• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS - October 2011 |OT| - Goons, Godmothers, and Gunwitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooooOooOOo WOOooOOooOoOo Wellllcome to the October sequential-art storytelling spectacular topic!

Here are some relevant reads for the month of October, hand picked for you by me.

I suggest checking out all of these books, and the bolded titles I suggest checking out EVEN MORE!

The Coffin

518ebPS0hGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Since the birth of man, eternal life has been one of the species' greatest dreams. For Dr. Ashtar Ahmad, it has been more than a dream; it's been a lifelong obsession. And while he has not conquered death's rule over the body, he has found a way to keep the soul alive - a complex suit that houses the inner being of the deceased and allows them to go on living. When a group of unknown assailants come of Ahmad's research, the doctor is caught in the crossfire, and his only chance at survival is an untested prototype of his most prized invention. But when the megalomaniacal tycoon responsible for the break-in kidnaps Ashar's daughter to use as a bargaining chip in acquiring the groundbreaking discovery, the good doctor must discover how to stop his enemy and keep his soul intact. Can he make up in death for his misdeeds from life? A mix of classic science fiction and superhero comic books, The Coffin points in the direction of the bold new future of the genre-driven graphic novel.

The Crow
51aQZEoqW9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

rj2ro7.jpg

When James O’Barr poured the pain and anguish of a personal tragedy into the drawings that comprise The Crow, his intensely cathartic story of Eric—who returns from the dead to avenge his and his fiancÉe’s murder at the hands of a street gang—resonated with readers around the world. Now, the illustrated tale that became the “thrilling” (Los Angeles Daily News) and “spectacular” (Chicago Tribune) screen triumph is re-released in an expanded version the author originally intended, complete at last with:
Thirty pages of never-before-seen artwork, including a new closing segment, “Sparklehorse,” and the touching new scene, “An August Noel”

A new Introduction by James O’Barr

Lost sequences restored using the artist’s original technique

This is The Crow like you’ve never seen it before—the powerful journey of an avenging angel and a celebration of true love . . . as fierce, intelligent, and unforgettable as when it was first conceived.

Bernie Wrightsons Frankenstein
51L4FYrrXlL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

xp28lf.gif

Few works by comic-book artists have earned the universal acclaim and reverence that Bernie Wrightson's illustrated version of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's Frankenstein was met with upon its original release in 1983. Twenty-five years later, this magnificent pairing of art and literature is still considered to be one of the greatest achievements made by any artist in the field. Now, Wrightson and Dark Horse Books are collaborating on a beautiful new hardcover edition of the book, published in a larger 9' x 12' format intended to show off the exquisitely detailed line art of one of the greatest living artists in comics today. This book includes the complete text of the original groundbreaking novel, and the original forty-seven full-page illustrations that stunned the world with their monumental beauty and uniqueness.

Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch Classic

51RaQVCO94L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

293hn2e.jpg

1990: The debut of Danny Ketch as the Spirit of Vengeance - with menace, misfortune, and mystery waiting for him! After an origin whose full implications remain unrevealed to this day, the Ghost Rider goes flaming head-first into a gang war between the Kingpin and his conjuring competitor, Deathwatch! Plus: the bite of Blackout, the menace of Masque's Morlocks, and more! The Scarecrow makes his move into horror comics, while Flag-Smasher joins a war effort...to start one! Guest-starring the X-Men and the Punisher! Collects Ghost Rider #1-10.

The Goon Volume 1: Nothin but Misery

517-H6H7oNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Goon and his sidekick Franky seek their fortune in a haunted house plagued by inbred ghosts!

http://www.thegoon.com/index.php

HELLBOY IN MEXICO (OR, A DRUNKEN BLUR)
16942.jpg

During the 1950s, Hellboy caravans across Mexico with a trio of vampire-killing luchadores, finding the undead; evil turkeys; a terrible bat god; and a little too much tequila.

Hellboy Library Edition, Vol. 1: Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil
41OpnOMLgtL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Since Mike Mignola's Hellboy first hit the stands in 1993, it has become a cultural sensation, racking up a dozen Eisner Awards and inspiring numerous spinoffs, from a novel line, to video games, to feature films. Now, Dark Horse is pleased to present the comics that started it all, collected in deluxe hardcover editions. Sized at a generous 9" x 12", and handsomely bound to match The Art of Hellboy, each volume contains two complete story-arcs-the equivalent of two full trade-paperbacks. Each volume of the Hellboy Library Edition also includes extensive supplemental materials, including previously unreleased sketches and designs.

* Hellboy Volume 1 collects the first two story-arcs-Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil-with the original introductions by Robert Bloch and Alan Moore.[/quote]

The Marquis: Inferno
41exdnEUvCL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

t was during the 18th century that the Ministry of Inquisition ruled over the lands of Venisalle, for in the world of The Marquis, faith and religion are the strict laws of life and death. It is into this world that the souls of Hell have escaped to sin, murder and be free by taking possession of the living. During this time, a man of the Inquisition finds himself blessed with the ability to see into the very souls of the damned and fight the devils within. But as the Marquis begins his holy crusade to send back the escapees of Hell, the battle between good and evil starts to blur into a struggle between faith and sanity.

Marquis_S04.jpg

http://www.guydavisartworks.com/marquis.htm

Nocturnals Volume One: Black Planet and Other Stories
510XN5GCHGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nocturnals Volume 2: The Dark Forever & Other Tales
51ZbAb1HIFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

34o7sht.jpg

The Nocturnals is a neat mesh of weird: you have pulp, horror, and Halloween, and it creates something really special. Essentially, this is an ensemble story about a family and the trouble that they frequently face. The saturnine fellow up there with the girl with two-tones hair is Doc Horror and his daughter, Evening. Doc and Eve fell to earth from another dimension, trying to escape the parasitic evil that took over their own planet. Eve was just a small child at the time, and as a result of her fall was seperated from her father for a year as he tried to find her. Doc ended up working for an old time gangster who eventually helped him reunite with Eve.

Around that same time period their littel twosome grew by several as Polychrome, Starfish, the Gunwitch, Firelion, and Komodo were adopted into the clan. Eventually the Raccoon began to tag along too, originally because he'd very much like to get into Starfish's pants. Each Noctunal has their own bizarre back story, and it parts of each are revealed through the different stories currently out.

Awesome Source, Check it out!

nocs-panorama.preview.jpg

http://www.nocturnals.com/

Scary Godmother
61Ug0iaZ-wL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

It's Halloween night and it's up to Scary Godmother to show one little girl just how much fun spooky can be! Meet Hannah Marie, who, with the help of Scary Godmother, stands up to her mean-spirited cousin Jimmy and her fear of monsters on her first Halloween adventure with the big kids. Later, Hannah joins forces with Orson, the vampire boy, to unravel a mystery near and dear to their hearts. Some of Scary Godmother's closest (and most frightful) pals get in on the fun too, including Bugaboo, the Boozle, and Skully Pettibone.

Spooks Volume 1

51sft9OX1AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Spooks Volume 2: Omega Team (v. 2)

“SPOOKS” is the unofficial name for the United States Department of Supernatural Defense (DOSD), a high-tech secret branch of the military that protects American borders from things that go bump in the night. And when the king of all vampires allies with the deadliest of witches, their terrorist plot unleashes an invasion of classic monsters on U.S. soil, propelling the Spooks team into action.

61gmZTwJYwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SpooksOT3-7.jpg

The DOSD is comprised of several divisions, but the one that strikes fear even into the other battle-hardened SPOOKS agents is Omega Team. They are the elite – the baddest of the bad. They are the SPOOKS assassins - sent in to eradicate the monsters too tough for anyone else to handle - no questions asked, no mercy given. Their missions are strictly black-ops, off-the-books, and highly classified. In fact, there is no official record that Omega Team even exists.

http://www.spooksthecomic.com/

Swamp Thing: Dark Genesis

51VSBR0C06L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

aayeyq.jpg

He has become a modern legend, this mysterious creature of the Louisiana bayou. Feared as a monster, hailed as a god, by turns wonderfully benevolent and pitiless in his wrath, the Swamp Thing has carved his unique niche in the American Landscape.

Writer Len Wein and legendary horror artist Bernie Wrightson, the original creators of the most complex creature in comics, brought the "Swamp Thing" to life in an 8-page story from HOUSE OF SECRETS #92. Now that classic story, plus the first ten issues of SWAMP THING Volume One, are reprinted in a new edition of SWAMP THING: DARK GENESIS - a 240-page VERTIGO trade paperback.

In DARK GENESIS, learn the astonishing secret of Swamp Thing's "birth"; share the forbidden passions of Anton Arcane and the measureless sorrow of the Patchwork Man; shiver to the timeless horror of the witch named Rebecca Ravenwind and of a tortured Scottish werewolf. These eleven stories are not merely acknowledged classics of the comics field; they are an incredible reading experience, and the ideal introduction to the many-faceted creature known as Swamp Thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Podcasts!

Here are some comic related podcasts that won't induce vomiting.

11 O'Clock Comics
- These guys aren't as in love with the sound of their own voice like some other Comic Groupthink Sycophants who podcast more frequently than I move my bowels. They will also turn you on to new and interesting books.

Sidebar
- Awesome interviews with the awesome artists on these awesome books.

Word Balloon
- In depth interviews with the writers of funnybooks!

Aw Yeah! Podcast
- It's Art and Franco from Tiny Titans just gabbing. It's magic talk of Superman, floppy Vaders, and stinky people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Diamond Listing

Comic Shop Locator

Solicits and previews for July 2011

Newsarama: DC Comics

Newsarama: Marvel Comics

Comic Book Resources: Image Comics

Comic Book Resources: Dark Horse Comics

Newsarama: IDW Publishing

Newsarama: Dynamite Entertainment

Online Subscription Services for Monthly Comics:

Marvel Comics / DC Comics / Midtown Comics / Mile High Comics / Things From Another World / My Comic Shop / DCBS[/QUOTE]

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
danny ketch is my favorite ghost rider variant next to lady vengeance. i approve.

Parallax said:
danny ketch is my favorite ghost rider variant next to lady vengeance. i approve.

I can dig him, but I still prefer my old blue jumpsuit Johnny Blaze. I'm not sure if modern day GAF peeps can stomach the fiery Evel Knievel homage though.

Satchwar said:
why is batwoman not up there bro

Unless she has centipedes and spiders in her bajingo, she's simply not spooky enough for this month! :D

Parallax

Satchwar said:
why is batwoman not up there bro

i think those are books that he likes that would fit the halloween season. unless batwoman had a halloween type book i missed

Parallax

The Take Out Bandit said:
I can dig him, but I still prefer my old blue jumpsuit Johnny Blaze. I'm not sure if modern day GAF peeps can stomach the fiery Evel Knievel homage though.

you should have added ruins to the mix as well. that book brought me down pretty easily. but johnny blazes part makes me laugh

notworksafe

Parallax said:
i think those are books that he likes that would fit the halloween season. unless batwoman had a halloween type book i missed
She's a bat...woman! Duh! That's spooky!

Also...GOON! WOO!

More people need to check out Ghostbusters. Seriously, give it a shot.

J5oDw.jpg

It's apparently selling really well, but will be getting a reissue sometime soon.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
I just want to say, fuck 3.99 books.

In general I agree; but All Star Western was worth it.

Still, it's crap.

Oh, and speaking of Batwoman - may as well post the list of DC trades that will be available for Kindle Fiyah!

All Star Superman
All Star Batman & Robin, The Boy Wonder, Vol. 1
American Vampire Vol. 1
Batman and Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn
Batman and Robin, Vol. 2: Batman vs. Robin
Batman and Robin, Vol. 3: Batman Must Die!
Batman and Son
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Hush
Batman: R.I.P.
Batman: The Black Glove
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman: Year One
Blackest Night
Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 1
Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 2
Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns
Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
Brightest Day, Vol. 1
Brightest Day, Vol. 2
Brightest Day, Vol. 3
Daytripper
Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
Fables Vol. 2: Animal Farm
Fables Vol. 3: Storybook Love
Fables Vol. 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers
Fables Vol. 5: The Mean Seasons
Fables Vol. 6: Homeland
Fables Vol. 7: Arabian Nights (and Days)
Fables Vol. 8: Wolves
Fables Vol. 10: The Good Prince
Fables Vol. 11: War and Pieces
Fables Vol. 12: The Dark Ages
Fables Vol. 13: The Great Fables Crossover
Fables Vol. 14: Witches
Fables Vol. 15: Rose Red
The Flash: Rebirth
Green Lantern Vol. 3: Wanted Hal Jordan
Green Lantern: Agent Orange
Green Lantern: Blackest Night
Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns
Green Lantern: Rebirth
Green Lantern: Secret Origin
Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War
How to Understand Israel in 60 Days or Less
Identity Crisis
The Joker
Kingdom Come
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 1
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 2
MAD About Oscars
MAD About Superheroes
MAD About Superheroes
MAD About the 50′s
MAD About the 60′s
Marzi
Planetary Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories
Planetary Vol. 2: The Fourth Man
Planetary Vol. 3: Leaving the 20th Century
Planetary Vol. 4: Spacetime Archaeology
The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes & Nocturnes
The Sandman Vol. 2: The Doll’s House
The Sandman Vol. 3: Dream Country
The Sandman Vol. 4: Season of Mists
The Sandman Vol. 5: A Game of You
The Sandman Vol. 6: Fables and Reflections
The Sandman Vol. 7: Brief Lives
The Sandman Vol. 8: World’s End
The Sandman Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
The Sandman Vol. 10: The Wake
The Sandman: Dream Hunters
The Sandman: Dream Hunters (P. Craig Russell)
The Sandman: Endless Nights
Superman: Earth One
Superman for All Seasons
The Unwritten Vol. 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity
The Unwritten Vol. 2: Inside Man
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
We3
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 2: Cycles
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 4: Safeword
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 5: Ring of Truth
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 6: Girl on Girl
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 7: Paper Dolls
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 8: Kimono Dragons
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 9: Motherland
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 10: Whys and Wherefores

That's some good stuff right there.

notworksafe

http://i54.tinypic.com/2d8gaj8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Godlike.

And I kinda want a Fire. Digital comics seems appealing, but a 7" screen probably isn't the best way to read them.

Lionel Mandrake said:
More people need to check out Ghostbusters. Seriously, give it a shot.

J5oDw.jpg

It's apparently selling really well, but will be getting a reissue sometime soon.

Is IDW using this style for the comic, or is the interior different?

I ask because it would be interesting to see a licensed title adhere to strict character model sheets.

Is IDW using this style for the comic, or is the interior different?

I ask because it would be interesting to see a licensed title adhere to strict character model sheets.

That's the style.

Qq4PI.jpg

Except for a short mini-story in the back of the book.

I wish more comics did a special Halloween issue like shows do. I would love to see a fun little story with some Super Heroes just having fun on October 31st.

Can't wait for the Kindle Fire to come out. Already have an iPad but I want to see some videos of the comics on this bad boy. If any tablet can rival the iPad, it's probably going to be this one. Plus, all the Fable graphic novels?! That would be crazy cool to carry around.

Updated OP with quite possibly the most egregious of omissions on my part!

Bernie Wrightsons Frankenstein
51L4FYrrXlL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

xp28lf.gif

Few works by comic-book artists have earned the universal acclaim and reverence that Bernie Wrightson's illustrated version of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's Frankenstein was met with upon its original release in 1983. Twenty-five years later, this magnificent pairing of art and literature is still considered to be one of the greatest achievements made by any artist in the field. Now, Wrightson and Dark Horse Books are collaborating on a beautiful new hardcover edition of the book, published in a larger 9' x 12' format intended to show off the exquisitely detailed line art of one of the greatest living artists in comics today. This book includes the complete text of the original groundbreaking novel, and the original forty-seven full-page illustrations that stunned the world with their monumental beauty and uniqueness.

Satch

Banned
i think im going to be action comics superman-girl with the S shirt and the tiny cape for Halloween this year

Satchwar said:
i think im going to be action comics superman-girl with the S shirt and the tiny cape for Halloween this year

Haw!

Saw a chick at work the other day with a Superman shirt. Always fun to see chicks in geek attire and assume they're one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble!

I inventoried my Kamandi collection tonight to rebuild the list of issues I'm missing.

Half tempted to cancel my omnibus pre-order. It would be nice to have it sitting on my shelf; but I've about ten issues away from a complete run. It's kind of redundant and a testament as to why I have no money saved. :|

Mid Ohio Con is at the end of the month. I'm going to finish her off then, and see about getting runs of The New Gods and OMAC.

Dat Kirby!

notworksafe

MARVEL
Releasing This Week

COMIC OF THE WEEK:
AUG110649 X-MEN SCHISM #5 (OF 5) $3.99
JVAsil.jpg

It all comes down to this! After years of fighting side-by-side the X-Men are torn irrevocably in half. On one side, X-Men team leader, Cyclops. On the other, X-Men mainstay, Wolverine. Between them lies the fate of mutantkind, and surrounding them, the foes who want to end them forever! Be there for the conclusion of the story that will set the stage for the X-Men universe for years to come, from Marvel Architect writer Jason Aaron and art legend Adam Kubert!

ozP62.jpg
OQNEl.jpg
Ce1HU.jpg
4wwCG.jpg
QstFT.jpg

0nZsV.jpg
7KaGE.jpg
ckHew.jpg
sloC0.jpg
U2h1t.jpg

Cvcnk.jpg
DZaml.jpg
2ujE5.jpg

AUG110607 AVENGERS 1959 #1 (OF 5) $2.99
AUG110681 CASANOVA AVARITIA #2 (OF 4) (MR) $4.99
AUG110678 DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BATTLE OF TULL #5 (OF 5) $3.99
AUG110673 DEADPOOL #44 $2.99
AUG110622 HULK #42 $2.99
AUG110627 MOON KNIGHT #6 $3.99
AUG110647 MYSTIC #3 (OF 4) $2.99
AUG110604 SPIDER-ISLAND HEROES FOR HIRE #1 SPI $2.99
AUG110633 SPIDER-MAN POWER COMES RESPONSIBILITY #7 (OF 7) $3.99
AUG110682 SUPERIOR #5 (OF 6) (MR) $2.99
AUG110646 THUNDERBOLTS #164 $2.99
AUG110665 X-23 #15 $2.99
AUG110660 X-MEN #19 $3.99

Also just noticed that the solicits in the OP are for July 2011...lol

Bull

Lionel Mandrake said:

Can you buy this through the IDW app on the iPad?

Also, wasn't Marvel going to start releasing all their titles on the iPad? There don't seem to be any new Hulk issues available to buy.

Satch

Banned
DC COMICS

SUPERMAN & CO.

cGyc2.jpg

AUG110179 ACTION COMICS #2 $3.99
JUL110247 ALL STAR SUPERMAN TP $29.99

BATMAN & CO.

RhLD2.jpg
jrtjd.jpg
KQAkb.jpg

JUN110269 BATMAN EYE OF THE BEHOLDER HC $22.99
JUL110251 BATMAN THE LONG HALLOWEEN TP NEW ED $24.99
AUG110189 BATWING #2 $2.99
AUG110238 DC COMICS PRESENTS BATMAN THE DEMON LAUGHS #1 $7.99
AUG110190 DETECTIVE COMICS #2 $2.99
AUG110185 PENGUIN PAIN AND PREJUDICE #1 (OF 5) $2.99

GREEN LANTERN AND THE CORPS.

2SLTm.jpg

AUG110207 RED LANTERNS #2 $2.99

TEAMS

ExpYB.jpg
cWgp6.jpg
CJUff.jpg

AUG110177 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE LEGENDS #15 $2.99
AUG110164 JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #2 $2.99
AUG110224 MEN OF WAR #2 $3.99
AUG110217 STORMWATCH #2 $2.99

MISC.

RugSg.jpg
JRX8t.jpg
ibJVN.jpg
pkaMM.jpg

AUG110172 GREEN ARROW #2 $2.99
AUG110229 HAWK AND DOVE #2 $2.99
JUL110284 AMERICAN VAMPIRE TP VOL 01 (MR) $19.99
AUG110212 ANIMAL MAN #2 $2.99
AUG110283 HOUSE OF MYSTERY #42 (MR) $2.99
AUG110197 HUNTRESS #1 (OF 6) $2.99
AUG110284 IZOMBIE #18 (MR) $2.99
AUG110222 OMAC #2 $2.99
AUG110227 STATIC SHOCK #2 $2.99
AUG110275 SUPERNATURAL #1 (OF 6) $2.99
AUG110211 SWAMP THING #2 $2.99
AUG110289 SWEET TOOTH #26 (MR) $2.99

FOR THE KIDS!

i4DYQ.jpg
e3N8T.jpg

AUG110271 LOONEY TUNES #203 $2.99
AUG110270 SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU #14 $2.99

FoneBone

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
Damn that's almost two months between releases. Did it get delayed or was it always that?
It was always that - it's coming out the third Wednesdays in November and December, too. The gap between #1 and #2 definitely strikes me as questionable scheduling, though.

SUPREME1

Banned
FoneBone said:
It was always that - it's coming out the third Wednesdays in November and December, too. The gap between #1 and #2 definitely strikes me as questionable scheduling, though.

I guess that was supposed to be the permanent shedule, JLA#1 having been released ahead of everything else for the hpye?

I picked up Ultimates #2 and The Flash #1, with all the praise they were getting. Haven't read them yet.

Wednesday, I'll just be getting Action and Detective.

kswiston

DC is hogging what little comic reading time I have these days. Went from 3 DC books to about 15 a month. I think the only Marvel book I am up to date with is Uncanny X-Force.

Next week looks like a good one for DC books. Will probably grab Action, Detective, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Batwing.

I might also pick up the schism mini now that it is wrapping up.

I need to stop buying image trades because they always come out with the oversized HCs later =/.. Ah well guess I continue on with paperback for chew and morning glories.

Damn that's almost two months between releases. Did it get delayed or was it always that?

You should get a time machine to get Jim Lee from 1996 who could finish a monthly book to come work on JLA in 2011.

The good news is Jim Lee's style hasn't changed any, so you won't notice a difference. LOLOLOL

You should get a time machine to get Jim Lee from 1996 who could finish a monthly book to come work on JLA in 2011.

The good news is Jim Lee's style hasn't changed any, so you won't notice a difference. LOLOLOL

He's an executive now. He has to do executive things. He obviously can't be expected to finish comic books and make complex executive decisions.

notworksafe

He's an executive now. He has to do executive things. He obviously can't be expected to finish comic books and make complex executive decisions.
The only executive decision he makes is "add more armor!"

Xater

List time!

Marvel:
MOON KNIGHT #6

DC:
ACTION COMICS #2
BATWING #2
DETECTIVE COMICS #2
ANIMAL MAN #2
SWAMP THING #2

Boy DC is kicking so much ass right now.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Being that I'm new to the whole pull list thing, how do the limited series work?

Is either the Penguin one or the Temptress one worth picking up? Will they have any bearing on the ongoing series? I'm kind of interested in a penguin origin story, so I might grab it.

Are these series usually of dubious quality compared to the ongoing series?

I think I'll be getting those Frankenstein and Marquis books. They look great. Especially, Frankenstein. :Wow @ that art

Also, The Coffin is one of my favorite books ever. It's back in print? I remember talking to the artist and he told me he pretty much had all the copies left in his closet haha. If its back in print, thats great to hear. Id recommend that book go anyone.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Anyway, my pull list. I killed off Static Shock just because I needed to cull something and it seemed kind of vanilla.

ACTION COMICS #2 - looking forward to seeing where this goes. I thought the first was kind of bland.
ANIMAL MAN #1 2ND PTG - finally!
ANIMAL MAN #2 - hey, two at once!
Item: BATWING #2 - loved the first one
Item: DETECTIVE COMICS #2 - loved the first one, but am a bit worried with it not fitting into any of the other bat books continuity. It better pull a rabbit out of it's hat or it's cut.
Item: GREEN ARROW #2 - I liked the first one, I like the character. It's kind of vanilla, but the character being one of my favs keeps it safe
Item: JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #2 - last chance
Item: OMAC #2 - the first one was fun
Item: RED LANTERNS #2 - last chance
Item: STORMWATCH #2 - liked the first one a ton
Item: SWAMP THING #2 - super safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom