• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

The new helmets in recent years all look goofy but I'm sure they've been tested to hell and back and been proven to do at least something to improve safety.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
1148829_415793095194106_1745381956_n.jpg

Guess this means Spurrier's ready for the season.

Or a trip to the beach.

krzy123

Wiscy/LSU in 2016 at Lambeau

Our AD said ESPN requested us moving our series with Wiscy (which is slated now for 19/20)

If skip ever shows back up, we'll have more Vandy fans than Auburn fans.

Where I am, I am surround by Bama fans, Auburn fans and the occasional Florida/Georgia/LSU fan, back in 2004-2006 everyone was a Texas/USC fan around here, and everyone here still hates Mike Shula, so this is my daily report of happenings here.

Also fun fact, if the place where Manziel is the place I am thinking of (T-Town something or another, it is in the mall near campus) the owner of the store was an old UA donor and would donate millions and give the players free suits and stuff for autographed merch, super nice guy by the way. He had to back off at UA though because the NCAA was "threatening" an investigation, but he has pictures and autographed stuff all over his store, and he even has the 2009 and 2011 National Championship rings, because he let me try them on because I was freaking out over it. So fun fact is over, but I thought this was an interesting tidbit of information.

Looks like Kliff is sticking with the cutoff capris he wore during the Spring Game. If he learned nothing else from his time under Belichick he at least got some fashion tips.
Yes, I'm aware it's at least the second time I've made that joke.

iCvhwLr.jpg

In related news, Mike Gundy was recently spotted buying 4 pairs of sweatpants and a sturdy set of scissors.

LOL

You buried the real story though...

Kliff's new UnderArmor sunglasses.

He was still wearing the Oakleys in the new Grantland documentary (Gundy is on the phone with Grantland trying to schedule his interview, I'm sure,) but in this week's practice interviews he's clearly wearing a new set from UA.

This is the biggest shakeup in college football since the introduction if the forward pass.

The sunglasses in question aren't available on UA's web site, so these are likely some prototypes made especially for Kingsbury. I need a pair of these ASAP so recently-divorced West Texas coogar floozies will want to fuck me too.

andycapps

Ugh, we went to Myrtle this year. Only thing good there is golf anymore, place is a shithole outside of that.

The good thing about Myrtle is there's a lot of things to do. We have a kid so she has a lot more fun at a place like than Outer Banks or Hilton Head. I want to go to Savannah/Tybee Island next year, but we'll see. Will be totally different than Myrtle Beach, but my wife and in laws are from Ohio and they don't think of going on vacation anywhere other than tourist traps.

I could tell you some good restaurants. Parson's Table up in Little River is really nice. It's in an old church, really nice atmosphere for a date. Great food too. Mr Fish has great seafood, the best I had there.

The good thing about Myrtle is there's a lot of things to do. We have a kid so she has a lot more fun at a place like than Outer Banks or Hilton Head. I want to go to Savannah/Tybee Island next year, but we'll see. Will be totally different than Myrtle Beach, but my wife and in laws are from Ohio and they don't think of going on vacation anywhere other than tourist traps.

I could tell you some good restaurants. Parson's Table up in Little River is really nice. It's in an old church, really nice atmosphere for a date. Great food too. Mr Fish has great seafood, the best I had there.

Actually did go to Parson's table, was really good. Also went to a place called the Boundary house north of Myrtle that was really great, one of the few places i have been able to get a steak Pittsburgh style.

andycapps

Actually did go to Parson's table, was really good. Also went to a place called the Boundary house north of Myrtle that was really great, one of the few places i have been able to get a steak Pittsburgh style.

I haven't been to the Boundary House yet, will have to check that out next time I'm there.

Tamanon

Banned
Well gentlemen, I'm on my first step in being forced to renounce my Gator fandom(at least until graduate school). Just got my hotel here in Greenville and going to tour the East Carolina campus tomorrow. Today is apartment shopping and neighborhood exploring.

-sniff-

I guess I'm going to be a Pirate.

andycapps

Well gentlemen, I'm on my first step in being forced to renounce my Gator fandom(at least until graduate school). Just got my hotel here in Greenville and going to tour the East Carolina campus tomorrow. Today is apartment shopping and neighborhood exploring.

-sniff-

You trying to take on mre at his own game?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

-sniff-

Welcome, brother!

mcclatchy-era-logo.gif

Lonestar

-sniff-

VzE3u5H.gif

-sniff-

You could do worse. Ruffin McNeil is a good guy, and they play a pretty exciting brand of football.

KingGondo

Banned
:jnc

Mark Emmert just said that they're gonna stop selling team-related merch at ShopNCAASports.com, where you used to be able to type in specific player's names and bring up their jerseys.

Don't worry though, you'll still be able to buy all the NCAA-branded stuff you want.

Wonder if they'll have this one?

brian%2Bbosworth.jpg

Ed O'Bannon gonna get that money.

Enfinit

-sniff-

They have a decent baseball team. And at least you guys play VT at home this year.

Wasn't Kingsbury supposed to be attending red carpet events in Hollywood by now, according to that Tech booster's foolproof plan to catapult him into superstardom?

Tamanon

Banned

Still a Jags fan! FOR LYFE!

Greenville seems to be an alright town, going to do apartment hunting tomorrow, since it's too late to get keys right now. I can definitely tell where the divide between college/professional and poorer sides is though.

Step up from goddamn Hickory North Carolina at least. Swung by the school real quick and the baseball stadium looks pretty great.

ag-my001

Yes.

A few current players have joined the suit, IIRC.

Just for the :jnc all around, I would love to see Manziel join the suit if/after the NCAA rules him ineligible.

"You took money from others and can't play, so here's some money we took from you."

Also, do we have to give ESPN a pass for Bilas' actual "investigating", or can we chalk this up to a master plan to destroy the current NCAA and get the BBall tourney coverage from CBS?

Lonestar

I heard it mentioned that Manziel's parents have put their house up for sale. Can I read into this maliciously?

Lonestar

Also, looks like I need to learn things about North Carolina myself. Older Sister will soon be moving to Ft. Bragg cause of her Husband. Who joins back in the military??? Well, guess as a Doctor/Captain...

The Carolina's were always that "we don't go there" portion of the South. That and Mississippi. I know of Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Asheville, and Raleigh. Don't think I've ever been in the state, unless I was a baby. Do they have running water?

Eventually, I'll visit over there. Better prep my vaccinations.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, looks like I need to learn things about North Carolina myself. Older Sister will soon be moving to Ft. Bragg cause of her Husband. Who joins back in the military??? Well, guess as a Doctor/Captain...

The Carolina's were always that "we don't go there" portion of the South. That and Mississippi. I know of Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Asheville, and Raleigh. Don't think I've ever been in the state, unless I was a baby. Do they have running water?

North Carolina's alright.

There're some backwoods places and the GOP here is trying to turn us into South Carolina, but there are some real nice pockets of civilization. Ft Bragg shouldn't be an issue, since it's a big military base, so those towns are usually built up. Good mountains, going to check out the beaches soon, only really know Myrtle Beach and it.....'s a beach.

I hear Asheville has turned into hipsterdom, which is really weird.

My great grandmother was from the area, and every time we visited her, it was always old people that had been there since World War I, and a few "mountain" folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom