• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfkgoblue

Minnesota struggling with a terrible Oregon St team is not a good sign for them, they are supposed to contend for the B1G West this year.

Jamesways

For now. Clayes is an expert at screwing up and blowing games in the 4th quarter and Leidner's still a garbage QB. They'll find a way to lose.

Lets go Gophers!

Minnesota struggling with a terrible Oregon St team is not a good sign for them, they are supposed to contend for the B1G West this year.

Listening to Kfan this morning, the guys on the PA show had them winning 10 games, and knocking Wis out of a bowl. They even said Badgers wouldn't win more than 4.

Yeah...

jfkgoblue

Listening to Kfan this morning, the guys on the PA show had them winning 10 games, and knocking Wis out of a bowl. They even said Badgers wouldn't win more than 4.

Yeah...

To be fair, Wisconsin's schedule is brutal this year,
#5 LSU
@#12 Michigan State
@#7 Michigan
#6 Ohio State
@#17 Iowa

All in the first 7 weeks

If they can survive week 7 above .500 then I think it'd be considered a huge success

Yeah...

No one on KFAN knows anything about college football, especially the morning guys.

Barreiro's show might be the only one on KFAN you can find anyone with a clue talking Gophers and he's said he was expecting 10 wins, but that was more expecting Clayes to be able to back up his big talk with a weak schedule.

It's like I forget every single year how disappointing college football can be week in/week out.

I really wanted to post some Appalachian State is hot, hot, hot.

Deacon

I'm late with this and someone might have posted already but why am I thinking you can't forward progress a fumble on offense? Am I confusing that with NFL?

Edit: well as soon as I posted I just realized that I might be confusing that with punt return fumbles... i think

I'm late with this and someone might have posted already but why am I thinking you can't forward progress a fumble on offense? Am I confusing that with NFL?

Yes, and in the NFL I think it's only in the final <s>4 minutes</s> 2 minutes of a half and the original ball carrier can advance his own fumble.

If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble.

EDIT: 3 targeting penalties, Jesus Christ...

Jamesways

No one on KFAN knows anything about college football, especially the morning guys.

Barreiro's show might be the only one on KFAN you can find anyone with a clue talking Gophers and he's said he was expecting 10 wins, but that was more expecting Clayes to be able to back up his big talk with a weak schedule.

Very true. Gaardzy knows what's up. I love listening to him talk college ball.
PA also thinks the Vikes will still go to the SB...
Worst show on Kfan.

Minny about to do something stupid...

CQycAul.jpg

BTM

Ehh, when you scamper around like that what do you expect the defense to do? Just wait until he kneels? The QB is almost baiting for a flag there.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Damn that was a stressful game, especially with just seeing bits and pieces of it while at work. Just wanna say thanks App. Stare for bringing me back to earth so quickly, you guys really deserved to win that game.

Vols still suck, don't we? :/

Dsyndrome

That Google doc took like a fraction of the forum one from last year, I'm a fan.

Heading to Austin tomorrow morning, hate flying from the West coast because it's always balls-early for a shuttle.

styl3s

BigVolDaddy lol I love this guy.
I love BigVolDaddy and everyone on my Facebook feed feels disgusted over the win.

I don't know if all the hype around the team this year got their heads and got a little too big for their britches but i was disappointed in how they played and although i will sit here and agree app should of won i will still take the victory even if it isn't pretty because i sure won't get it from the Titans.

Nick Chubb and Bo Scarborough's reaction when they saw Tennessee's rush defense last night.

XSAoVyb.gif

I live in Knoxville, and all I have heard about for months is the VT game at Bristol. So much that even I forgot about App State. I wonder if Tennessee completely overlooked them, because they played that way. This should be a better version of the team that dismantled Northwestern last year. The DL has tons of talent and speed with several future NFL players. The only one that played liked it last night was Barnett. Also even worst was the Tennessee OL. There were a few changes, but overall no excuse.

In the end this all comes down to coaching. Jones didn't have the team ready, and it is 100% his fault. Tennessee is very streaky under Jones, and when they play bad, it is really bad. Rarely have I seen Tennessee put together a complete 4q game under Jones. Look at the UGA game last year. Tennessee didn't show up until up the end of the 2q. Look at the UF and Oklahoma games last year. Tennessee decided to quit after the 3q.

That said who knows what team will show up in Athens. Tennessee and UGA are usually pretty close (nail bitters) under Jones, so I hope they show up. We should know for sure what kind of team Tennessee truly is after the VT and UF games. Unlike most Tennessee fans I am not rushing in judgement either way (the radio on the way to work is already out of control after last night). Teams are up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom