• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 5 year old agreed to go to tOSU and play football if I agreed he could have ice cream. He knows nothing about football whatsoever, and he wants to play the "ball throwing guy" position but only if no one touches him.

So, I think this is the first commit for the freshman class of 2028.

Typical OSU violations. Not surprised.

So the 5 year old agreed to go to tOSU and play football if I agreed he could have ice cream. He knows nothing about football whatsoever, and he wants to play the "ball throwing guy" position but only if no one touches him.

So, I think this is the first commit for the freshman class of 2028.

My tyke at least tries to watch baseball with me.

He gets bored about an hour in but he tries.

Poor tackling from LSU.

Poor standing up by Wisconsin.

My tyke at least tries to watch baseball with me.

He gets bored about an hour in but he tries.

The older one likes football. He and my bf went to the high school game last night. I stayed home cause the younger has been sick. They both play soccer, though. The oldest wants to play football, but....my bf is hesitant because of concussion and whatever. The 5 year old wants to quit soccer and play video games and eat ice cream. Those are his life goals.

Poor standing up by Wisconsin.

The older one likes football. He and my bf went to the high school game last night. I stayed home cause the younger has been sick. They both play soccer, though. The oldest wants to play football, but....my bf is hesitant because of concision and whatever. The 5 year old wants to quit soccer and play video games and eat ice cream. Those are his life goals.

Pretty solid life goals tbh.

I'm hopeful mine will get interested in sports soon. But I'll take normal, healthy, stable if that's all I can get.

Pretty solid life goals tbh.

I'm hopeful mine will get interested in sports soon. But I'll take normal, healthy, stable if that's all I can get.

After the Olympics, they wanted to do ALL THE SPORTS. The oldest would probably play everything we sign him up for. Kid's pretty good at soccer. I want to help coach his team. I have the time, but not sure if they need the help.

After the Olympics, they wanted to do ALL THE SPORTS. The oldest would probably play everything we sign him up for. Kid's pretty good at soccer. I want to help coach his team. I have the time, but not sure if they need the help.

I'd say do it anyway, even as an "assistant" (where you're basically a gopher) just having you there can foster interest.

It's what I'm gonna do with baseball once mine's old enough to actually play.

bachikarn

Auburn and Texas if Strong can't get at least 8 wins this year. Auburn will definitely throw their hat in the ring, but going to a program that fires coaches so soon after winning an MNC is not the smartest thing in the world. Doubt Herman would go there unless they make him the highest paid coach in CFB. They're dumb enough to try too.

He isn't going to Auburn lol

Herman is either going to Texas or nowhere. He wouldn't leave the UH team he built for Auburn who's a hot mess.

No way.

Cam Cameron's offense was dated ten years ago. Watching it now... LSU really doesn't recruit well. They get talent, shitloads of it, but the QB and skill position players are all square pegs for round holes.

Maybe Michigan.

I joke
Shit, that would test the bonds of affection.
Probably in his free rental go-cart. ;-)
Naw, I'm keeping the go-cart for me. And as long as Urban stands by his commitment to let me dot the I one time....
I'd say do it anyway, even as an "assistant" (where you're basically a gopher) just having you there can foster interest.

It's what I'm gonna do with baseball once mine's old enough to actually play.
I'm probably going to. My bf coached last year (before we got together) but he can't because of work this year. The oldest wants to do basketball too. Ugh. Not a fan of that sport.

tebunker

Banned
Herman is either going to Texas or nowhere. He wouldn't leave the UH team he built for Auburn who's a hot mess.

No way.

Cam Cameron's offense was dated ten years ago. Watching it now... LSU really doesn't recruit well. They get talent, shitloads of it, but the QB and skill position players are all square pegs for round holes.

I am amazed that Les has stuck with Cam so long, dude couldn't do shit for Mettenberger, hasn't helped Harris.

I actually feel bad for those players.

I am amazed that Les has stuck with Cam so long, dude couldn't do shit for Mettenberger, hasn't helped Harris.

I actually feel bad for those players.

They're close friends I expected boosters to let him keep his job on the condition of firing Cameron but they gave him an extension and I knew them this is what to expect.

LSU is one of the most overrated programs in the nation. Every year they start in the top 5ish and end up around 15-20. Every year people say this is their year. They are just riding the coattails of the few years they actually were elite under Miles.

I'm probably going to. My bf coached last year (before we got together) but he can't because of work this year. The oldest wants to do basketball too. Ugh. Not a fan of that sport.

Just let him do all the sports and he'll naturally gravitate towards FB because you guys "subtly" I.E. shove it down his throat, encourage that one more.

ag-my001

Whatever the outcome of this game, Josh Rosen will be yelled at all week to stop trying to throw the ball while being tackled.

LSU is one of the most overrated programs in the nation. Every year they start in the top 5ish and end up around 15-20. Every year people say this is their year. They are just riding the coattails of the few years they actually were elite under Miles.

Any other division apart from the SEC they won't be ranked as high or get as much hype. Look at Tennessee yesterday.

tebunker

Banned
This is roughly the same Wiscy team Bama beat 35-17 last year.

Granted its possible that Bama showed you just stop Fournette and LSU is nothing too...

I honestly want Bucky to win this, 9-6

Any other division apart from the SEC they won't be ranked as high or get as much hype. Look at Tennessee yesterday.

To be fair a lot of people thought that with another year and Fournette they'd be a better team.

This is roughly the same Wiscy team Bama beat 35-17 last year.

Granted its possible that Bama showed you just stop Fournette and LSU is nothing too...

I honestly want Bucky to win this, 9-6

That team was also going pound for pound with Bama until they realized they couldn't pass though.

It's a pretty talented squad.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Went after my traditional burger, but listened to windy/LSU, but man, if Wincy had just settled for FG's, they'd be up 2 scores.

LSU's offense picked up where they left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom