• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, looks like I need to learn things about North Carolina myself. Older Sister will soon be moving to Ft. Bragg cause of her Husband. Who joins back in the military??? Well, guess as a Doctor/Captain...

The Carolina's were always that "we don't go there" portion of the South. That and Mississippi. I know of Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Asheville, and Raleigh. Don't think I've ever been in the state, unless I was a baby. Do they have running water?

Eventually, I'll visit over there. Better prep my vaccinations.

Oddly enough, I felt the same way before I visited Alabama for the first time.

Don't tell me you're still salty that he picked us over Texas.

Honestly, I have no idea who he is. I was insulting the idea of preseason awards, not the player himself.

I was also hoping that was the only award Jake Locker ever won in college, but he won a legitimate one after his freshman year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Star. You're from Bama. NC is California compared to y'all.

Well, I lived in Georgia for 80% of my life, still never went to the Carolina's. We just never felt the need to go there. Anything found there, could be found in Georgia, Tennessee, or Florida.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well, I lived in Georgia for 80% of my life, still never went to the Carolina's. We just never felt the need to go there. Anything found there, could be found in Georgia, Tennessee, or Florida.
North Carolina is an awesome state.

Talon

I'm from GA, and NC is a minor improvement on aggregate.

The most backasswards state is definitely South Carolina. Definitely got some looks at some restaurants.

Says the guy that thought it was normal to see confederate flags on trucks all the time until I left for a summer program in HS. I'm also astounded by how often I hear gay slurs in public whenever I'm back.

/Not doing the state any favors...

The most backasswards state is definitely South Carolina. Definitely got some looks at some restaurants.

Says the guy that thought it was normal to see confederate flags on trucks all the time until I left for a summer program in HS. I'm also astounded by how often I hear gay slurs in public whenever I'm back.

/Not doing the state any favors...

Where in Georgia are you from?

Alabama and Mississippi are definitely worse than South Carolina. At least we have several counties that vote blue.

Well gentlemen, I'm on my first step in being forced to renounce my Gator fandom(at least until graduate school). Just got my hotel here in Greenville and going to tour the East Carolina campus tomorrow. Today is apartment shopping and neighborhood exploring.

-sniff-

I guess I'm going to be a Pirate.

Why would going to ECU force you to stop pulling for Florida? It's not like they compete directly or even on the same level. You think nobody else in Greenville will be wearing Ts and jerseys for other schools?

andycapps

Carolinas are nice, rather go there than Florida.

Living in Georgia sucks. Only good thing here is Braves games.

Having grown up in Georgia and lived somewhere else for over a decade, I disagree. Grass is always greener somewhere else. It also highly depends on where you live. Podunk town or the city.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
My tickets to the Auburn game were waiting for me in my mailbox today! Holy shit, 23 days!!!!!

andycapps

This is JFF's attorney. Lol

FlAWdT2.png

ag-my001

Why would going to ECU force you to stop pulling for Florida? It's not like they compete directly or even on the same level. You think nobody else in Greenville will be wearing Ts and jerseys for other schools?

Exactly. Besides, going to a university for undergrad gives you the opportunity to switch rooting interests without too much grief. It's not a forced conversion.

ECU supports their school pretty damn well, though. Better than a lot of welfare BCS teams at minimum. They mostly sell out their 50k seat stadium and are expanding it again soon. They'll probably mostly give others shit for wearing State, UNC or Duke stuff, though. So yeah, just from a competition standpoint, many likely won't care about UF.

Edit: My new school, since it is just starting up, has a shared services agreement with UF to carry out some essential services as we get established. I feel dirty carrying around a UF purchasing card in my wallet. Orange and blue shit....

diehard

Fleer
I'm glad BYU revered the dumbass decision to put only "HONOR, TRADITION, or SPIRIT" on their jersey's.

It was our xbox drm fiasco.

I'm glad BYU revered the dumbass decision to put only "HONOR, TRADITION, or SPIRIT" on their jersey's.

It was our xbox drm fiasco.

Y'all only lost 1 game at home last year. I'm more worried about Texas v. BYU than Ole Miss v. Texas. There's some Mormon voodoo in Provo, I'm sure of it

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Anchorman was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw his picture.

I wonder if Texas really is just like how I imagine it is. This guy isn't helping me think otherwise.

I have been in a Texas court room, and while I did not see a single "cowboy hat," boots and oversized belt-buckles abounded.

KingGondo

Banned
I have been in a Texas court room, and while I did not see a single "cowboy hat," boots and oversized belt-buckles abounded.
My brother works for a major oil company in Midland, and he wears cowboy boots to the office virtually every day.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anchorman was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw his picture.

I wonder if Texas really is just like how I imagine it is. This guy isn't helping me think otherwise.

Depends on where you are. Cowboy hat density increases dramatically even on the short drive from Dallas to Fort Worth, for example.

mcgruber

Lsu lost two starting ol the past few days. Wiliford had a concussion and was unconscious for 5 minutes, vadal Alexander had a leg injury I believe

Lonestar

Some interesting stuff on that poll.

Of course Saban's the best coach.

Surprised that Lane Kiffen isn't #1 in the "would not want to play for" (settle for #2. Hows that taste, Trogans?)

Players overwhelmingly agree with the 3 years out of high school before NFL rule. See unqualified GAF'ers, the actual players understand they would get killed if they tried to go right to the NFL.

Winning a championship > 1st Round status (Come to Alabama, and have both! Nearly 60% of you guys believe they'll win the championship anyway.)

NCAA stands for "No Cups At All"

andycapps

Some interesting stuff on that poll.

Of course Saban's the best coach.

Surprised that Lane Kiffen isn't #1 in the "would not want to play for" (settle for #2. Hows that taste, Trogans?)

Players overwhelmingly agree with the 3 years out of high school before NFL rule. See unqualified GAF'ers, the actual players understand they would get killed if they tried to go right to the NFL.

Winning a championship > 1st Round status (Come to Alabama, and have both! Nearly 60% of you guys believe they'll win the championship anyway.)

NCAA stands for "No Cups At All"

The part of the poll where the players themselves agree they don't want to go straight from highschool to the NFL should really be posted in the NFL thread and in the one this last week related to JFF and how everyone was saying how much CFB sucks. Some were contending that players should just go straight to the pros if they're good enough.

I watched the first episode of Hard Knocks last night, and if I didn't believe it before, I believe it now. Highschool players would get murdered on an NFL practice field, much less a real game. Put Geno Sacks against a true freshman center? Or Harrison on a true freshman tackle? Or JJ Watt? Etc.

Lonestar

That's, ahem, nutty. I thought it might have been a low percentage based on your comment.. but 0 yeses out of 92 responses? Wow.

wonder if all 92 players were DB's or WR's (those seem to me, to be the positions that wouldn't want them, cause: GOTTA GO FAST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom