• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm really nervous about tomorrow. The logical-side of me just wants a close, quality game so we can build some confidence for the SEC East race. But my gut says this is the make or break week for the Butch Jones era. It screams that we HAVE to win this game or morale is going only down from here. But.... I just don't see us pulling it off.

Hoping I'm wrong (and for rain).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That was just an awful throw. USU's QB hurt? If that's the best he can do, he shouldn't be out there.

That was just an awful throw. USU's QB hurt? If that's the best he can do, he shouldn't be out there.

He can't put power into his passes. Wells needs to bench Chuckie for DJ but I don't know if he'll do it.

edit: we always needed to get + turnovers to be in this game, so it probably needs to happen soon.

mre

These announcers... How can they say "this is the first first down they've had in the second half" when they'd already had 2 on this drive?!

Edit: DOH! That poor kid dropping that pass!

AntoneM

Reminds me a bit of when ASU QB Rudy Carpenter got hit for the millionth time because we had no O-line; he was on all fours, spit out some blood and got back into position. Made me cringe... Fuck Dennis Erickson.

mre

Oh my Lord... that pass wasn't intended for the guy that tipped it, was it?

If you told me we'd be down 3 turnovers and only lose by 10 points before this game, I'd be shocked.

The USU offense is way, way better than last week but is still not a cohesive unit.

edit: gg. Lots to build on. Hope Chuckie can walk it off for next week.

Skiesofwonder

I had a dream last night that Tennessee was down 3-21 going into the 4th. Dobbs was also injured. Sooooooooo, let's hope my dream doesn't come true.

That's more like a nightmare! Obviously we have zero to no chance of making the playoffs, so in the grand scheme of things this game doesn't mean shit outside of talking heads and team morale. For Dobbs to get hurt, it would pretty much smash any chance we have of taking the east. Dormady looks good so far, but we don't exactly have a schedule that will allow us to experience the growing pains of a young QB and still win games.

I'm now simmering my expectations to just playing well and staying healthy tonight! Thanks for the reality check (ironically via a dream lol)!

andycapps

This should probably be the most embarrassing picture of Vandy.
I laughed

slhuLMDh.jpg

That's more like a nightmare! Obviously we have zero to no chance of making the playoffs, so in the grand scheme of things this game doesn't mean shit outside of talking heads and team morale. For Dobbs to get hurt, it would pretty much smash any chance we have of taking the east. Dormady looks good so far, but we don't exactly have a schedule that will allow us to experience the growing pains of a young QB and still win games.

I'm now simmering my expectations to just playing well and staying healthy tonight! Thanks for the reality check (ironically via a dream lol)!
Haha! I'm glad I could help. But seriously though, this game isn't the end of the world for Tennessee but it would go a long way for this season. I think the game is pretty much a 50/50 at this point. If Tennessee wins, it'll be close like 31-30 close. If Oklahoma wins, I feel it'll be more of a blowout type win like 45-17 kinda deal.

So I'm hoping Tennessee wins. :D

yo wait. miami is playing AT FAU.......

edit:

Holy shit, theyre playing @toledo, @arkansas st, @FIU and @ rutgers the next few years. Miami officially a mid major

I don't want hear it from Toledo when they beat a wounded Miami at the Glass Bowl. It doesn't make you a better team. Get back down in the MAC West cellar where you belong.

FSU/USF game about to come on. I'm still in awe how far USF has fallen. They retuned 9k tickets to FSU for the game today.

I'm shocked FSU allotted that many too I guess.

JCX

Houston v. Louisville (-12.5) NO COVER
Oregon State v. Michigan (-15.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-19.5) v. Virginia COVER
Iowa (-7.5) v. Iowa State NO COVER
Oklahoma (-7.5) v. Tennessee COVER
Oregon (-3.5) v. Michigan State NO COVER
LSU (-9.5) v. MSU NO COVER
UCF v. Stanford (-14.5) NO COVER

I wish I was at MSU. :(

Fuck busy season...

I may only go to the game @Michigan this year. I've never been to a bowl game, so I want to save for that this season.

Skiesofwonder

Haha! I'm glad I could help. But seriously though, this game isn't the end of the world for Tennessee but it would go a long way for this season. I think the game is pretty much a 50/50 at this point. If Tennessee wins, it'll be close like 31-30 close. If Oklahoma wins, I feel it'll be more of a blowout type win like 45-17 kinda deal.

So I'm hoping Tennessee wins. :D

I'm praying Tennessee wins, and I don't even believe in such things. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom