• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no michigan state/Alabama series in 2016 & 2017. Alabama backed out because of schedule concerns related to going to a 9 game conference schedule.

At least they told everybody far in advance and not a few months prior to the game like WVU did to us last year.

ag-my001

The assigned seating at A&M worked pretty well, at least between the 40's where seniors and grad students sat. You'd get a few extra people in each row, but the ushers were good at catching a mass of people in the first quarter by asking to see tickets. Keeping it under control early helped a lot, as well as giving the student body good seats that made every game worth it.

Except for the Coach Fran years.

Talon

Northwestern was great. Just swipe your student ID, and it's first come, first serve.

Got first row seats for the Ted Ginn beat down. And then for that Conley-Oden team.

Never got locked out of a game. Came in the 4th quarter for that Wisci upset and mobbed the field.

/NorthwesterngradgonnaNorthwestern
At least they told you far in advance and not a few months prior to the game like WVU did to us last year.
Or when Vandy bitched out against Northwestern and OSU. With a mailed letter. :jnc

What a shame that EA can't re-package 80% of the same material and charge full price for it again next year.

On the bright side, if they ever do make the game again they will have the opportunity to fix the fucking name to reflect the current season.

What a shame that EA can't re-package 80% of the same material and charge full price for it again next year.

On the bright side, if they ever do make the game again they will have the opportunity to fix the fucking name to reflect the current season.
I know right? Did you see the FIFA 2014 3DS thread? They are just updating the rosters from 2013 and selling it new for $40.

Schlep

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 17
South Carolina @ UCF by 14
SMU @ TCU by 24
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 7
LSU @ Georgia by 10
Florida State @ Boston College by 21
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 7
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 18
Arizona @ Washington by 14
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 14
USC @ Arizona State by 4

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Northwestern was great. Just swipe your student ID, and it's first come, first serve.

That's how it is at Tech, or at least was last time I checked.

I think some people are looking into figuring out a different way to do it but I kind of like the system. Sucked a little when I was in school having to go line up 3 or 4 hours before the game so I could get at least two spots next to each other but I think under a reserved ticketing system you would have a lot of students not showing up until just before gametime and the raucous atmosphere would suffer for it. I like having a completely full student section getting rowdy during pregame 2 hours before the game starts.

Subitai

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 4

rest later...and finished

South Carolina @ UCF by 4
SMU @ TCU by 16
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 24
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 13
Arizona @ Washington by 11
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 17
USC @ Arizona State by 4

Talon

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 6

South Carolina @ UCF by 12
SMU @ TCU by 2
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 3
LSU @ Georgia by 6
Florida State @ Boston College by 14
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 6
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 10
Arizona @ Washington by 8
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 6
USC @ Arizona State by 3

Schmitty

picks updated

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83532281&postcount=100

South Carolina @ UCF by 4 upset special
SMU @ TCU by 6 have been burned twice by TCU they better not make it 3
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 8
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 14
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 10
Arizona @ Washington by 9
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 6
USC @ Arizona State by 7

South Carolina @ UCF by 10
SMU @ TCU by 10
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 7
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 10
Iowa @ Minnesota by 7
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 10
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 7
USC @ Arizona State by 7

Draconian

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 10
South Carolina @ UCF by 7
SMU @ TCU by 10
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 3
LSU @ Georgia by 3
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 7
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 17
Arizona @ Washington by 10
USC @ Arizona State by 10

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 10
South Carolina @ UCF by 10
SMU @ TCU by 14
LSU @ Georgia by 6
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 10
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 14
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 12
USC @ Arizona State by 6

AntoneM

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 6
South Carolina @ UCF by 11
SMU @ TCU by 16
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 6
LSU @ Georgia by 6
Florida State @ Boston College by 16
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 6
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 9
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 10
USC @ Arizona State by 6

Just in time!!

impirius

Because of next gen I guess? I can't say I'm terribly sorry to see it go.

Nah, it's because of a few selfish people who want some sort of "payment" for "being represented in a popular video game". They're afraid of the legal ramifications.

South Carolina DE #7 could be literally anybody!

MrJames

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by 7
South Carolina @ UCF by 13
SMU @ TCU by 18
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 6
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 31
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 9
Iowa @ Minnesota by 5
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 8
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 24
USC @ Arizona State by 6

That's how it is at Tech, or at least was last time I checked.

I think some people are looking into figuring out a different way to do it but I kind of like the system. Sucked a little when I was in school having to go line up 3 or 4 hours before the game so I could get at least two spots next to each other but I think under a reserved ticketing system you would have a lot of students not showing up until just before gametime and the raucous atmosphere would suffer for it. I like having a completely full student section getting rowdy during pregame 2 hours before the game starts.

I guess that system works for most games, but for BIG games where demand far out reaches supply it could benefit only those willing to skip class and camp out in front of the ticket office for a few days. Definitely hurts those who have a test the friday before, but still really want to go to the game. Sometimes a lottery system is preferable for those types of games. I know student tix to the RRS are distributed by lottery at UT and that seems to work.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't blame all of you who took my team GT if you want to take your pick back already.

2 fumbles = joke of a team

bachikarn

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech too late
South Carolina @ UCF by 14
SMU @ TCU by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 18
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 14
USC @ Arizona State by 7

South Carolina @ UCF by 3
SMU @ TCU by 24
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 2
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 8
Iowa @ Minnesota by 7
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 3
Arizona @ Washington by 21
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 10
USC @ Arizona State by 4

I didn't catch who they were, but I love listening to these announcers on the Iowa St. v. Tulsa game on FS1. I wish they could somehow do all the B12 games on FS1.

Karl2177

I changed the channel expecting a 21-0 Tulsa route. It's 14-14 at halftime...chill. plus, you're going to beat Kansas

I'm starting to think that most of my rage is coming from dealing with these Fox Sports commentators. I'm gonna have another beer and throw it on mute for the second half.

^oh god ugggghhhhh

I'm going to the UCF game! I expect it to be a decent game to watch. The cocks secondary is awful but I don't know if UCF can hang with Carolina's offense. I guess we'll see.

Lucky bastard. I'll be stuck in fuckin Gainesville until 3. I haven't even fully comprehended how on edge I'm going to be Saturday. But I expect to be partying when I get back to Orlando that night celebrating a victory. And Brighthouse will be rocking - especially the students.

I think it will be a good game. Defense is a question for us, but our offense is humming along. We have at least 5 WRs that are dangerous along with an improving RB and of course an NFL caliber QB in Blake Bortles. If the offensive line can keep up what they did against Penn St, we will have a damn good chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom