• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Just gonna put this here and back out slowly.
BL3FSchCAAIAytC.jpg

http://deadspin.com/indiana-is-going-to-wear-this-helmet-because-fuck-you-t-511107162

I think the Chrome helmet with the candy stripes is pretty sick, personally

raDPWw9.png

IU players freaking out when it got revealed

ixtGPkhdkNSfG.gif

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I have watched a ton of college football in my life, but I don't think I've ever sat down to watch Indiana play a game on tv. Why doesn't the Big 10 play Thursday games on its network?

Indiana lost to North Texas, one of the worst D1 football programs in America, a couple years ago. Thats all that needs to be said about Indiana football.

cdyhybrid

Honestly, I don't blame ND. At least they did the right thing and didn't restrict the school he can attend, meaning that he's eligible for a scholarship ASAP.

Now I'm going to go rinse my mouth out with mouthwash for kind of defending ND.

Yeah, seems fine to do that after he already signed his LOI. He'll just be redshirting this season, I guess. Still pleases me that they lost one of their biggest recruits.

I've never been as high on Gee as most Ohio State folks, but it's impossible to deny that Gee has been a phenomenal president in both of his tenures here. OSU has transformed itself over the past two decades and Gee deserves a lot of the credit.

But he's getting old and senile, so it's time for him to go. I'm sure he'll stay very involved with the university for many years to come.

jagowar

Its been fun to watch shaggy too today.... also surprised ole miss allowed it to happen. I have to imagine there is some kind of concession in the state of Mississippi where they can watch for free on espn3.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
@OleMissFB: Ole Miss & ESPN are working on TV accommodations for Rebel fans for the Texas game.

Draxal

Honestly, I don't blame ND. At least they did the right thing and didn't restrict the school he can attend, meaning that he's eligible for a scholarship ASAP.

Now I'm going to go rinse my mouth out with mouthwash for kind of defending ND.

Who would you root for in a Tennessee/ND championship game?

ag-my001

@OleMissFB: Ole Miss & ESPN are working on TV accommodations for Rebel fans for the Texas game.

Translation: More fans of Ole Miss will see the game live.

Little bit of fun today on the Aggie boards: ticket prices and "contributions" were announced for post-renovation seating.

Jhriad

Little bit of fun today on the Aggie boards: ticket prices and "contributions" were announced for post-renovation seating.

Old hat. Welcome to the Big Leagues. Mandatory donations for all somewhat decent seating is in your future.

On a somewhat related note, I kind of hate myself for hoping A&M is mediocre the next couple years I rather like A&M (they're my secondary school) but I don't really want to listen to all the fair weather Aggies who are suddenly interested/watching football about how their team won a championship and mine didn't. I can still remember going to games at Kyle Field where the stadium was half empty before the end of the 2nd Quarter. Now they're going to try to tell me what it means to be a real fan? Half of you weren't even bothering to watch the games that weren't against OU/UT/Tech. Having Aggies ask 'When the last time Nebraska had a Heisman winner was' or 'How many Heisman trophies have y'all won?' is bad enough.

A&M and Nebraska haven't really been nationally relevant since the late 90's and it bugs me that they're the first out of the slump. Probably wouldn't bother me if I didn't live in College Station. I'm a terrible person.

ag-my001

I was there for the Coach Fran years. Part of me expects a 5-7 season, even with all the OOC scrubs. I agree we need to work on our fanbase a bit more. Keep the rabid passion, lose the fair-weather "last season is the only one that matters" mindset.

Looking through, some of the 3rd deck west side bench seats look quite nice for the price. The canopy would be really nice during early afternoon games. New south end wouldn't be bad either. Now I just have to stop living 1000+ miles away.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ugh. That thread on Gary Whitta is utterly disgusting. It's ridiculous how much leeway is given here to attack people if they're "famous." A seven page thread devoted to personal attacks on one person is just mind-boggling.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Its been fun to watch shaggy too today.... also surprised ole miss allowed it to happen. I have to imagine there is some kind of concession in the state of Mississippi where they can watch for free on espn3.

The A&M sbnation.com site actually got a copy of the contract via Freedom of Information request. Visiting team typically has no control over tv broadcasts. It's all controlled by home team. It is a major bummer, I hope espn figures out something for Memphis. I'm going to the game so I'll be watching.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey guy's, planetside 2 coming to PS4. Sign up!

Now, to go collect my Station Cash for this advertisement!

RAWL TAHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom