• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
zyxwvu4321 and theprodigy living high off the NO COVER, curious what the rationale behind this was.

Probably that Snyder has done decently against spread teams in the past, and Baylor was breaking in a new QB after their starter was injured.

I didn't think KSU was good enough this year for it to matter, but it seems it did.

zyxwvu4321 and theprodigy living high off the NO COVER, curious what the rationale behind this was.

They simply copied off the sheet of the leader. smart move! :p

Nah but I put "NO COVER" because Baylor hardly ever plays well away from home AND they were breaking in a new frosh QB who was getting his first ever start. I thought there was no way they would be able cover the 17 point spread under those conditions

Quake1028

"Per ACC policy our football staff submitted the plays we believed were incorrectly called as a matter of weekly protocol, and were notified by the league that multiple incorrect calls impacting our team occurred during the game, including a pass interference call on the final drive," Miami AD Blake James wrote.

Poor Duke.

Limedust

Happy National Nacho Day.

nachoguy.gif

YOU GUYS ARE ALL GOING TO BE EATING CROW WHEN THE GOD COACH KYLE FLOOD PUTS UP A GREAT FIGHT AGAINST MICHIGAN.

WE HAVE THEIR NUMBER.

HOPEFULLY USC DOESN'T TRY TO STEAL KYLE FLOOD. I'M SURE THAT RUTGERS WILL PAY WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP HIM IN HOUSE.

They can't steal Flood. He loves Rutgers so much, he'll never ever leave.

According to noted NFL player & former Jaguars starter Kevin Haslam, Kyle Flood is one of the greatest offensive line coaches in the business.

Talon

Oh, Georgia. Forever stuck in that place where you think you should be at Bama, Ohio State, or even Florida's level, but you're actually closer to Clemson.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh, Georgia. Forever stuck in that place where you think you should be at Bama, Ohio State, or even Florida's level, but you're actually closer to Clemson.

Clemson has actually won a conference championship in the last decade.

Just one. But still!

andycapps

Pardon my bluntness, but this is a stupid statement. Fans and boosters being upset at being 5-3 right now isn't happening in a vacuum. This is several cycles of Richt having several good years, then a year of faceplanting. Lost 3 out of 4 in the past 4 games, 2 of which were blowouts, one was giving up a 21 point lead.

Fans aren't happy with getting 9-10 wins every year, hoping the next year will be better only to have a faceplant and say "maybe next year." And yeah, obviously Florida had a national championship recently and I'd love to have that, but our program did exist prior to 1990, unlike theirs. And there's a lot of fans that want a championship, they're not happy with the status quo. It's foolish to say "Oh, you guys think you're better than you are" when you've got a recruiting base like Georgia does, facilities like they do, the money in the program that they do, the coaching payroll that they do. People expect more.

Are Georgia fans delusional? Yeah sometimes, but I don't think this is a case where we should just be happy with where we are. People want to go further.

Normally I'd shit talk but I can't with Ohio State since 59 - 0 :(

It will be kinda neat though when our only two losses are from the teams in the national championship game. Sort of like last year's Michigan State.

I like a Wisconsin fan who knows his place.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's probably directed toward the RB Fournette. As a kid, he was stranded homeless on the highway for days after Katrina.

I did not realize LSU was such an underdog going into this game.
You're giving these idiots way too much credit. I guarantee you, that it was simply just directed at LSU in general.

This one, however, was at Fournette:

w8h7gv5.jpg

cashman

Banned
Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt NO COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5) COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) NO COVER
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5) NO COVER
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5) COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) NO COVER

The Flop

Banned
If UGA loses this week, I expect Richt to be gone, he just doesn't seem to care. I mean at halftime in the game last week he just didn't seem to have any passion or be upset about losing.

UGA fans deserve better, but I'm glad Clemson has Dabo! Go Tigers. Beat FSU.

Does anybody actually expect Harbaugh to last more than 4 seasons at Michigan?

I do. I think he's good for eight years at least. For instance, looking back the Carr era wasn't all that long, yet it was twelve fucking years. Time flies when you're having fun. No way it's some short-ass stint. It's a destination job for him. Decade or more easy to see.

inm8num2

As long as Harbaugh has the support of his AD and is winning games, he'll be there. Maybe not a lifer, but 10+ years seems likely.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If Harbz just can beat Urbz enough that he'll quit to go to an easier league, will be enough.

I do. I think he's good for eight years at least. For instance, looking back the Carr era wasn't all that long, yet it was twelve fucking years. Time flies when you're having fun. No way it's some short-ass stint. It's a destination job for him. Decade or more easy to see.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom