• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://bamahammer.com/2015/10/22/hilarious-tennessee-fan-voicemails-left-for-lane-kiffin/
Site probably is loaded with spyware, and there's some ad playing that I had to kill a plugin to stop, but hey, Vol fans got a hold of what they believed was Lane Kiffin's phone number, and proceed to leave a bunch of voice mails and texts. Course, it was just a prank, and this site uploaded a bunch of them, so basically it's like an unfiltered version of Finebaum. Oh, and eat a dick, Lane.

I had no idea this was Alabama v. Tennessee week. Usually mre makes a big deal out of it but he has been rather calm this week leading up to the game.

Ryuuroden

"With the help and input of the faculty, staff, students, search committee and search firm, I feel we exceeded that expectation and I'm honored to bring Dr. Steinmetz from an institution as respected and renowned as Ohio State to the UA System."

- Donald Bobbitt, via Amanda Etchison, The Lantern

Ohio State's executive vice president and provost Joseph Steinmetz has been named the new chancellor of the University of Arkansas, pending approval from the Board of Trustees of the university's system. Steinmetz will start on January 1 of next year. Steinmetz was named a finalist for the position earlier this month, and had also received consideration from the University of Iowa as university president, as well as the University of Texas, until he withdrew his name for consideration.

Per the Lantern, Steinmetz said, "I want you to know that my six-plus years at Ohio State as executive dean and more recently as executive vice president and provost have been wonderfully rewarding and I have appreciated the opportunity to work with all of you on behalf of all the faculty, students and staff at The Ohio State University." Ohio State spokesman Chris Davey said that the school was working on finding an interim VP and provost for Steinmetz, who has been at Ohio State since 2009, and would make an announcement next month. While Ohio State will miss Steinmetz, it's nice to know that Bret Bielema will have to answer to a Buckeye.

Wonder how they will get along.

jjasper

It's fun seeing Tennessee fans think they can beat Bama because they beat Georgia. They're going to take a royal spanking.

People believe that? LOL. Thinking you have a chance because Dobbs fits the profile of qbs that have given Bama trouble and we actually have talent this year, sure. Thinking you can win cause you came back and beat a team that the team you are about to play beat the dogshit out of really doesn't make sense.

I had no idea this was Alabama v. Tennessee week. Usually mre makes a big deal out of it but he has been rather calm this week leading up to the game.

I still have a cigar purchased in 2007. Probably has cobwebs on it at this point.

https://twitter.com/USCTMB/status/657595643389571072

CSA_wBgUEAA_xsP.jpg

Lonestar

People believe that? LOL. Thinking you have a chance because Dobbs fits the profile of qbs that have given Bama trouble and we actually have talent this year, sure. Thinking you can win cause you came back and beat a team that the team you are about to play beat the dogshit out of really doesn't make sense.

I still have a cigar purchased in 2007. Probably has cobwebs on it at this point.

Having Tennessee change up their entire offensive style midgame last year, hurt.

This time, I think we are going in expecting some QB runs. I expect pain to be inflicted when they try.

I do like the whole "Alabama has problems with mobile quarterbacks who are having statistically perfect days throwing the ball." I'm sure Alabama is the only team in America that can't stop perfect running and throwing quarterbacks.

Chris R

I might just eat the $70 ticket to the Texas game tomorrow... It's going to be fucking pouring. I have to drive an hour to get to Austin and then hope the game isn't called for thunder... and I only have my rain coat...

Guess I should get a couple of ponchos to take too.

Ganhyun

I might just eat the $70 ticket to the Texas game tomorrow... It's going to be fucking pouring. I have to drive an hour to get to Austin and then hope the game isn't called for thunder... and I only have my rain coat...

That hurricane hitting Mexico and whats left coming up into Texas is gonna be rough. Might see alot of canceled/delayed games if its too bad.

We tried that before and it didn't go well.
Weird, out of the hundreds of Notre Dame fans, mine was set to a disturbingly close high school (that I did not attend or frankly have ever given much thought to before now.)

If Iowa somehow goes undefeated Kirk Ferentz is going to get a $2 billion contract extension through 2115.
If Iowa goes undefeated, the state will forfeit all their lands to him and pronounce him Governor of Iowa forever.
lqx1F65.jpg

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 31

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) - COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) - NO COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) - NO COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) - NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) - COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech - COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) - COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) - NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC - NO COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers - COVER

There's a difference between having a remote chance, and thinking you'll definitely do something. Tennessee has the former.

Well, the argument is basically "Nobody said we'd beat Georgia and we did." Of course, nobody thought Georgia would lose its best player on the first play of the game.

Anyway I understand wanting to be optimistic. The truth is I really like watching Tennessee lose.

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 20

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) NO COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) NO COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech NO COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers COVER

UCF is going to get destroyed hard. Just some happenings from the last few years in UCF-UH games...

2009 - UH #15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rK60Dkgg0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=262ByEjRuwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDbLRhVEccY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_IFO_Wz6Ak

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 37

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) NO COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

ag-my001

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 23

Saturday
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers NO COVER

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 45

Saturday
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) - COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) - NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) - COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) - NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC - COVER

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 22

Saturday
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) - NO COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) - COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) - No COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) - COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC - COVER

Man up. I stood out in the rain for the Clemson/ND game after driving two and a half hours, and that was just as bad (probably worse).

Lonestar

US (Total # of Turnovers) - 17

Saturday
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) NO COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Memphis. How did you give away the hail mary?

That's really close to a TD. I think it probably should be but I don't know that it's "indisputable" enough to overturn the call.

Gig'em
GoldenEye 007
MrJames
cashpickset

Get your Yahoo picks in. Tulsa/Memphis is a game you've already missed.

Pro-tip
this is for you, GoldenEye
: Skip confidence point 1.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hearing Mack Brown mention the luck involved in recruiting QBs and talking about recruiting them as DBs, that's good stuff.

Chris R

Man up. I stood out in the rain for the Clemson/ND game after driving two and a half hours, and that was just as bad (probably worse).

I'll give it a go. Worst case scenario, the game is called because of thunder and I get drunk somewhere downtown Austin.

Not raining now, just muggy as fuck.

Lonestar

assuming recruiting scouting during a bye week, as Georgia isn't playing tomorrow.

Oh, guess that Eason kid is a UGA commit, so doubly so that UGA would be in attendance, to continue to prove to Eason that they want him.

pxleyes

Banned
BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 36

Saturday
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER