• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS - October 2011 |OT| - Goons, Godmothers, and Gunwitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spike Spiegel said:
1318524972.jpg

Brian Wood. Becky Cloonan. Conan the Barbarian. "Queen of the Black Coast". HYPE.

That looks awesome coloured, though at first I thought it was Paul Pope doing Demon Knights (I get a real Madame Xanadu vibe off the female).

Read Wednesday Comics Green Lantern and Hawkman this morning. GL was pretty solid and told a fun story. Hawkman was a bit weak, but they make fun of Aquaman so it scores a few points in that regard.

Hela

I simply adore Batwoman's art. I don't know why I haven't cared about this before, but it's really something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hela said:
I simply adore Batwoman's art. I don't know why I haven't cared about this before, but it's really something.

Yeah. I just read the new issue and was utterly blown away. Those two double page spreads showing the were-fight were stunning, some of the best art in a comic I've ever seen in my life.

This comic is the shit, and JHW is the best artist working today, hands down. This book is just him schooling the entire industry.

Also, you really need to go find some more of his work if you've not been following him the past few years. Batman: the black glove is a really good piece he did in a similar style, and if you've not read Batwoman elegy you should get on that too.

ep85

Nesotenso said:
Rick Remender & Gabriel Hardman to follow Ellis on Secret Avengers. Great choice
So far, Rick Remender has done no wrong in my eyes. Has he done anything notable before Uncanny X-Force and Venom? I would love to read some more of his stories.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nesotenso said:
Rick Remender & Gabriel Hardman to follow Ellis on Secret Avengers. Great choice

WHAT?! and I was just about to drop that book... its back on the reconsider table.

Hell yes. Storm has languished in the background of the X-Men and Black Panther for far too long.

EDIT: At the same time I can't help but think it's all part of Cyclops's plan to win hearts and minds.

Cheska

So finally Storm's time to shine? :)

I finished Gotham City Sirens yesterday, and while I enjoyed the series the ending was just a huge dissapointment.

Cheska said:
So finally Storm's time to shine? :)

Storm had her time.

Check out some classic X-Men stories from before when you clowns were born. :|

It's nice that people give a sh*t about the Avengers again, but this cross pollination of X-Men? Not my cup of tea.

the chris

krypt0nian said:
And be written in Bendis' voice along with all the other Avengers.

I love Storm but this isn't a good thing IMO.
Yea, I like the idea of her on the Avengers but hate the idea of Bendis writing her. Something that depresses me is that Bendis has been writing the Avengers longer than any other writer yet I can't name a single "wow" moment from any of his titles.

I already grabbed the issue and loved it!

New news!

Fans wondering if or when the original Captain Marvel, a.k.a. Shazam!, would make an appearance in DC’s New 52 can wonder no more. DC Comics announced today at the New York Comic Con that writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank will team up on a back-up feature, The Curse of Shazam, that will run in issues of Justice League starting with #5.

SHA-ZAM!

Cheska

The Take Out Bandit said:
Oh holy sh*t!

HOLY SH*T!

I didn't even notice this.

If you don't buy this comic I hate you.

Hate you right in your face.

It's not on comixology :( I'll try to make it out to a comic store today.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bangai-o said:
a Marvel Universe where Mutants and superpowered beings exist is so convoluted. I wish they were apart.

what? i think integration is a great thing. which is sad seeing as how the live in the same universe

bangai-o

Banned
Parallax said:
what? i think integration is a great thing. which is sad seeing as how the live in the same universe
but it never makes any sense! One one side the Xmen are preventing some sort of holocaust that doesnt even concern the Avengers.

krypt0nian said:
He was shown in 2 panels already in JLI #1. Pages 1, 3.
I know but he needs his own book, fuck the russian representative that denied him a place in JLI.

And Perez is leaving Superman, brah must have lasted like four issues cuz they have the Legion tie in and after seems he is gone.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My roommates brother came to me with a question that left me a bit stumped.

Has there been an alternate dimension story involving DC super heroes where Superman is the defacto "leader" of heroes and the rest of the DC line derives all their power from Supes. And all of the characters are black.

I have no idea if this exists, but I have been tasked with finding the answer.

Anything at all sound like that or similar?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Spike Spiegel said:
Holy cow, first X-23 joins the Academy now the Runaways resurface! :O

sDcMC.jpg

damnit molly! cant you see the man was enjoying his drink? and karolina and julie looks like theyre about to go "at it with full force"

Bleeding Cool:

It was strongly hinted at in Action Comics #2.

But from the Superman panel at the New York Comic Con, panellists confirmed it.

In the DC relaunched universe, Krypto, now Jor-El’s dog, did not make it to Earth alive.

Weep, dog lovers, weep. He will join Laika in spacedog heaven.

But you will get to see him rarther fine, large and powerful form in upcoming issues… hooves and horns and all.
*shakes head*

Went to the backup shop.

Bought two more copies of Orchid to shove down peoples throats.

Also snagged an issue of War Goddess out of the cheapo bin to see if it's worth a sh*t.

New Cavewoman came out that I missed.

AND DAT CANTERBURY CRICKET!?

Rags Morales - I must read it.

Nesotenso

Parallax said:
Truth. Two great tastes that don't belong together.

I don't like the way it crosses over two disparate worlds. Storm belongs in X-verse not Wakanda.

Panther belongs in Wakanda not Hell's Kitchen. Give him an ongoing where you play up his technological prowess along with the mystical aspects. Depict Wakanda like Kun Lun in Iron fist. Introduce stuff from African folklore and stay in Africa. That would be unique and awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom