• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colors! 3D |OT| Art, in 3D. (Also in 2D on iOS)

giggas

Oh goddammit the furries discovered this amazing app.

That was my thought when I went through the gallery. Bummer that the gallery is already being junked up by that shit, friend codes, and some other slop.

I will say, I've spent way more time with this app than I thought I would. I kind of love it. It's just neat being able to do some digital painting in bed right before I fall asleep. I've had a Wacom Cintiq for years (which I use for animating) and I think I've already done more digital paintings on Colors. My brain must be in backwards.

BDGAME

Finish my last drawing: http://colorslive.com/details/74620-Mario_vs_Bowser_by_Alebaroli.php

_74620.jpg

That give me a problem. In certain moment, the UNDO stop to work. I go to colors 3D support and find that:

Question: Why does my playback stop before my painting is complete?

There is a limit on how long the playback can be recorded in Colors! 3D. This limit is normally after 6 hours, and if you paint on a single painting for more than that, you might run into this issue. Strokes painted after that limit cannot be recorded. This will also disable Undo/Redo and the Export Painting functionality will only export up to that point.

However, you will still be able to upload your painting to the gallery, and from colorslive.com you can download a high-resolution version of your finished painting by pressing the download button.

Now I will try to last less time with the begging of paint to not occurs this problem.

Roto13

I just finished a painting I've been working on for days and I can't upload it because it can't connect to the gallery. :p And the links in this thread are dead so I'm guessing it's not just me.

Anyway, here's one my friend made. It looks really good in 3D.

Tailer

OMG want so badly loved the original colors on the DS with some tweaks and improvements it would have been godly. Man now I really wanna buy a 3DS oh well will wait 2 or 3 more years...

sammy

Great fan arts in here! I just downloaded the app, it's very accessible so far and that Kid Icarus stand is like a little easel.

RpgN

84629.jpg

You like?

I love this app. I never really used drawing apps or am familiar with digital techniques, but I'll get into this.

Finally I've gotten some time to spend with the App. I thought that homework would never end.

I did some quick piece, it turned out rather nice. Need to practice on my shading skills though.

_84881.jpg

nikatapi

I bought this today, although my painting skills are actually non existent, but i'm pretty excited with all the functions and seeing how some great pieces of work were made.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Finally bought it here in PAL land. A killer app.

this just became my most played 3ds software according to my activity log lol.

Here's the last painting I did:

_90173.jpg

link: http://colorslive.com/details/90173-Your_days_of_darkness_are_numbered%21_by_spartacris.php

I like it. I'm currently working on my second piece, a concept for a new comic project I'm working on. Hopefully I'll be able to share it today. It reflects quite a few improvements I've made with the perspective and layer composition as well as a better understanding of shading.

Mik2121

The fact that this isn't even announced for Japan is just sad. It's pretty much the only thing I'm interested on for the 3DS, and I can't even play it. Ugh...

Isomac

Here's something I whipped up real quick. Working on a big painting, but everytime I look at the gallery people make me cry with their awesomeness. Also, it annoys me more than it should that there is no "u" in the title of this game...

Maybe they add it if they ever release this for Wii U :p

Btw is there any tool to quickly make colors darker or brighter?

Maybe they add it if they ever release this for Wii U :p

Btw is there any tool to quickly make colors darker or brighter?

Yeah the slider next to the thickness of the brush adjusts the transparency, or pressure of brush. That can also be adjusted by clicking UP/DOWN on the D-Pad.

joetachi

That seriously sucks. Maybe hit them up and ask if there are plans for japan atm?

if you read the colors community on facebook some one already asked him. he posted this''We don't know yet. We need a publishing partner to be able to release Colors! 3D in Japan and we haven't had a chance to look into that yet. Since Colors! 3D has done so well in US/EU though, we hope we will be able to release it in Japan as well.''

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
if you read the colors community on facebook some one already asked him. he posted this''We don't know yet. We need a publishing partner to be able to release Colors! 3D in Japan and we haven't had a chance to look into that yet. Since Colors! 3D has done so well in US/EU though, we hope we will be able to release it in Japan as well.''

Pretty awesome to hear this. I'm really enjoying it :D

Mik2121

That seriously sucks. Maybe hit them up and ask if there are plans for japan atm?
Seems someone already asked (and the reply is just a couple posts above mine). Oh well.. hopefully it gets here. A lot of Japanese love to draw/paint, the amount of awesome and crazy stuff that could get generated from this land would be amazing :p

Do you already own one? If not, you could always import...
Yeah, have had one since last summer. Also it's not quite true that I'm only interested in this. I'm also looking forward to Mario Tennis and Flip Note... Seriously, what's wrong with Nintendo! The 3DS eShop here in Japan is just laughable.

BDGAME

3DS eShop charts (4/16/12)
April 16th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay

Software

1. Colors! 3D
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
4. Metal Torrent
5. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
6. Pushmo
7. Cut The Rope
8. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX