• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't post this while I was in the office.

Since you obviously love my posts so much that you have to pull year-old ones out of the archives, I guess I really should post more.

So, to catch up, I guess I forgot to tell y'all that Texas Tech's very own Raider Red won the Capitol One Mascot Challenge:

MCLEAN, Va. - After 16 weeks of head-to-head matchups and millions of votes, the 11th annual Capital One Mascot Challenge came down to the final championship round between undefeated Cocky of South Carolina, and 2003 National Mascot of the Year, and Raider Red of Texas Tech who succumbed to only one loss during regular season voting. And while it was expected to be a close battle, Raider Red's final victory over Cocky was an upset heard around the mascot nation. In addition to claiming the ultimate mascot bragging rights for winning the 2012 title, Raider Red will also receive $20,000 toward his collegiate mascot program, provided by Capital One.

"I don't do this for the prize money or the fame, I do it for pride and for all of the loyal Texas Tech fans," said Raider Red through a mascot interpreter. "I'd like to give a shout out to Cocky on a hard-fought competition and to thank the loyal and passionate Texas Tech fans who helped me claim this honor."

Raider Red is now defending his championship, so please look forward to more updates...since this is a bye week, I'll have plenty of time to keep you all updated.

Thanks for continuing to show your interest in me and my posts, Karakand. I promise I'll strive harder to keep up with your obvious demands for more so you don't have to post old ones to make up for the lack of Texas Tech news in your life.

In other news, Hollywood calls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefDns-84Fo&feature=youtu.be

In other, other news, NYC is on line two:

https://twitter.com/ErikBurkhardt.

Well that didn't take long..Already received call for @TTUKingsbury to participate in Houston Fashion Week for major label. What y'all think?

Damn I did well in the pick 'em last week! Second place overall now!

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 9
South Carolina @ UCF by 6
SMU @ TCU by 14
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 7
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 17
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 7
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 10
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 10
USC @ Arizona State by 4

I think Iowa / Minnesota is the hardest to pick this week. Neither team has played anybody worth a damn so far this season, except for Iowa taking a 3 point loss to NIU in their opener. I'm also not so sure about ASU over USC but fuck Kiffin. And I'm tempted to take UCF over SCAR but I just can't do it. I think UCF will keep it close though.

Oh and turns out I work for the 9th best university to work for in the nation. And our President had the highest rating of them all at 100% (he is doing a seriously good job here). Go Noles!

andycapps

I should have just said "unranked teams don't get to tell ranked teams what to put on their t-shirts..." But there's too much material to work with when talking to Longhorn fans about arrogance.

Hell yeah, I love when you fully commit to the burn. Most of us just do drive bys.

qUhz2II.jpg

I'm guessing that's a Pristine post from the past?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
What in the hell is going on here:
Texas A&M at Arkansas - Sat, Sep 28, 7:00 PM ET (154)
POINT SPREAD TOTAL MONEY LINE
5Dimes.eu
TA&M: +3
ARK: -3 -110
N/A o: 0
u: 0
TA&M: 0
ARK: 0

BOVADA

BETONLINE.ag
TA&M: -3
ARK: +3 -110

Fantasy911.com

SportsBetting.ag
TA&M: -3
ARK: +3 -110
Am I missing something here? Let me rephrase that. What am I missing here?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Not that I ever win the thing, but it's good to be out of the bottom 5 or so finally.

Just y'all wait till my pick against Bama causes me to rise to heaven.
I'm picking Mississippi. It's the smart play this week.

Enfinit

Go...Gators?

How does everyone feel about Tyler Murphy? I mean, realistically.

Played better in two quarters than Driskel has the entire season. Definitely an upgrade, in my opinion. All he has to do is just not turn the ball over for the Gatas to be successful.

Damn I did well in the pick 'em last week! Second place overall now!
Sitting tied for 5th. Us Noles know how to pick em (except for LosDaddie).

impirius

hee hee hee haahaahaahahahahahaha

Craig James' legal team demands his reinstatement at Fox Sports
"The actions have also led to the breach of Craig James‘ contract and the impugnment of his career," Liberty Institute general council told Fox Sports in a letter sent Tuesday. "We demand the immediate reinstatement [of] Mr. James to the on-air college football analyst position. If you refuse to reinstate Mr. James, millions of Americans will be left with the impression that you do not respect religious liberty and Liberty Institute will be forced to pursue subsequent legal options."

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 6
South Carolina @ UCF by 17
SMU @ TCU by 14
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 13
LSU @ Georgia by 8
Florida State @ Boston College by 17
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 6
Iowa @ Minnesota by 8
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 13
Arizona @ Washington by 8
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 14
USC @ Arizona State by 6

That is precious. Absolutely precious.

I was going to say something like "well you can't blame a guy for trying" but then I read the article. He's basically saying it's OK for him to spout homophobic hate speech because of his religion. Fuck this guy. If I believed in hell I would hope he rots there being constantly sodomized while watching a highlight reel of Mike Leach's best games.

pxleyes

Banned
Nooooo Dominique Easley tore his ACL. Dammit, I liked him a lot.

edit: Seems your info may be off.

"“Dominique Easley tweaked his knee a little bit [Tuesday], will probably be out [Wednesday] and we’ll see how it goes,” he said of the senior defensive tackle. “It’s his other knee. It was a non-contact [injury]. He was playing to run on a screen and just tweaked it a little bit. And we think he’ll be fine.”

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/09/25/2013/925-muschamp-talks-dt-easley-gators-injuries/#ixzz2fvIhKSLi "

andycapps

RIP to former Dawg, Paul Oliver. Apparently committed suicide today.

Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune reported Wednesday that ex-Charger defensive back Paul Oliver committed suicide at the age of 29. “A good dude,” Acee tweeted of Oliver. “Always enjoyed talking to him. Dang, this is sad.”

Acee’s colleague Michael Gehlken reported that Oliver’s family had confirmed his death.

“We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers,” the family said, according to Gehlken. “We request privacy in the wake of this tragic loss.”

xeris

Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 4
South Carolina @ UCF by 7
SMU @ TCU by 21
LSU @ Georgia by 10
Florida State @ Boston College by 21
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 10
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 21
Arizona @ Washington by 6
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 14
USC @ Arizona State by 4

Jeff-DSA

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 6
South Carolina @ UCF by 21
SMU @ TCU by 6
LSU @ Georgia by 10
Florida State @ Boston College by 14
Iowa @ Minnesota by 3
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 21
Arizona @ Washington by 10
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 17
USC @ Arizona State by 10

LegoDad

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 9
South Carolina @ UCF by 9
SMU @ TCU by 17
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 9
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 20
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 17
Arizona @ Washington by 9
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 9
USC @ Arizona State by 9

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Strange to see all these high scores people are picking for Alabama/Ole Miss. I'm feeling quite down on it, personally. I'll still have Alabama winning, but it'll be a close game.

I was going to say something like "well you can't blame a guy for trying" but then I read the article. He's basically saying it's OK for him to spout homophobic hate speech because of his religion. Fuck this guy. If I believed in hell I would hope he rots there being constantly sodomized while watching a highlight reel of Mike Leach's best games.

I think his legal team is going to have a hard time proving he was fired for the gay comments, considering FSSW received thousands of anti-James twitter messages before those comments even came to light.

When you can't get even that close to 10% of the vote in Texas as an ex-football star, football commentator, and a Republican, you really are a spectacular failure at being popular.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Strange to see all these high scores people are picking for Alabama/Ole Miss. I'm feeling quite down on it, personally. I'll still have Alabama winning, but it'll be a close game.

Not me.

I saw the pure talent of Ole Miss take down the top 10 Texas Longhorns.

I think bama wins, but I think y'all have some pretty serious issues to the point where it's possible you could lose however unlikely and I figured why not

pxleyes

Banned
Yep, looks like the rumors were true. Some test must have come back positive for him.

Easley, however, tweeted “Gatornation, thank you for all 4 yrs of sticking with me but God has something else planned and have no worries.” That would seem to indicate that tests have come back and the injury is more than a “tweak.”

damn it all

tokkun

Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 10
South Carolina @ UCF by 15
SMU @ TCU by 7
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 14
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 11
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 4
USC @ Arizona State by 7

andycapps

I'm leaning toward it being closer for Bama than I would have said before. But still, by "closer" I'm thinking 14pts.
I'm not convinced yet that Ole Miss is anything other than Ole Miss. I guess there's a possibility that they could spoil things for Bama or another top team but I don't see them being good enough to be a legit contender. Should Bama be on upset alert? I think you should be in any game, but particularly after an underwhelming previous week against a team that had a lot of confidence and young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom