• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Pimpwerx

Bring back Leak and Tebow

And Harvin and Murphy

and Hernandez

Or...fire Muschamp. This is the top program in the state, but it looks like Al Golden has managed to out-recruit him even with the Sword of Damacles hanging over his program's head for 3 years. At least Zook was still able to recruit top talent.

Muschamp has had two different OCs here and the offense hasn't gotten any better. The talent on the field has only gotten worse as the last of Meyer's classes leave. If something isn't done after this season, we're in jeopardy of falling off the national map again. I don't know about you guys, but I see the writing on the wall. Muschamp has to go.

4-8 against ranked teams now. He has to go. PEACE.

zychi

Banned
BWaPDj3CMAE1M0e.jpg
Whats wrong with that? Theres no horse collar rule in college football. Is it a hold?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So yeah I do not get it. You have told me what you are not pissed about, but what are you pissed about?

The difference is you're talking about me like I have some all consuming hatred for TCU when it's not the case. "Pissed" isn't the word.

Wishing we had brought in a different team and enjoying seeing their small crowds because we compete for the same recruits doesn't mean I have a "two minute hate" to video of Patterson tying his shoes every day.

Maybe you are one of those who was happy when the Southwest Conference was dissolved. I doubt you know what that even is without looking it up. Decades of history turned to shit so every other year you could play Mizz and Nebraska just so that they could move on before any real rivalry was created. Now we have awesome rivals like Kansas versus Tech. So sexy.

Are you really angry that a team was brought into the conference, that did not maximize profits for television? Like that is a thing that as a sports fan, you care about. "NBC could have made such more if The Big 12 had chosen BYU!"

Yeah you are a super sports fan with that attitude.
I was about 13 when the Southwest Conference dissolved and didn't think much about conference affiliations at the time.

You can't seriously think a conference like the Southwest Conference could survive today, though. Far too many small private schools, far too little geographic coverage. It does suck that we don't have as many good local rivalries anymore but being angry at the Southwest Conference being disbanded is like being angry that the sun will come up tomorrow. 8 teams, all in the same state, with half the lineup being small private schools would be the definition of mediocrity in today's world. Would have a hard time adding 4 more schools to that lineup that would manage to elevate it past C-USA level.

tokkun

So far the only Michigan game I have seen this season was against Notre Dame, where they looked great. What exactly is their problem?

jakncoke

Banned
I like how there been like 8 Big 10 hockey commercials during the game. How many people actually care about college hockey lol

FUCKKKKKKKK

reKon

Banned
I'll laugh if Michigan ends up winning this in close one like their other games where they were quite fortunate at the right times.

Unless they improve their defense substantially, I can't see them beating us at all at this point because we actually have an offense established now.

C4Lukins

The difference is you're talking about me like I have some all consuming hatred for TCU when it's not the case. "Pissed" isn't the word.

Wishing we had brought in a different team and enjoying seeing their small crowds because we compete for the same recruits doesn't mean I have a "two minute hate" to video of Patterson tying his shoes every day.

What financial stake do you have in the Big 12? If you are a fan of football, you want the best teams in your conference. Miss, Nebraska, and Colorado were big market teams, but they were destroyed by the other teams in the conference. TCU is a competitive team.no it will not bring as much money to the conference as other teams, but they are not a Vanderbilt, a Kansas, or even an Iowa State. They demand respect and they can hang with the best of them.

Tech is 6-0 for the first time in school history? Did I hear that right? Favorable schedule aside, that's a monumental accomplishment for Kingsbury as a first year HC

TylerD

That was a lot of explosions for such a bad team there Kentucky.

Time to break out the cheap beer, crank up the sound system and watch cars go around in circles for 500 miles. Woo NASCAR!!

Tech is 6-0 for the first time in school history? Did I hear that right? Favorable schedule aside, that's a monumental accomplishment for Kingsbury as a first year HC

Yeah, the Kingsbury love fest is on here in Lubbock.

Top Bottom