• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm telling you. Biggest squandering by any college program in any sport. Texas should be top 10 every year, and they can't even sniff the top 50 with their play.

Every program goes through slumps. Alabama was in a huge slump 15-20 years ago or so. Now look at them

Jhriad

If only the Wisconson academics board wasn't full of idiots. I'm serious that program has EVERYTHING to be a national power. They just can't get the board to lower academic standards to the level every other program has. It's a joke.

If only there were schools out there with high academic standards that have met with success. Oh, there are? Nvm.

Every program goes through slumps. Alabama was in a huge slump 15-20 years ago or so. Now look at them

15-20 years ago? Hell RIGHT BEFORE SABAN GOT THERE they sucked and were in a huge huge huge slump.

Michigan is in a worse slump than Texas is. Texas just needs a recruiting cycle.

If only there were schools out there with high academic standards that have met with success. Oh, there are? Nvm.

There's a difference between high standards and no exceptions ridiculousness. The board turned away basically every high 4* and higher recruit they've had over the past ten years.

I only care about Texas' awfulness because every other program in that state is totally fucking obnoxious and I badly want Texas to shut them all up again.

Josh5890

If only the Wisconson academics board wasn't full of idiots. I'm serious that program has EVERYTHING to be a national power. They just can't get the board to lower academic standards to the level every other program has. It's a joke.

Big Ten is about more then sports. Some of these kids go to school to actually learn.

SCChappy

Banned
15-20 years ago? Hell RIGHT BEFORE SABAN GOT THERE they sucked and were in a huge huge huge slump.

Michigan is in a worse slump than Texas is. Texas just needs a recruiting cycle.

Mack Brown fucked up a lot of recruiting and we're stuck with players that aren't quite at the level that they need to be at yet. Strong needs time to get it up and running.

Josh5890

Yea, after Llyod Carr retired that school slumped horribly. I think Jim will do his usual, win big and change the culture, then book it after 4-5 years because everyone is sick of him.

Look at Florida. Five years ago it was all about the Gators, not the Seminoles. Now it is the opposite.

I only care about Texas' awfulness because every other program in that state is totally fucking obnoxious and I badly want Texas to shut them all up again.

I don't care. the reason why I am perfectly fine with Texas sucking (at least for a while) boils down to 2 words

Longhorn Network. They wanna be Notre Dame, Go be Notre Dame and they (not completely, but they played a big part) fuck up the BIG XII super hard that it is limping right now.

I almost think Kansas could put up a better fight than Texas St. did on that drive. FSU just cut through their d-line like it was nothing.

I dunno if it's the Bobcat in me and I appreciate women in our shared colors, but goddamn Florida State has beautiful women. Way hotter than Gaters or Canes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Always seems like they catch anything long. Not sure what happened 2 years ago, but its the same story different day.

Josh5890

Longhorn Network. They wanna be Notre Dame, Go be Notre Dame and they (not completely, but they played a big part) fuck up the BIG XII super hard that it is limping right now.

Yea. It's crap like this that nearly destroyed the Big 12, and it could ruin college sports in the long run.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Stream is so low quality I can't even read the time. I want to blame ESPN but I wouldn't be surprised if Mediacom was pulling some throttling bullshit.

Crisco

Banned
dravious.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom