• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Separated Shoulder. I'm assuming thats worse than a dislocated shoulder

Depends on the grade of separation, though in general I think they would likely be a little worse than dislocations. "Separated shoulder" could be anything from a few strained ligaments to the collarbone becoming dislodged and tearing through a bunch of muscle tissue. Types 1 through 3 in that link (which are the ones that basically only affect the AC ligaments) are more common by far than 4 through 6 (which are the ones where your collarbone starts jacking everything else up), so if he got a shoulder separation it was most likely one of those first three and recovery would be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

I would hazard a guess that separations on average have longer recovery time than dislocations, but the "good" thing about separations versus dislocations is that having a separation doesn't make you more likely to have them in the future while having a dislocation DOES make it more likely that you have future dislocations. A lot of guys with dislocations are back a week or two later but ultimately keep hurting themselves again and again; once you're back from a separation you're pretty much just back.

I'm sure he's been composing a post all day. Had to make some last minute edits on the defensive statistics section since they didn't look to hot against ISU. I'll read it Pristine, I promise!

Actually, I rarely post about Texas Tech on gameday.

Cyan is just trolling me as usual in this thread. I guess the humiliation he experienced in the 2004 Holiday Bowl still stings.

Pimpwerx

Depends on the grade of separation. "Separated shoulder" could be anything from a few strained ligaments to the collarbone becoming dislodged and tearing through a bunch of muscle tissue. Types 1 through 3 in that link (which are the ones that basically only affect the AC ligaments) are more common by far than 4 through 6 (which are the ones where your collarbone starts jacking everything else up), so if he got a shoulder separation it was most likely one of those first three and recovery would be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Was it his throwing shoulder? If so, he's not gonna be the same again. I'm always wary of QBs with shoulder surgeries on their throwing arms. PEACE.

Kevtones

Mariota Stats now:

Passing: 1714 yards, 17 TDs, 0 INTs
Rushing: 41 Attempts, 426 yards, 8 TDs

Also after 6 games, Oregon has yet to turn the ball over with Marcus Mariota in the game.

C4Lukins

I do want the best teams in my conference. I also acknowledge the reality of the marketplace. TCU isn't the only team out there that can "hang with the best of them," and other options would also have provided monetary advantages on top.

You mentioned BYU earlier, and they're a good example, even though I personally wasn't a big fan of them possibly entering either due to their location and lack of other good nearby candidates. They can hang with the big boys as well as TCU has but they would bring a new market along with that competitiveness.

West Virginia is also pretty far away but there are other options near them that could be added to make the conference more contiguous (or at least could have been added at the time all this was going down); Louisville, Cincinnatti, etc. My problem with the WVU addition to the conference is that they're way out in the middle of nowhere with respect to everybody else in the conference; Lubbock is actually closer to every single Big XII school than WVU is to any of them (furthest school from Lubbock is ISU, closest school to Morgantown is ISU, and Lubbock is closer to ISU than Morgantown is). If/when we expand again I'd like to see some additions either down the east coast or across the east-ish part of the midwest to give them some more natural rivalries.

Fuck it man. It is a sport, let's have fun with it. I am glad TCU is in the Big 12, and I could make arguments that other schools are more deserving. No need for drawn out debates on the matter.

Fuck it man. It is a sport, let's have fun with it. I am glad TCU is in the Big 12, and I could make arguments that other schools are more deserving. No need for drawn out debates on the matter.

Let's just all agree that they are a better fit for the Big XII than UNT or CJK5H University. TCU is the best DFW school for the Big XII no doubt

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I love how they're still calling funchess a TE. He hasn't played TE since half way through the UConn game. Jake Butt and AJ Williams are now the TE's and Funchess is a WR. A very big WR.

Let's just all agree that they are a better fit for the Big XII than UNT or CJK5H University. TCU is the best DFW school for the Big XII no doubt

I will give them their props on this: Of all the many, many fans of Texas schools that hate Craig James, they are second only to Texas Tech in pure, seething hatred for him. So they can't be that bad.

C4Lukins

I will give them their props on this: Of all the many, many fans of Texas schools that hate Craig James, they are second only to Texas Tech in pure, seething hatred for him. So they can't be that bad.

Yes we do really hate Craig James. We had to endure him as a local sports news personality before he made it big. Plus SMU, and him whining like a bitch about his son.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yes we do really hate Craig James. We had to endure him as a local sports news personality before he made it big. Plus SMU, and him whining like a bitch about his son.

It was always amusing to me how through three years of a fairly intense split in the Tech fanbase due to the whole Leach thing both sides could always agree on hating Craig James.

JHall

If we get rid of Muschamp we aren't going to get the "best" coach available with the USC and most likely Texas job being open at the end of the season.

Top Bottom