• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

El_Chino

Rankings aren't shockingly terrible outside of Bama being too high. SECSECSEC etc. No worries though, my Corndogs will take em.

I actually want LSU to beat Bama, improves our quality loss and gives a chance for a rematch at the SEC championship game.

Jopie

It is almost like the rankings are based entirely by the name of the school and not the results on the field.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech isn't semi relevant.

Oh yeah?

G5z5RCQ.png

WE CONTROL THE PLAYOFF RANKINGS

So:

Win out and get in. That's nice. Hope it happens.

Tell that to TCU who was also #3 and kept winning until the final rankings lol.

Nah Alabama is guaranteed a quality opponent on championship week whereas TCU had Iowa St. on championship week last year. Thats the difference

Bonus: 25

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU NO COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt Cover
Duke v. UNC (-7.5) No Cover
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado Cover
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) No Cover
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5) No Cover
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5) Cover
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) No Cover
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) No Cover
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) No Cover

Lunar15

I would never put UF in the top 4 at this point, but I don't get the logic where we beat the one team Alabama lost to, but they're in the top 4. The logic is just bad.

Draconian

Yeah, we are ranked too high at 4, but we'll either drop or would've been bumped into the top 4 anyway next week, so eh, it doesn't really matter.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU NO COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt Cover
Duke v. UNC (-7.5) No Cover
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado Cover
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) No Cover
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5) No Cover
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5) Cover
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) No Cover
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) No Cover
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) No Cover
No bonus pick?

The ranking is rubbish. Why are A&M and Miss State ranked. I'm not American and i can see the SEC bias.

Alabama shouldn't be ranked that high. The lost to Ole Miss at home, Florida wiped the floor with Ole Miss. The Gap between the two shouldn't be that wide.

On Espn someone saying Bama beat themselves. So why should they be excluded for making mistakes. If LSU loses by a point to Bama this weekend it'll be interesting to see where the committee puts them.

They should have ranked them ahead of every one loss team and if they win out they'll be in like Ohio State last year.

pxleyes

Banned
I would never put UF in the top 4 at this point, but I don't get the logic where we beat the one team Alabama lost to, but they're in the top 4. The logic is just bad.

Since i fell off the map yesterday after my post, I just got caught up. This post really sums up why I posted those stats. Of course I don't care where Florida and Bama are now beyond talking about it, but there is no way Bama should be 4. Shit will get sorted, so I'm just poking the bear.

Lunar15

It ultimately doesn't matter because LSU and Alabama play this weekend, but still, why even release the rankings this early if you're not going to try to make sense. Believe me, even as a huge fan of the SEC, the SEC Bias is mystifying and constantly frustrating.

I know the top 4 will look nothing like this in December, but if we get in at 1, I actually feel pretty good if we get matched up with bama. They have no passing game and if we commit to stopping Henry, we should be fine.

Lunar15

The worst part is that this is about the time Les Miles jobs it and Alabama will never leave the top 4 again even if they lose every game after that.

If Kareem Walker was such a great recruit, Coach Flood would have gotten him. Rutgers has a great recruiting class right now. We have an Elite 11 quarterback.

We are taking a hard pass on Kareem Walker. He'll end up at Temple or Syracuse.

Also: The CFP committee is full of talented individuals who truly know football. They make good sound choices. It must be hard living in such a bubble of negativity. The CFP is the best thing to happen to college football.

I know the top 4 will look nothing like this in December, but if we get in at 1, I actually feel pretty good if we get matched up with bama. They have no passing game and if we commit to stopping Henry, we should be fine.

I think Bama is going to get bounced out this week. That said, we should be more worried about FSU at the moment. :)

andycapps

Two of our freshman players got arrested for weed this morning/late last night. One is a special teams player. The other has played two games on defense.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ge...o-georgia-players-arrested-marijuana-charges/

One game suspensions. With how shitty our special teams has played the last few years at times Im not sure how bad this hurts us.

Not much. They're both defensive players (our main issues are on offense), and neither are starters, though Patrick has played some.

Lunar15 said:
It ultimately doesn't matter because LSU and Alabama play this weekend, but still, why even release the rankings this early if you're not going to try to make sense. Believe me, even as a huge fan of the SEC, the SEC Bias is mystifying and constantly frustrating.

We all know why they release them this early and include teams higher up that shouldn't be there. It generates controversy, which generates ratings for ESPN.. Subsequent shakeups of that top 4 will repeat the controversy and ratings.

Draxal

We all know why they release them this early and include teams higher up that shouldn't be there. It generates controversy, which generates ratings for ESPN.. Subsequent shakeups of that top 4 will repeat the controversy and ratings.

Bingo.

Lunar15

Don't gotta tell me twice. Right now it's all about positioning for upcoming games. Like, if LSU and Alabama weren't playing this immediate weekend, do you think Alabama would be in there?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I still don't get why yall think the committee cares about that stuff. Unless you are saying they get kickbacks from the networks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Isn't the CFP directly contracted with the networks?

But it requires more than that. It requires the networks telling either the committee members or important people connected to the committee members to make certain decisions when it comes to the rankings to benefit someone in a specific way. And different networks would benefit from different rankings.

It is conspiracy theory nonsense.

The committee doesn't care about creating a good matchup for CBS.

andycapps

But it requires more than that. It requires the networks telling either the committee members or important people connected to the committee members to make certain decisions when it comes to the rankings to benefit someone in a specific way. And different networks would benefit from different rankings.

It is conspiracy theory nonsense.

The committee doesn't care about creating a good matchup for CBS.

The CFP is intimately connected with ESPN. There are poll previews on ESPN and it's sister networks, as well as instant reaction panels. What else is connected with ESPN? Gameday. Where is that Saturday? Bama vs LSU. Follow the money.

BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI

ryseing

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 15

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU- COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt- NO COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5)- NO COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado- COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5)- NO COVER