• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Because even though Nebraska sells out it's own stadium, it's a bunch of bluehair generational ticket holders that never fucking know when to get loud and they get knocked out of the game reaaaaaal easy if Nebraska starts slipping even once.

Most of the loud Nebraska fans are stuck watching it at home or in the bar.

Comments from players/coaches on Big Ten teams that played against Nebraska in Lincoln disagree with you.

Nebraska gets plenty loud still when it matters, and against the right opposition.

You can't get too upset for the stadium not to be rocking against Wyoming.

Hell, Nebraska fans caused Northwestern to have to go to a silent count.... AT NORTHWESTERN.

FyreWulff

Hell, Nebraska fans caused Northwestern to have to go to a silent count.... AT NORTHWESTERN.

to be fair, pretty much any team can make Northwestern into a home game. It's an suburban private school that has has issues getting their own base to show up to the damn game instead of selling tickets to the visiting team, lol

still a great image:

nebraskacrowd1.jpg

Only need to repaint the N red at that point

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
to be fair, pretty much any team can make Northwestern into a home game. It's an suburban private school that has has issues getting their own base to show up to the damn game instead of selling tickets to the visiting team, lol

still a great image:

nebraskacrowd1.jpg

not sure we can ever top this:

92028104_ac33faa519.jpg

(my favorite epilogue to that story was apparently the next week in South Bend, a guy was standing with a huge "WELCOME BACK HEATHENS" sign)

I'm looking forward to the invasion of Eugene next year, though I think you'll see tickets nearing $500 on the secondary there given how small that stadium is. Should be interesting.

still a great image:

nebraskacrowd1.jpg

I mean, who doesnt take over NW?

This ones a bit further away
ohcalno.jpg

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I mean, who doesnt take over NW?
This ones a bit further away
ohcalno.jpg

We did just fine with on the west coast with UCLA too:
65639421.jpg

Can't really show good examples of Fresno State and USC given the color similarity, but we had 30k+ when we played @SC too (too bad Callahan just tried to run the clock out from the beginning and go home).

FyreWulff

but we had 30k+ when we played @SC too (too bad Callahan just tried to run the clock out from the beginning and go home).

goddamnit

don't remind me. that's the first time in my recollection I saw a nebraska coach go for "let's just not lose by a lot and go home". dude still thought he was running an NFL team

92028104_ac33faa519.jpg

(my favorite epilogue to that story was apparently the next week in South Bend, a guy was standing with a huge "WELCOME BACK HEATHENS" sign)

I'm looking forward to the invasion of Eugene next year, though I think you'll see tickets nearing $500 on the secondary there given how small that stadium is. Should be interesting.
People are still mad about this. It actually caused the season ticket policy to change.

FyreWulff

92028104_ac33faa519.jpg

This is why we get bowls even with bad seasons. At least Nebraska travels really well.

Lunar15

Fuck Penn State.

Hope Tennessee looks like shite tonight. Fucking #9 ranking, hahaha. Ok.

They're one of the few SEC schools with a returning QB. I think they're the only one in the east, but I could be wrong. If Butch could manage a clock, they would have made it to the SEC Championship last year.

the Vols being in the top 10 is certainly shocking, but I don't think it's without evidence. Still, not sure if they can hold up. I'd love for us to go in there and beat them again in their house.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This is why we get bowls even with bad seasons. At least Nebraska travels really well.

no, too many bowls is why teams get bowls in bad seasons.

Nebraska gets better bowls than it deserves many years because we travel well.

And last year we got a bowl because our academics were in good shape (Thanks Bo!), and then got an even better bowl because of our fans (thanks Foster Farms!)

FyreWulff

no, too many bowls is why teams get bowls in bad seasons.

Nebraska gets better bowls than it deserves many years because we travel well.

And last year we got a bowl because our academics were in good shape (Thanks Bo!), and then got an even better bowl because of our fans (thanks Foster Farms!)

Should have clarified "better warm weather bowls"

FyreWulff

i feel little sorry for the poor bastards that have to go to the pinstripe bowl, tbh

i mean, yeah, it's NYC, but I mean it's NYC in the dead of winter.

I went back and checked, and the last time Nebraska played in a lower tier bowl was the Gotham Bowl.

miami-vs-nebraska-2nd-last-gotham_1_479e777494d6bb831490a71bc4c16c18.jpg

Which was their first bowl in almost 10 years at that point, and only a couple thousand people bothered to show up. heh.

Going to see the aul Boston College v Georgia Tech game here in Dublin on Saturday, my first American Football game.
Pretty excited :D

do iiiiiit

That kid is being raised right. Almost brings a tear to my eyes.

Oh come on Adam.. He should get a freebie. I mean it's not like he said Donald Trump to his sibling.

At least turn the TV so he can watch too, man, no need to be too cruel

It was a 5 minute time out. We're good now. It's hard to be like "Go to time out" when you're laughing your ass off.

Also, my bf found a beer I actually like. It's called Hell or High Watermelon.

It's not as good as PB Vodka but it's drinkable. :D

It was a 5 minute time out. We're good now. It's hard to be like "Go to time out" when you're laughing your ass off.

Also, my bf found a beer I actually like. It's called Hell or High Watermelon.

It's not as good as PB Vodka but it's drinkable. :D

If you like that beer get your self some Fat Head's BumbleBerry.

Tennesse you got some bad voodoo working against you. We are 9 years to the date from this thing of beauty

App-Michigan_Scoreboard.jpg

michigan-fail.gif

Fun fact: First game the Big 10 network ever televised! Happy 9th birthday BTN

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Tennesse you got some bad voodoo working against you. We are 9 years to the date from this thing of beauty

michigan-fail.gif

It's bad juju, not voodoo.

michigan-fail.gif

Oh my god, so beautiful. Appalachian State, we love you. You can do it. The state of Ohio believes in you.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHA

HA

Me: Yes! Appalachian State!
5 year old: Why don't you want the orange team? I like the orange team.
Me: Appalachian State beat Michigan a long time ago.
5 year old: What's wrong with Michigan?

: literally every person in my house giving the kid the evil eye :

My mom: What in the HELL are you two teaching this baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom