• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 8

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU NO COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5) NO COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) NO COVER
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5) COVER
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5) COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) COVER

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I know the top 4 will look nothing like this in December, but if we get in at 1, I actually feel pretty good if we get matched up with bama. They have no passing game and if we commit to stopping Henry, we should be fine.
No facet of our offense is any good. In games against FBS teams with winning records, we average 220 yards/game through the air and 225 yards/game on the ground. We're equally balanced in our ineptitude.

Passing Offense - Games vs. FBS (I-A) Teams Only said:
Name G Att Comp Pct. Yards Yards/Att TD Int Rating Att/G Yards/G
34/Clemson 7 212 142 67.0 1825 8.6 18 8 159.76 30.3 260.7
53/Alabama 8 264 173 65.5 1867 7.1 12 9 133.11 33.0 233.4

Passing Offense - Games vs. FBS Teams With Winning Record Only said:
Name G Att Comp Pct. Yards Yards/Att TD Int Rating Att/G Yards/G
55/Alabama 4 129 84 65.1 880 6.8 5 3 130.56 32.3 220.0
57/Clemson 4 107 71 66.4 870 8.1 11 3 162.97 26.8 217.5

Rushing Offense - Games vs. FBS (I-A) Teams Only said:
Name G Att Yards Avg. TD Att/G Yards/G
19/Clemson 7 317 1523 4.80 14 45.29 217.57
37/Alabama 8 333 1508 4.53 17 41.63 188.50

Rushing Offense - Games vs. FBS Teams With Winning Record Only said:
Name G Att Yards Avg. TD Att/G Yards/G
5/Clemson 4 200 1008 5.04 10 50.00 252.00
15/Alabama 4 171 900 5.26 10 42.75 225.00

steve-spurrier-shirtless-touchdown.jpg

Well I'm offended.

Probably a stupid question, but why aren't game times set way in advance? Thinking of the Illinois-Ohio State game coming up on November 14. Game time is still TBD.

Why do they wait so long to set these? Kind of curious when this will start - anyone have insight on when we'll know?

mre

Probably a stupid question, but why aren't game times set way in advance? Thinking of the Illinois-Ohio State game coming up on November 14. Game time is still TBD.

Why do they wait so long to set these? Kind of curious when this will start - anyone have insight on when we'll know?
The put better match-ups in prime time programming slots. They wait to see how teams perform to see which will generate better ratings.

Ryuuroden

They are determined by the TV networks and when the network wants to fit them in.

Lunar15

But it requires more than that. It requires the networks telling either the committee members or important people connected to the committee members to make certain decisions when it comes to the rankings to benefit someone in a specific way. And different networks would benefit from different rankings.

It is conspiracy theory nonsense.

The committee doesn't care about creating a good matchup for CBS.

I don't think it's kickbacks or any kind of "Follow the money" bullshit, it's just that the committee has more interests than just "hey find the best teams and put them into the rankings". Creating an exciting week to week ranking justifies the system. It's also not a time when anything really matters, so why not vote up Alabama so that we can confirm other biases?

It's a bias that leans towards more exciting match-ups. It's not money, but human error. It falls under the same bucket as "SEC Bias".

I do wonder though: Didn't someone last year have a simulation of BCS computer rankings as if it were continuing into the last season?

Rutgers is going to cover against Michigan.

Don't doubt the abilities of Kyle Flood. He's a great coach, and a greater humanitarian. His team is going to fight to keep him employed. They love Coach Flood.

It's ridiculous that his job is in danger. All this man has done is give, GIVE, GIVE to Rutgers! He's willing to coach at a bargain. He's turned down multiple other jobs to stay at Rutgers!

xeris

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 21

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU- COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt- NO COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5)- NO COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado- COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5)- NO COVER
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5)- COVER
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5)- NO COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5)- NO COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5)- COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5)- NO COVER

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 21

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU- COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt- COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5)- NO COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado- COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5)- NO COVER
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5)- NO COVER
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5)- NO COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5)- COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5)- NO COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5)- COVER

College Football Playoff Championship Site announcement is live right now:

2018: Atlanta, GA
2019: Santa Clara, CA
2020: New Orleans, LA

Minneapolis got hosed. Can't make those SEC schools uncomfortable!

edit: "We played in a cold weather city last year." - Bill Hancock

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 19
Bonus Teams: Georgia, North Texas, Tulane, Kansas, Hawaii, Vanderbilt, Miami (Ohio), Missouri, Boston College and Oregon State.

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt NO COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5) NO COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) NO COVER
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5) COVER
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5) NO COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) NO COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) NO COVER

2018: Atlanta, CA

Goddammit come up and help us with our snowman, ESS EE SEE.

mre

2018: Atlanta, CA

The big scoop here being that Atlanta has been annexed by California.

LOL, Hancock is getting hammered about not allowing a championship game in Big Ten country. He said the main reason Minneapolis didn't get in was because they didn't want the city to have to host a Super Bowl, Final Four, and CFP back-to-back.

Of course, he then pointed out that Phoenix was doing exactly that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Goddammit come up and help us with our snowman, ESS EE SEE.

LOL, Hancock is getting hammered about not allowing a championship game in Big Ten country. He said the main reason Minneapolis didn't get in was because they didn't want the city to have to host a Super Bowl, Final Four, and CFP back-to-back.

Of course, he then pointed out that Phoenix was doing exactly that.

Dammit, you guys wanted the playoff, benefited from the playoff, and still whine about everything. Are we sure you guys aren't actually LSU fans?

That poster is hipster nonsense which has nothing to do with a real MAN'S GAME - FOOTBALL!

Let's discuss some real football here:

Specifically, what a great job that college coaches in general do, in the face of withering attention from a spiteful and jealous media, to keep the young men who play football grounded & wholesome. They all deserve some great kudos for that. Their commitment to academic excellence for their athletes, and their commitment to integrity in the pursuit of the game.

Bear Bryant and Joe Paterno would proud of the coaching fraternity today.

andycapps

Or apparently PAC-12, ACC, or Big 12 schools. Let's face it, nobody wants to travel to the Twin Cities in the dead of winter. Especially as a vacation. Fuck that.

cashman

Banned
It ultimately doesn't matter because LSU and Alabama play this weekend, but still, why even release the rankings this early if you're not going to try to make sense. Believe me, even as a huge fan of the SEC, the SEC Bias is mystifying and constantly frustrating.

They just release rankings to generate discussion.

Well that settles it, Im going to aim to try and attend in Atlanta 2018.

That gives me plenty of time to save up some coin. Id prefer to go to NOLA, but I want to see a game before 2020.

I was thinking of trying to attend an LSU game next year (I have a friend who is living in New Orleans and her partner is attending LSU), but I would rather save up some more and try and see a national championship game.

That gives me plenty of time to save up some coin. Id prefer to go to NOLA, but I want to see a game before 2020.

I was thinking of trying to attend an LSU game next year (I have a friend who is living in New Orleans and her partner is attending LSU), but I would rather save up some more and try and see a national championship game.

If I may suggest, your money (and enjoyment) would be better spent going to a big home game of a major team. Championship game atmospheres are kinda sterile, if you want the real college expereince go to LSU/BAMA, OSU/Michigan, etc

mre

LSU/BAMA will be in Red Stick next year and will almost certainly be a night game. You should aim to attend that game if decide to go to an LSU game next year.

Top Bottom