• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Pimpwerx

I'm so fucking mad right now. I've never spent the first 5 games of a season swearing at different parts of a team I love. Gators are my favorite team, point blank. More than the Heat, Dolphins, Marlins or Panthers. This is the sport and the team I care the most about. I've gone from hating Driskel's guts (even when he won a game) to hating Muschamp's guts, to hating Humphries' guts to wanting Muschamp's head on a stick.

This is not some rinky-dink, pos program from the panhandle or Coral Gables. This is supposed to be the premiere program in the entire state. Right now, I'm almost certain we'll end up losing to both the Canes and the Noles in the same year. Hell, I shudder at the thought of the ass-beating FSU is going to put on us. This can't happen. We have the advantage in recruiting and funding. We have the best fan base. Yet...here we are.

3-2 this season

4-8 in games against ranked teams.

Lost to an unranked Miami team who play no defense, are shaky on offense and are only ranked and undefeated by virtue of their powder-puff schedule.

HC was a DC, yet the defense has holes in it.

2 different OCs have been here, but the offense has remained conservative throughout, and looks like absolute shit even against bad defenses.

Our current QB is clearly leagues better than the piece of garbage that started the season, but he only got a chance to play because God broke Driskel's leg for us.

Hell, Driskel was allowed to shit the bed all last season, even when it was clear he was completely overwhelmed by the job.

4 and fucking 8 against ranked teams!

We had a real chance to recover from the Miami game by winning our half of the bracket and going to the SECCG, but now we drop a game to the most-beatable LSU team in years, and perennial nobodies Mizzou look likely to tear us a new asshole next week.

We're gonna get murdered by FSU...fucking murdered.

Meyer's recruiting classes are either transferred or graduating, and what's left looks incapable and unworthy of gracing the hallowed grounds of The Swamp.

What shitty Backwater Bowl are we going to need luck to make this year? Seriously? We're looking like early bowl week fodder for mid-major conference team to style on. I'm mad because the last hope of salvaging respect this season just went down the shitter. I'm not gonna pretend making a bowl is something to be proud of, because it's not. This is a BCS team, period. We play for the computers at the end of the year, not some charity event in the middle of who the fuck cares. It's all circling the drain, but Muschamp is the giant floater that needs to be flushed.

I'd love nothing more than to have the AD dump Muschamp at the terminal Kiffin style, and promote the OC for the remainder of the season. I don't live near Gainesville, so I'd love to know what the pulse of the fans is like there. Are they as pissed-off as I am? I know the Gators alums on my FB are all in agreement with me. This douchetard has to go, and has to go fast. We're losing the interest of top recruits by the week, playing like this. I never thought aTm and Mizzou would join the and quickly become major SEC players ahead of us. This can't go on much longer.

I'm fucking pissed. Time to take a walk. PEACE.

Are they really? How have we not been swamped with smug posts from that one dude?

I'm sure he's been composing a post all day. Had to make some last minute edits on the defensive statistics section since they didn't look to hot against ISU. I'll read it Pristine, I promise!

dakilla13

Oregon just has more talent than UW. I would give Sark one more year of recruiting (and undo-ing Tyrone Willingham's shittiness) to build a program that can win against Oregon.

C4Lukins

Muschamp tricks you with his enthusiasm. The UT defense was not good when he coached it. But he was so animated that it looked like he was doing a good job.

cdyhybrid

Oregon just has more talent than UW. I would give Sark one more year of recruiting (and undo-ing Tyrone Willingham's shittiness) to build a program that can win against Oregon.
This is his fifth season. We'll have a QB making his first college start in the first game next season. This was the year.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
What financial stake do you have in the Big 12? If you are a fan of football, you want the best teams in your conference. Miss, Nebraska, and Colorado were big market teams, but they were destroyed by the other teams in the conference. TCU is a competitive team.no it will not bring as much money to the conference as other teams, but they are not a Vanderbilt, a Kansas, or even an Iowa State. They demand respect and they can hang with the best of them.

I do want the best teams in my conference. I also acknowledge the reality of the marketplace. TCU isn't the only team out there that can "hang with the best of them," and other options would also have provided monetary advantages on top.

You mentioned BYU earlier, and they're a good example, even though I personally wasn't a big fan of them possibly entering either due to their location and lack of other good nearby candidates. They can hang with the big boys as well as TCU has but they would bring a new market along with that competitiveness.

West Virginia is also pretty far away but there are other options near them that could be added to make the conference more contiguous (or at least could have been added at the time all this was going down); Louisville, Cincinnatti, etc. My problem with the WVU addition to the conference is that they're way out in the middle of nowhere with respect to everybody else in the conference; Lubbock is actually closer to every single Big XII school than WVU is to any of them (furthest school from Lubbock is ISU, closest school to Morgantown is ISU, and Lubbock is closer to ISU than Morgantown is). If/when we expand again I'd like to see some additions either down the east coast or across the east-ish part of the midwest to give them some more natural rivalries.

bachikarn

Our AD, Foley dropped the ball with Muschamp. I'm not as down on him as others, but I don't see why he warranted a HC job without any experience. At least take Charlie Strong if you were going to do that.

Quake1028

I'm so fucking mad right now. I've never spent the first 5 games of a season swearing at different parts of a team I love. Gators are my favorite team, point blank. More than the Heat, Dolphins, Marlins or Panthers. This is the sport and the team I care the most about. I've gone from hating Driskel's guts (even when he won a game) to hating Muschamp's guts, to hating Humphries' guts to wanting Muschamp's head on a stick.

This is not some rinky-dink, pos program from the panhandle or Coral Gables. This is supposed to be the premiere program in the entire state. Right now, I'm almost certain we'll end up losing to both the Canes and the Noles in the same year. Hell, I shudder at the thought of the ass-beating FSU is going to put on us. This can't happen. We have the advantage in recruiting and funding. We have the best fan base. Yet...here we are.

3-2 this season

4-8 in games against ranked teams.

Lost to an unranked Miami team who play no defense, are shaky on offense and are only ranked and undefeated by virtue of their powder-puff schedule.

HC was a DC, yet the defense has holes in it.

2 different OCs have been here, but the offense has remained conservative throughout, and looks like absolute shit even against bad defenses.

Our current QB is clearly leagues better than the piece of garbage that started the season, but he only got a chance to play because God broke Driskel's leg for us.

Hell, Driskel was allowed to shit the bed all last season, even when it was clear he was completely overwhelmed by the job.

4 and fucking 8 against ranked teams!

We had a real chance to recover from the Miami game by winning our half of the bracket and going to the SECCG, but now we drop a game to the most-beatable LSU team in years, and perennial nobodies Mizzou look likely to tear us a new asshole next week.

We're gonna get murdered by FSU...fucking murdered.

Meyer's recruiting classes are either transferred or graduating, and what's left looks incapable and unworthy of gracing the hallowed grounds of The Swamp.

What shitty Backwater Bowl are we going to need luck to make this year? Seriously? We're looking like early bowl week fodder for mid-major conference team to style on. I'm mad because the last hope of salvaging respect this season just went down the shitter. I'm not gonna pretend making a bowl is something to be proud of, because it's not. This is a BCS team, period. We play for the computers at the end of the year, not some charity event in the middle of who the fuck cares. It's all circling the drain, but Muschamp is the giant floater that needs to be flushed.

I'd love nothing more than to have the AD dump Muschamp at the terminal Kiffin style, and promote the OC for the remainder of the season. I don't live near Gainesville, so I'd love to know what the pulse of the fans is like there. Are they as pissed-off as I am? I know the Gators alums on my FB are all in agreement with me. This douchetard has to go, and has to go fast. We're losing the interest of top recruits by the week, playing like this. I never thought aTm and Mizzou would join the and quickly become major SEC players ahead of us. This can't go on much longer.

I'm fucking pissed. Time to take a walk. PEACE.

So when did you switch from UM to UF? 2006 or so?

pxleyes

Banned
We can probably still get Strong. I don't think Muschamp was a bad decision. It is not unlike Foley to pick an unproven coach. It is just that his track record had been pretty good up until this point.

dakilla13

This is his fifth season. We'll have a QB making his first college start in the first game next season. This was the year.

I can't believe it's been 5 years already, I was there his first season when we upset USC :(. Yeah maybe a new coach is needed. Who's the new starting qb? Lindquist?

Tech is 6-0 for the first time in school history? Did I hear that right? Favorable schedule aside, that's a monumental accomplishment for Kingsbury as a first year HC

Nah. Not at all.

Kliff Kingsbury is the first Texas Tech head coach to win his first 6 games as head coach.

Since the formation of the Big 12, Texas Tech started 10-0 in 2008, and also started 6-0 in 2005.

Wish I could watch Stanford @ Utah. Pac-12 network I'm assuming?

Nah. Not at all.

Kliff Kingsbury is the first Texas Tech head coach to win his first 6 games as head coach.

Since the formation of the Big 12, Texas Tech started 10-0 in 2008, and also started 6-0 in 2005.

Yep, that was the qualifier I missed. Thanks for clarifying

cdyhybrid

I can't believe it's been 5 years already, I was there his first season when we upset USC :(. Yeah maybe a new coach is needed. Who's the new starting qb? Lindquist?
Cyler Miles is the backup now, so probably him, but him, Lindquist, or Troy Williams could win it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It is crazy to me to think that, depending on how far OU falls after that drubbing, Tech could be the second highest ranked team in the Big XII tomorrow morning, trailing only Baylor. I don't think it'll last, since I still think the specific weaknesses we have mean that some blowout losses wouldn't surprise me all that much, but if we manage a 3-3 record over the latter half of the season I'll be pretty excited.

At the beginning of the season, with the troubles we already knew we would have on the OL and the news that Brewer was hurt and we'd be going true-freshman-QB-by-committee, if you offered me an 8 win season I probably would have taken it without a second thought. Now, halfway through the season, better than that is a very realistic possibility.

Hell, we could realistically lose all 6 remaining games and I wouldn't be incredibly surprised at that, either. What a strange season in the Big XII.

bachikarn

We can probably still get Strong. I don't think Muschamp was a bad decision. It is not unlike Foley to pick an unproven coach. It is just that his track record had been pretty good up until this point.

1) There are rumors that Strong is pissed that Foley didn't pick him the first time. Out of any AD in America, Foley knows him the best. So he felt snubbed.

2) Is Foley's track record really that good? Billy D was his best get. He hired the Zook (awful), and Meyer. Meyer was a great decision, but it was also very obvious and Machen basically told him he should be #1 on the list.

Pimpwerx

So when did you switch from UM to UF? 2006 or so?

Hurr hurr. Gators only won one title with Spurrier, but under him, contending for the SEC championship was a tradition. Gators fans don't require national championships, but if we're not players in the SEC, then you deserve to be fired. Let me know what team Spurrier was coaching in 2006. PEACE.

Top Bottom