding R.

RM8

It arrived today! Have been playing, I'm absolutely loving it so far. I admit I turn 3D off sometimes when the frame rate drops, though. The gameplay takes a a couple of missions to get used to, but then you start combo-ign, juggling and having lots of fun. At first I thought it was weird that retailers in Mexico don't know anything about it, but it's even more odd that I can't even rate it on the eShop.

Busaiku

Naw fuck that yellow belly kid ;). He's not even good in vs mode his attacks seem like they would work well after 1p mode but against smarter people nope.

Doubling attack and his dive kick doing a lot of damage is good.
And then after the knockdown, you can get them in B lock.

At least this is how I imagine things would work, I still have yet to play VS.

Nekobo

My copy came yesterday, so I've joined the ranks.

My friend code is 4425-1477-8897

Please add me so I don't have to fight alone!

Uggggh staying up too damn late playing this game and not working on projects with deadlines that are fast approaching. D:

Got Allegro up to lvl. 48 before bed. Attack + Mind stats all swollen. Next I'll work on Vitality and defense.

What a little scumbag! :p

I'll add new friend codes to OP tonight from a real computer.

Man, I don't know how anyone could play this on a standard 3DS. I just finished a mission where the enemy count got to around 7 or 8 on screen along with some NPCs running around. The camera zoomed out far enough that I found myself gravitating closer and closer to the screen.

Bururian

Man, I don't know how anyone could play this on a standard 3DS. I just finished a mission where the enemy count got to around 7 or 8 on screen along with some NPCs running around. The camera zoomed out far enough that I found myself gravitating closer and closer to the screen.

I'm playing it just fine.

Nekobo

Yeah, I always move to the front plane so I can actually see the characters.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I feel ya, man. Same thing happened to me. My eyes aren't the greatest, though.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
i4WljTJsj1Ilz.jpg

This could be alleviated with a smarter camera system.

I've noticed instances where the game will just remain crazy zoomed out instead of zooming in, and yeah on a tiny ass 3DS screen - not helping. :(

Grisby

This cat menu song might be the best thing ever.

I've never played Guardian Heroes although I've wanted to try it out for a long time now (waiting on a XBL price drop). So I figured I'd give this a shot.

The story so far seems a little long winded but it's surprisingly well voice acted. The gameplay is fast and fun although in a number of battles so far the framerate has been pretty bad. I'm playing Solange and thanks to some internet co-op I'm lvl 15 in an hour or two.

So yeah, good times. I needed something to play on my 3DS and this seems to fit the bill. Way more interested to try out Guardian Heroes now.

I'm quite taken with this game. It's funny (once you're into the whole corny anime vibe) with great characters, music, and satisfying gameplay. The animations are really nice too. I predict this spending a long time in my 3DS XL slot (well apart from Pokemon White 2). Haven't finished the campaign yet but I'm mainly sticking to Solange right now then I'll go at the missions again with all the other characters. Already hoping for another game by these guys!

That's when you get all spammy and hope for the best.

Yeah, that's what I do; but it's still frustrating as hell.

Allegro doesn't really fit my button mashy play style. Solange has a good set of attacks with forward movement, or that distance you from enemies. Allegro really kind of sucks once the novelty of mashing A and spamming magic wears out.

I also hate those bomb throwing runner scum cyborg rabbit enemies.

In general, I hate enemies that waste my time by fleeing.

Played quite a bit of co-op last night. Really enjoying Ali. She's like a combination of Genjuro and Randy from Guardian Heroes. Maybe a little Serena thrown in for good measure. Her damage output is a bit lacking, but I will probably pour some points into attack to fix that. Love dat shoryuken. Spamming down-forward + a to send enemies into the air and then down + b to send a bomb to meet them never gets old.

IGN review is up. It's not favorable and seems rushed and a bit swept under the rug. Two and a half wasted paragraphs in the introduction on Solange's outfit and appearance. Almost nothing detailed in the way of gameplay mechanics. Mediocre store or not, the review is a mess.

Top Bottom