• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Someone on another board calculated that this would be something like 140 Fulmer Cup points for Vandy, smashing Auburn's record of 80.

I'm sure they thought they'd hold onto that record as long as the time between Auburn gets National Championships.

Was it 3 Aggravated Rapes, and then a charge for the guy that took pictures (the TE) or did he take part?

Vandy making damn sure no one confuses them for being the odd man out in the SEC.

Mizzou, need to step up your game, or it's to the B1G where you belong.

Draxal

If by good shot, you mean no shot, then yeah.

The Tide has made up a lot of ground on him since March, when he listed a top three of LSU, Ohio State and Florida State. Along with the Tide, Notre Dame now rounds out his top five.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/alabama_visit_has_4-star_wr_sa.html

Rivals has rutgers listed as no interest for him

And he just committed to Rutgers today. Rutgers is ranked 3rd in Big so far but will probably drop down to fifth.

Lonestar

And he just committed to Rutgers today. Rutgers is ranked 3rd in Big so far but will probably drop down to fifth.

had just saw that too. Nice get by Rutgers, and don't have to worry about another potentially good WR in the SEC.

cdyhybrid

Oh good lord. One of the Scout guys posted on our board that the AD is trying to work something out with Macklemore and maybe have him perform at halftime or something. Reading all the old fogies' reaction is making me sad.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I think EA and whoever (IMG/CLC) is licensing the schools images are asking for it.

Given that the game makes it *really* easy to find and download a complete player roster and the game integrates that roster seamlessly to the point of key players names being recorded by the commentators.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some college football video games and would stop buying it if the rosters aren't downloadable or accurate, but it's still not right.

Lonestar

Amari Cooper needs to play other teams for a chance. Last 3 scrimmages, his "stats":

13 catches for 410 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
They had a guy from the Nashville PD on one of the local sports talk radio shows today to talk about the Vandy case.

He strongly hinted that there are more arrests to come, either players or even staff/faculty/admin, and that the university wasn't fully cooperative in the investigation.

This is far from over, IMO.

This should be a Duke lacrosse-level shitstorm right? Why hasn't it happened yet? I hope it does before Aug. 29.

mcgruber

throwing b1g money at him, geez whats with all these 4 star wr going to Rutgers? did anyone tell them gary nova is their qb??

Ohio state booted DB Najee murray, reportedly headed to Louisville, the new Baylor for second chances

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
http://www.wsls.com/story/23100888/breaking-5-hokies-leave-team

Our media partner Jason Stamm at HokieHaven.com has confirmed five hokies have decided to leave the team for various reasons.

Davion Tookes, Donaldven Manning, Jarontay Jones, Jake Goins and Adam Taraschke have all left the team.

Most notable is Donaldven Manning, he was thought to be the guy to replace Antone Exum in the Hokies opener against Alabama.

When asked why he decided to quit the football team, Manning said, "Would you want to play Alabama? Them sumbitches are huge."

Go to HokieHaven.com for more details.

throwing b1g money at him, geez whats with all these 4 star wr going to Rutgers? did anyone tell them gary nova is their qb??

Ohio state booted DB Najee murray, reportedly headed to Louisville, the new Baylor for second chances

In other news - YOU GOT OWNED! SIT DOWN BOY AND WEEP OVER YOUR SORROWS!

Edit: I apologize for not being around lately. I was enjoying the company of Thai lady boys.

andycapps

Amari Cooper needs to play other teams for a chance. Last 3 scrimmages, his "stats":

13 catches for 410 yards and 8 touchdowns.
Probably not playing against your first team corners though. Insert "Bama's second and third string linebackers and secondary are better than anyone else's first string" here.

Lots of conflicting reports on Murray, Ohio State denying, buts tons others reporting. I would put my money on him being gone.

andycapps

LSU is giving them a run for that between Mettenberger and Nick Marshall. And Jeremy Hill lol.

granted we just got michael dyer, but Strong is very careful when it comes to these 2nd chance players, they are on a zero tolerance watch for the entire time they are here. Sometimes it works out well (Bushnell for example) and others it doesn't (Darius Ashley). The one thing I can say for sure is that the coaching staff here is very hands on with every aspect of their student athletes, I know it's cliche' but these coaches act as father figures and make it a point to help shape every player on this team. Even when it hasn't worked out, in the case of Ashley, he was kicked off the team after his 2nd DUI Strong refused to take away his scholarship because it would do far more to hurt the young man then to help him

a choice quote
Charlie Strong said:
Any time you talk about do you dismiss a young man, when you see what has happened, two within seven months, you dismiss him from the team—What does he become? Just another statistic in society? So what did we accomplish and how did we help him? You have to help people. Here’s a young man who has never been an issue on our team until those two issues that he had, which are two serious issues, but he’s a young man, he went to class, never had a class issue with him, did all the right things… We have to help young people.

Ashley will get his MBA this year and already is working as a CPA. Also if you look at Strong's record of taking these "2nd chance players" he never picks one up after they have recently been dismissed from another team.

mre

Good article, but the thing I got the most out of it, is:

Man, That Uncle is a Giant Dick.

With DJ's money, it would be very easily to just fuck that guy for life. Buy all the property around his house and turn it all into Landfill.

Yea, that was the most shocking part of the article to me as well. Total waste of flesh.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Good article, but the thing I got the most out of it, is:

Man, That Uncle is a Giant Dick.

With DJ's money, it would be very easily to just fuck that guy for life. Buy all the property around his house and turn it all into Landfill.

Fill it all with cars.

Wish the kid luck, seems like he committed because of his coach becoming an assistant there

Still sour.

I'm really enjoying needling you over this. Can't even offer an unqualified congratulations. I feel honored that Rutgers has inspired such feelings within you.

andycapps

OSU's backup safety dates a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader (thanks to Twitter).

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.a...nd_Dallas_Cowboys/20130812_93_B1_CUTLIN477918

AAqnrlh.gif

Meier

Redshirt freshman QB at FSU (Jameis Winston )doesn't want "Manzeil disease."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...eis-winston-says-success-give-manziel-disease

Advises reporters to take their mics and hit him over the head with them if he gets it.

The kid thrives in the spotlight. The difference between him and Manziel is that he knows how to operate because he craves it.

As pointed out in the comments section, a reporter asked him about it using that term. Ridiculous that ESPN and other outlets aren't providing any sort of context. Jaboo ain't afraid of no one though.

RAHLEY COOPER WAS RACIALLY PROFAHLLED PAWWWLLLLL

IT'S ABOUT EQUAHHLITY

Oh this is great.

haha, finebaum and co. using the race card when they uses racial slurs on a consistent basis. the one time i tuned in he referred to some guy being lazier than a mexican. He said "messican" though so maybe it doesn't count.

andycapps

haha, finebaum and co. using the race card when they uses racial slurs on a consistent basis. the one time i tuned in he referred to some guy being lazier than a mexican. He said "messican" though so maybe it doesn't count.

Aside from being racist, that comment just seems ignorant. The Hispanics I know work their asses off.

Aside from being racist, that comment just seems ignorant. The Hispanics I know work their asses off.

Yeah no kidding. In Mexico they do have siesta's integrated into their work day, but those hours are made up. I guess the stereotype manifested itself when Americans caught them sleeping "on the job" even though they were probably off the clock during that time. Hell I wish more American workplaces integrated naps in the work day. I would be so much more productive when I woke up.

ag-my001

Didn't hear the comments mentioned above, but right here at the end:

"I hate to end a call by saying you're a typical Notre Dame fan... Next up is Ed!"

mre

Didn't hear the comments mentioned above, but right here at the end:

"I hate to end a call by saying you're a typical Notre Dame fan... Next up is Ed!"
Hard to blame him for cutting off a Domer who wanted to bitch seven months later about two missed calls that cost Notre Dame the game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom