• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

I really don't like Jake Spavitol. Either slow play calls that can be disrupted, or super conservative that can be easily stopped. Three straight runs up the gut with no misdirection at all.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You guys my stream of Bama Wiscy is behind so please don't post about what happens until it happens for me. Thanks.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe he missed. So glad though.

You guys my stream of Bama Wiscy is behind so please don't post about what happens until it happens for me. Thanks.

Yeah, it's like 30 seconds behind for me or something. With atrocious quality 95% of the time.

Should have gone for it.. 12 point underdog Cryst and your offense is doing pretty much fantastic with what they have under qb.. You play with madness against Saban because he would surely go at you with that.

Lots of different things.

Like punt.

Ehh, just because Bama didn't do anything with that drive doesn't mean that Chryst shouldn't have gone for it.

Teams SHOULD go for it in situations like that. Statistically, it's a sound decision. Coaches are waaaaay too cautious on 4th downs. Sure, you don't go for it on 4th and 2 on your own 10 yard line, but if it's 4th and a few in your opponent's territory, you should probably go for it.

This offense is nice to see from the Gators but it's still a scrub game. The numbers put up in last years first game were pretty good too right ?

It should be clear to everybody watch just how little talent Charlie has to work with and how bad he needs a recruiting cycle to get his guys.

Jhriad

There's a difference between high standards and no exceptions ridiculousness

No, there's not. You're an academic institution and you don't make exceptions for a couple athletes that don't meet your standards. There are plenty of schools with rigorous standards that even athletes have to meet. It's on the staff to find guys that can meet those standards and keep up on how they're doing throughout the year. If anything Wisconsin really needs to invest more heavily in support staff with a focus on recruiting to ensure they're able keep tabs on everyone, evaluate/find talent, etc. This is the case with practically any major program that's isolated from the major recruiting bases around the country. From the sounds of things they're pretty loathe to loosen the purse strings up there though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This offense is nice to see from the Gators but it's still a scrub game. The numbers put up in last years first game were pretty good too right ?

Yes. And NM State is particularly horrible.

Though so was Eastern Michigan.

Nothing should ever be taken from these crap games.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ehh, just because Bama didn't do anything with that drive doesn't mean that Chryst shouldn't have gone for it.

Teams SHOULD go for it in situations like that. Statistically, it's a sound decision. Coaches are waaaaay too cautious on 4th downs. Sure, you don't go for it on 4th and 2 on your own 10 yard line, but if it's 4th and a few in your opponent's territory, you should probably go for it.

I don't disagree. Just saying I don't think Bama is going to do much in 1:20 unless they are desperate. Took one shot and then they were content to run down the clock.

I don't disagree. Just saying I don't think Bama is going to do much in 1:20 unless they are desperate. Took one shot and then they were content to run down the clock.

I was more concerned about Wisconsin's defense really starting to look weak, and potentially letting a Bama run up the middle turn into a march down the field.

Yes. And NM State is particularly horrible.

Though so was Eastern Michigan.

Nothing should ever be taken from these crap games.

I feel like I read that Eastern Michigan was like the worst FCS team but maybe I'm making that up.

It was 65-0, then the next week they had to have a 3 OT game against Kentucky.

Yeah I'll wait for a real game. And an official starter.

I feel like I read that Eastern Michigan was like the worst FCS team but maybe I'm making that up.

It was 65-0, then the next week they had to have a 3 OT game against Kentucky.

Yeah I'll wait for a real game. And an official starter.

Eastern Michigan is FBS. They're in the MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom