• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS - October 2011 |OT| - Goons, Godmothers, and Gunwitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bangai-o said:
im not touching the Walking Dead thread. I just ordered a season pass on Amazon on Demand. Hoping for each episode to be good and not just the first one.

The first ep is the only one worth watching IMO. It gets so bad, then gets worse.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bangai-o said:
im not touching the Walking Dead thread. I just ordered a season pass on Amazon on Demand. Hoping for each episode to be good and not just the first one.

its kinda for the best. it got to a certain point for me, and i couldnt stand what kirkman was doing with the characters, so i dropped it

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So I'm a little slow to the New 52 bus, but finally getting caught up.

I think my fave title out of the bunch is Demon Knights. Totally unexpected, but damn it's a lot of fun.

Xater

krypt0nian said:
The first ep is the only one worth watching IMO. It gets so bad, then gets worse.
I think it is a Good show that could be a lot better. They should have stuck close with the comic because that did more interesting stuff. The whole prison arc for example is amazing.

Vyer said:
New Supes costume makes an awesome looking action figure.

http://i.imgur.com/7kILv.jpg

eh, I think a lot of the others (that still are closer to the traditional costumes) also have the craftsmanship, but the Supes is one of the better looking ones thanks to the costume imo.

http://aftimes.com/2011/07/sdcc-2011-doc-owen-reports-dc-direct-new-52-reboot-figures/

I have to say this may be the first Superman action figure that I've seen that doesn't look awful. I just may have to get this one.

bangai-o

Banned
Xater said:
I think it is a Good show that could be a lot better. They should have stuck close with the comic because that did more interesting stuff. The whole prison arc for example is amazing.
to me it seems like season one was just the tv industry having to conform to what they think viewers want, where everything needs to be answered. Did they really need to explain that it is a virus? Couldnt they leave that unanswered and still tell the story? For all we know, the comic could reveal that the zombies are actually being risen to undead by the devil or something.

Xater

bangai-o said:
to me it seems like season one was just the tv industry having to conform to what they think viewers want, where everything needs to be answered. Did they really need to explain that it is a virus? Couldnt they leave that unanswered and still tell the story? For all we know, the comic could reveal that the zombies are actually being risen to undead by the devil or something.

Good point. Do we really need an explanation? The comic works great without it, because finding the cure is not the point of this at all. The apocalypse has pretty much happened no it is "deal with it" time for humanity.

I thought I was ready for OMAC. . .

58732976506.1.GIF

I was not ready for OMAC. :O

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been burnt out on comics for a while, but I got back into it in a big way with Cosmic Marvel with War of the Kings, Annihilation, and all that.

Is there a current ongoing for Cosmic? the closest thing I can think of is Black Bolt in FF, and it looks like that'll be over soon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you finished War of Kings and Realm of Kings, it's basically Nova and GotG issues up until The Thanos Imperative.

Then there's an Annihilators 4 issue miniseries (with a Rocket Raccoon/Groot backup story) and then Annihilators: Earthfall just started.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Htown said:
If you finished War of Kings and Realm of Kings, it's basically Nova and GotG issues up until The Thanos Imperative.

Then there's an Annihilators 4 issue miniseries (with a Rocket Raccoon/Groot backup story) and then Annihilators: Earthfall just started.
None of those are up for subscriptions though, so I take it that I'll just have to hunt them down at my local comic shop?

Xater

zoner said:
None of those are up for subscriptions though, so I take it that I'll just have to hunt them down at my local comic shop?

what do you mean? the Marvel digital subscription thing? Yeah it will probably be awhile before you can get those there. I read the first issues if Annihilators Earthfall and it was fun.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
thanos imperative is about 2/3 up on marvel digital. there is a hardcover out if you want to get that. same for annihilators. you can get them on amazon if you don't want to bother with the comic shop.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
My friend got me an awesome hard cover of Powers Volume 1 for my birthday. Haven't read it at all, but have heard good things.

Htown said:
why not? is it supposed to be terrible or something?

No idea, just took a blind jump into it as it seemed to be the 'next one' after Fantastic Four to check out. Its seems like a comic aimed at girls, with its storyline and that, but I'm enjoying it.

Satch

Banned
DC COMICS

SUPERMAN & CO.

HTAcR.jpg
NFMco.jpg

AUG110235 DC COMICS PRESENTS SUPERBOYS LEGION #1 $7.99
AUG110240 DC COMICS PRESENTS SUPERMAN SECRET IDENTITY #1 $7.99
(NOTE: Supergirl #2 is also releasing this week, but it's not on Diamond's release list.)

BATMAN & CO.

JozJR.jpg
X6CS5.jpg
vtoWI.jpg

AUG110186 BATMAN #2 $2.99
AUG110192 BATMAN ODYSSEY VOL 2 #1 (OF 7) $3.99
AUG110198 CATWOMAN #2 $2.99
JUL110257 GOTHAM CENTRAL TP BOOK 03 ON THE FREAK $19.99
AUG110200 NIGHTWING #2 $2.99

WONDER WOMAN

qTasm.jpg

AUG110166 WONDER WOMAN #2 $2.99

GREEN LANTERN & THE CORPS

7Ncx7.jpg

AUG110205 GREEN LANTERN CORPS #2 $2.99
JUL110253 GREEN LANTERN THE MOVIE PREQUELS TP $14.99

TEAMS

er30C.jpg
PIeRc.jpg
R7Xvk.jpg

AUG110201 BIRDS OF PREY #2 $2.99
AUG110178 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE LEGENDS #16 $2.99
AUG110160 JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 $3.99
AUG110231 LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #2 $2.99
APR110207 LEGION OF SUPER HEROES THE CURSE DELUXE ED $49.99
AUG110199 RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #2 $2.99

MISC.

2IEC5.jpg
iYFbt.jpg
YFinf.jpg

AUG110228 BLUE BEETLE #2 $2.99
AUG110170 CAPTAIN ATOM #2 $2.99
AUG110175 DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #2 $2.99
AUG118075 DRIVER CROSSING THE LINE #1 CORRECTED COPIES $2.99
AUG110282 FABLES #110 (MR) $2.99
AUG110281 HELLBLAZER #284 $2.99
JUL110278 MARZI TP $17.99
JUL110296 UNWRITTEN TP VOL 04 LEVIATHAN (MR) $14.99
AUG110286 VERTIGO RESURRECTED THE EATERS #1 (MR) $7.99

FOR THE KIDS!

at7zb.jpg

AUG110267 TINY TITANS #45 $2.99
AUG110268 YOUNG JUSTICE #9 $2.99

What is this exactly? A reprint of the first two issues? A trade? Something else? I've been meaning to read this story.

Satch

Banned
Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:

What is this exactly? A reprint of the first two issues? A trade? Something else? I've been meaning to read this story.
reprint of the first two issues.

-Mikey-

Small week for me:

DHP #5
Savage Sword #3
Batman #2
Wonder Woman #2

Might check out that Superman Secret Identity reprint as well.

Satch

Banned
krypt0nian said:
COMICS FUCK YEAH!

http://i.newsarama.com/images/FRSH_Cv5_02.jpg
http://i.newsarama.com/images/OMAC_Cv5_02.jpg
145.jpg

That makes me wonder if that posing has any kind of historical significance in art, like The Pieta, which gets heavily referenced in comics (most notably in Death of Superman).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ookami-kun said:
I didn't know there's a comic book thread O:

tmnt-idw-1-leo.jpg

IDW-2_Cover-A_Duncan.jpg

Anyway, I didn't know TMNT relaunch has started. Oh and so far it's awesome! It mixes some elements of the comics and cartoons while making its own distinction.

- Splinter is not a "rat who watched his master do martial arts" nor is "a master who became a rat man". Instead, he's a biologically altered rat that became smart, and is April's pet in the lab. When the lab was attacked by ninjas to collect the mutagen and the turtles for being specimens, he followed the ninjas and attacked them on the rooftop, causing him, the chemical, and the turtles to fall and be affected by it.
- The turtles have a similar origin - though instead of being random pets they're specimens for the chemical experiment. They still retain the original red bandannas. Their names were given by April when she was working in the lab.
- April is a scientist here. She worked in the experiment as a keeper of the animals, befriended Splinter as a rat and named the turtles.
They're doing a pretty big crossover soon with a bunch of IDW stuff soon. I know TMNT and Transformers are in.

SUPREME1

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
Justice League
Batman
Wonder Woman
Catwoman

Those are the #2s I'm buying this week. Might pick up Legion of Super-Heroes #1 at $1.99 too...

JLA
Batman

Money is suddenly so very tight. : (

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Teh Hamburglar said:
Not a comic but Batman Arkham City comes out in a few hours!
Yep. Too bad I got school tomorrow. The good news is that my school is halfway to the comic shop, so I can pick up the new FF and pick up Batman and have a comic-y day

STOP THE PRESSES!

Savage Dragon #174 this week!

2cp51sw.jpg

Teh Hamburglar said:
Not a comic but Batman Arkham City comes out in a few hours!

Batman and Video Games! Two terrible tastes that taste terrible together! >:O

I hope Heroes Con is a vidgeo gaem free con. I'm tired of these snot nosed game nerds crapping up my funnybook conventions.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Batman and Video Games! Two terrible tastes that taste terrible together! >:O

I hope Heroes Con is a vidgeo gaem free con. I'm tired of these snot nosed game nerds crapping up my funnybook conventions.

what? Did you play Arkham Asylum? It was amazing.

Teh Hamburglar said:
what? Did you play Arkham Asylum? It was amazing.

Batman Brave & The Bold is my Batman game of choice.

I really hate any game where the character is off center of the camera. Irks the crap out of me.

OR SHOULD I SAY BAT-CRAP?!

Plus it was more or less an ugly Tenchu wanna-be. :|

I loved Arkham Asylum enough to play it through several times and attempt to platinum; but all of the pre-order costumes, characters, challenges and map packs that WB is shilling this time around, coupled with a backlog I'm making no headway with, means I'm going to wait on Arkham City until I can get a no-hassle GoTY edition next year for $30. Maybe by then my backlog will have shrunk some.

Dacon

Banned

Lolno.

Say what you want about AA, but it's a very different game from Tenchu.

They share the stealth concept, but that's about it.

Batman Brave & The Bold is my Batman game of choice.

I really hate any game where the character is off center of the camera. Irks the crap out of me.

OR SHOULD I SAY BAT-CRAP?!

Sometimes you type words that are so foreign I chalk it up to schtick.

I say give me a good Hawkman or Wildcat game.

YEAH!

No wait.

Screw DC heroes.

GIVE ME A SAVAGE DRAGON GAME!

Every other level would be savage smanging. Oh yeah!

No quicktime events though please. That crap is lame.

Although a Parappa style Demon game would be cool too. :D

I say give me a good Hawkman or Wildcat game.

YEAH!

No wait.

Screw DC heroes.

GIVE ME A SAVAGE DRAGON GAME!

Every other level would be savage smanging. Oh yeah!

No quicktime events though please. That crap is lame.

Although a Parappa style Demon game would be cool too. :D

are you using any drugs at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom