• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Apparently rumors that Mullen will go to Vtech, makes a lot of sense (he's from PA, and it's just an easier place to win their division).

Would be a good move for him. These coaches at Miss St, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, etc. are never going to actually win anything in the grand scheme of things. They should move on if offered a position in a place where they can be more successful.

Limedust

Les is having a "special" meeting with his players today.

Pat Forde is also saying he'll most likely be fired by end of day.

So LSU is going to pay the most successful coach is school history $15M to not coach.

South Carolina should hire him tonight and have him coach against Clemson this coming weekend.

RyanW

So LSU is going to pay the most successful coach is school history $15M to not coach.

South Carolina should hire him tonight and have him coach against Clemson this coming weekend.

I think a lot of LSU fans down here have just gotten spoiled with winning and the positive recognition. Remember, prior to Saban, LSU was no where near it was today at least in terms of consistency.

These past couple of days I couldn't help but laugh when I hear "The last coach that lost 3 straight ended up getting fired." Well duh he went 2-8 and got fired before the last game and went 4-7 the previous year. That's not really the same situation here.

If boosters are willing to pay this much money and LSU is going to let them then I hope LSU is smart enough to have been talking to coaches already. If not I have no hope for them and will be looking forward to seeing how well Miles' future team does.

The issue with keeping Miles is he won't fire Cam Cameron and fix the offense. He just won't. Is there a better coach on the market right now? Not really. I honestly don't understand the Fisher rumors and laugh that people on campus actually think it'll happen. There's no reason to think he'll leave unless Avella decides to empty the bank for him.

Houston and Memphis coaches seem to be the trendy picks and god I don't want that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did LSU find something out about him? Was he file sharing with Jared Fogle? There has to be something else to this.

He secretly planted Hemp into the LSU field, and has been high off his ass every game since aught 7.

andycapps

Apparently their boosters are covering the buyout of he and all of his coaches. So this isn't hitting LSU at all, actually. Hopefully some UGA boosters see this and get inspired, not holding my breath.

Lonestar

in non-Les Smiles news, Kenyan Drake is back to participating in individual drills and listed as day-to-day, a week and 2 days after breaking his arm. Dat Deer Antler shit is no joke son.

Draxal

So the Fighting Corndogs choose the path of Nebraska, huh?

That's it, I'm changing my allegiance to Rugters.

Gotta change your avatar to .

6a00d83451b4ba69e2017ee571e332970d-150wi

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

If I was Miles I'd be all like "Yes, [Insert School Name Here], I will coach your school for $1.00 per year."

Lonestar

What's even crazier: LSU could possibly have the #1 signing class for this year's recruiting. I could see a mad dash to go after their commits if they let him go.

bachikarn

I think a lot of LSU fans down here have just gotten spoiled with winning and the positive recognition. Remember, prior to Saban, LSU was no where near it was today at least in terms of consistency.

These past couple of days I couldn't help but laugh when I hear "The last coach that lost 3 straight ended up getting fired." Well duh he went 2-8 and got fired before the last game and went 4-7 the previous year. That's not really the same situation here.

If boosters are willing to pay this much money and LSU is going to let them then I hope LSU is smart enough to have been talking to coaches already. If not I have no hope for them and will be looking forward to seeing how well Miles' future team does.

I remember when LSU was considered an easy win for us back in the Spurrier days. Think they rushed the field when they beat us in 1997. Lol

andycapps

I remember when LSU was considered an easy win for us back in the Spurrier days. Think they rushed the field when they beat us in 1997. Lol

I remember when Florida was considered an easy win for us prior to Spurrier coming there.
I don't really, I'm only 32.

jjasper

LSU boosters willing to pay 15 million dollars to torpedo the program. No one is going to touch that job. I might have a bias towards Les for obvious reasons but this just seems beyond dumb.

cashman

Banned
Tons of recruits for Texas to potentially go after, but I don't think any of the kids that Louisiana recruits are there for Miles.

Draxal

Apparently, the buyout will be reduced by the contract of his next job, but that didn't happen with Weis or Muschamp according to Darren Rovell.

Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 4m4 minutes ago
Unlike Florida with Muschamp & Notre Dame with Weis, a Les Miles buyout would be reduced by contract amount of new job.

Limedust

At some point in the late 90's, I want to think Alabama had gone something like 30 years without losing to LSU in Baton Rouge.

Lonestar

I"m amazed at how awful that Weis deal was, they even got screwed in the future contract part which I thought was standard for coaches.

He's had like 3 or 4 different major jobs since then. OC in the NFL and College, and a HC in Kansas.

Oh man, remember when he going to be "the shit" when he joined Muschamp? Them were the days.

RyanW

Look, if they do give Miles the boot with $15m in his pocket, he can come up state and coach Northwestern State. Nice job to "retire" to.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Urbz defending Bumiel Smelliot, who will face no discipline. OSUn is right on schedule for Heart Problem City.

Ln9mxMX.gif

Sure, I guess they imply the "H" to be both H and I, but come on, they're spelling OHO.

OHO acronym is NOT taken.

that's just how they spell Ohio in Ohio, quality education and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom